Shield training- Main Event Hulk

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

stryke said:
    I'm really really not okay with locking new 4* character covers behind an unreasonable expectation to have whaled the most recent new 4* character. 

Would you prefer no SHIELD training at all and no extra covers?

This is an extra event, so it's not like you are losing out on anything you would have gotten instead. It would obviously be nice to have Hulk covered sooner rather than later, but I don't Think missing out on a single cover isn't that big a deal. The event still pays out ISO and tokens.

The ironic thing is that the whales presumably care very Little about the extra cover from SHIELD training as they can easily get more covers anyway, so it's basically one more champ level for them...

• aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    Shield Training 3: Revenge of the Paywall

@Brigby  I've not gotten a single Nightcrawler cover since the last iteration of this.  Is nobody listening to our reasonable complaints?
    NC wasn't in tokens until yesterday. You should have hoarded until yesterday :tongue:
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:

stryke said:
    I'm really really not okay with locking new 4* character covers behind an unreasonable expectation to have whaled the most recent new 4* character. 

Actually, yes.  Unless you've whaled, or gotten extremely lucky to have numerous covers on a new character, there are no extra or new covers to be had in Shield Training. It's a huge slap in the face (or kick in the groin) for 98% of the player base. If they want to award an extra cover to the whales, then just do it behind the scenes and be done with it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    Quebbster said:

stryke said:

Actually, yes.  Unless you've whaled, or gotten extremely lucky to have numerous covers on a new character, there are no extra or new covers to be had in Shield Training. It's a huge slap in the face (or kick in the groin) for 98% of the player base. If they want to award an extra cover to the whales, then just do it behind the scenes and be done with it.

There's still five tokens to be gotten from the various nodes. Sure, it's not a new shiny, but is still extra covers you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

It sounds like we won't be able to see Eye to Eye on this though.  I play the SHIELD training, try to get as many rewards as I can, and am happy there's something new to play. I don't particularly care if others get more rewards than me, if they have a stronger roster they have probably worked harder to achieve it too.

• aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Zalasta said:
    Whales are big spenders. Not all players that can finish characters quickly are whales. Play hard, play for a long time, and/or plan/hoard, and you can too. Offering new content, offering high bars, offering new avenues to win, are all great things.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Im done with it already. A 2* Thor and some iso. Now my 3 cover Nightcrawler is gated out of the further nodes. While I understand the whole "its a freebie" point of view, it really just feels like an insult. Added insult after the PVP roll back confirms that MPQs priorities lay squarely with the big boys. Everyone else should just be grateful for scraps...
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod Mode: ON**

Locking thread. While I understand this thread was started before the official announcement, we ask that you please give your feedback regarding the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event in the official thread found here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68889/updates-to-hulk-events-and-s-h-i-e-l-d-training-11-15-17/p1

Thank you!

**Mod Mode: OFF**
This discussion has been closed.