4,225,060 iso, 16,775 hp and 145 empty roster slots

13»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, video games are addictive? Who knew lol.

When I got fallout 4, i was staying up til 3 or 4 in morning playing it. 

Too many people though are taking way too much offense in his personal views of the game and why he quit. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:

Too many people though are taking way too much offense in his personal views of the game and why he quit. 
    I mean, there was that one guy who posted a video of him selling off his roster, but he didn't pretend to be saving our souls from our own destructive habits. I can't tell if the OP is intentionally trolling, but it was pretty tone deaf if not.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:

I mean, there was that one guy who posted a video of him selling off his roster, but he didn't pretend to be saving our souls from our own destructive habits. I can't tell if the OP is intentionally trolling, but it was pretty tone deaf if not.
    His roster died for our sins.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    What a waste of time. Good luck with your next addiction, until you get fed up with it and decide to blow it up, too. Hope it's not a person.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    sh81 said:
    Why am I posting, instead of just leaving?

For the small chance someone might read this and make a change themselves.

That is all.  If someone reads this, identifies, and moves on from MPQ to something more constructive - this post was well worth it.

Why the need to take people with you? Just go.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    sh81 said:
    Thats what was left after selling all of my roster.  And now the game has been uninstalled.

Its been dawning on me, slowly, that this game just isnt good for me.  And that the developers certainly dont care for me as a human being, only a potential financial resource.

Ive already dialled back my play considerably.  It hit me at one point that I was spending 3 hours a day on MPQ.

24 hours - ONE FULL DAY - out of every week.  Matching coloured tiles so that comic book characters could make attacks against each other.  Upward of 60 matches a day.

Ridiculous, isnt it?

Since then, with recent changes, its become clear just how deep into MPQ some people have sunk.  Talk of spending thousands, genuinely, has disgusted me - and made me worry for those involved.  Talk of how to play.  The way people are just far too invested...

Its been weighing on me.  So Im out.

Why did I sell my entire roster?  MPQ is insidious.  It worms its way into your life, becomes such a habitual part of it that it almost serves as an addiction.  Quite honestly, if I just uninstalled - theres every chance Ill re-install and carry on in a while.  Selling removes that option.  Now this is conclusive.

I know, even if only subconsciously, that I schedule my day around this game - and the times it demands I play.  At 11 I take a break at work.  Not because I need a break, but because I need to hit DDQ.  At lunch I play PVP, not because I want to.  At around 9pm I play PVE (final clears before new nodes at 10pm), so lunch is the only time I get to hit PVP...  You see how it is?

I have(had) a roster of 145.  All 5* except thor, All 4* except Hulk (half champed), all 3* (champed), all 2* - farming.

And for what?  All in service of playing extreme amounts of a childs game in the service of collecting more covers.

This isnt a response to the PVP rollback, rather a response to many changes over time, and the attitude they show.

There is, potentially, an amazing game in there somewhere.  I have no faith in the devs ever realising that though, they have proven they dont have it in them.

This isnt high drama, Im not looking for masses of attention.  And, this being the internet, Ive no doubt there will be many a snarky remark left behind.

Why am I posting, instead of just leaving?

For the small chance someone might read this and make a change themselves.

That is all.  If someone reads this, identifies, and moves on from MPQ to something more constructive - this post was well worth it.

For all those that will delight in putting me down, taking offence, or commenting on some perceived weakness in this post - go for it.  I hope the game makes you happy, and I hope when the day comes that you find it doesnt quite bring you joy that you are able to ditch it and move onto other things.

Until then, enjoy.

I've come to a similar realisation recently and uninstalled the game on Saturday. Only reason I was still playing was because I got on well with the people in my alliance and didn't want to let them down.

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    sh81 said:
     And that the developers certainly dont care for me as a human being, only a potential financial resource.

This part made me laugh pretty hard.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Not to take shots at anyone, just curious here...

Why still hang out on the forums after leaving the game?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    **This thread isn't really going anywhere but downhill, so I'm gonna lock it.**
This discussion has been closed.