Shield training- Main Event Hulk

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
Starts tomorrow, preview just showed up in the game.

Guesses for who will be required? Hulk, strange and Thor are all 3*. So I have a feeling we might see someone else..

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new Hulk will be required, of course, a few days before we can even win him in an event.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Probably rogue + nightcrawler.  

Shield training is a cattle prod to zap us into champing new releases as fast as possible, even if we have to buy packs to do it.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Just seen main event Hulk has a purple nuke, so now we know why they aren't nerfing the Gambit 0/0/5.

https://news.marvel.com/games/80822/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-hulk/
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who's the next most underpowered character most people don't have champed? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who's the next most underpowered character most people don't have champed? 
    Fury or Venom.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Probably rogue + nightcrawler.  

Shield training is a cattle prod to zap us into champing new releases as fast as possible, even if we have to buy packs to do it.
    As desperately as I hope you’re wrong, you’re probably right. 
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I just looked at hulks power set. Cant see him being useful with a team who creates tile buffs but as a power player (he is the hulk) he sounds absolutely beast. That 5 random crit tiles could be absolute destruction with the right team comp. Jeez slap homecoming spidey and its mayhem
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will be a maxed champed 3* Strange and Thor plus a lvl 209 Nightcrawler
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Is this going to be another disappointing reiteration where the required character has to be a certain level to participate and almost nobody gets the final prize?
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    You know the answer to that. You won't be happy with that answer unless your nightcrawler and falcap are champed 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure non-whales or top players will get screwed as usual.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I've got my Rogue above level 209 now, so it probably won't be her again :)
  • pheregas
    I have one of the two champed. The other has never even been close to tokens before so I guess SSDD.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know the answer to that. You won't be happy with that answer unless your nightcrawler and falcap are champed 
    Is that really who is required?  If so that’s pretty awful!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that really who is required?  If so that’s pretty awful!
    I hope it isn't true. That would be some top tier trolling on their part.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Event is live. Level 209 Nightcrawler required for the last few nodes. This is going to be tricky for my 7 cover Kurt.

Star-Lord is not a problem though.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Star Lord and 4thor are both very solid 4’s that many people already leveled up.  Nightcrawler is tougher but expected.  A kinder group this time, IMHO. 

Thanks to the devs for not just picking the next two worst, least leveled 4’s.
  • pheregas
    Shield Training 3: Revenge of the Paywall

@Brigby  I've not gotten a single Nightcrawler cover since the last iteration of this.  Is nobody listening to our reasonable complaints?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Shield Training 3: Revenge of the Paywall

@Brigby  I've not gotten a single Nightcrawler cover since the last iteration of this.  Is nobody listening to our reasonable complaints?
    No one's listen.  Business as usual.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    I'm really really not okay with locking new 4* character covers behind an unreasonable expectation to have whaled the most recent new 4* character. 
This discussion has been closed.