Updates to Hulk Events and S.H.I.E.L.D. Training (11/15/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Sakaar Arena
Starting this Friday (11/17), there will be some adjustments to Sakaar Arena:
  • New Chapter cover and map for Sakaar Arena!
  • Sakaar Arena will switch between The Hulk Lightning Rounds and Thor Lightning Rounds
  • The Hulk (Indestructible), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Hulk (The Main Event), and The Hulk (Bruce Banner) will be boosted in Sakaar Arena: The Hulk Lightning Rounds
  • The Hulk (The Main Event) is added to the Sakaar Arena Cover store. The odds to get him will be the same as the chance to get him from his vault (1 in 80)
The Hulk (The Main Event) Debut Story Event
There are a few changes coming to new character debut Story events:

Special boosts have been removed as mission rewards in the debut and featured Story events for new characters. Instead, special boosts have been added as new progression rewards in Debut and Featured Story events. 
  • The Hulk (The Main Event) Damage boosts have been added as new progression rewards at 200, 750, 1100, and 1500 points
  • All Hulk Damage boosts have been added as new progression rewards at 300, 900, 1250, and 2000 points
Special boosts have also been added as new progression rewards in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event.
  • The Hulk (The Main Event) Damage boosts have been added as progression rewards at 200 and 800 points
  • All Hulk Damage boosts have been added as new progression rewards at 400 and 950 points
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
We wanted to provide some more information on the intent behind S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and what some of the adjustments to it are moving forward.

It's no surprise that there are players in our community who are long-time supporters of the game, veterans that have been with us since the beginning, and many players in between/in both categories. Having dedicated so much time and effort, these are the players that have worked hard to grow a large and formidable roster. 

In recognition of this, we wanted to create an extra event that allowed these players to showcase their roster strength, and gain rewards from completing these challenging missions. At the same time though, we still wanted to give other players the opportunity to participate, as an additional bonus to the reward structure players are used to.

We've heard a lot of your feedback, and we're making a couple of adjustments to have the event be easier to comprehend, and opened up more to allow for increased player participation. Please keep in mind, this is still a new event in MPQ, so please feel free to continue providing feedback, as we do take all of it into consideration.
  • We've updated the background to make it easier to tell what order the missions are
  • The middle row of missions in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training had its required level lowered to 94 (from 120)

Comments

• Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby

Thank you for the clarification, but it seems a better way to structure the event would be to set the maximum level required to complete at the highest amount of covers winnable up to that point. That would be 9 if math serves me correctly (4x for 1st place pve finish, 1x for alliance from pve, 1x for progression in the next pve, 2x for top placement in PvP, and 1x for progression in the next pve). At least then it is attainable.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Sakaar Arena

• The middle row of missions in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training had its required level lowered to 94 (from 120)
    The biggest complaint wasn't level 120. It was the level 209 requirement.

Personally for me I did everything I could to get Rogue to 11 covers (209 max) but I only obtained 8 covers, despite earning covers in PvE (placement, progression and alliance), PvP progression and I made her my Bonus Hero and opened a ton of tokens. It was nearly impossible. 

For others, level 209 for low class 4*s such as Elektra and XFW is quite a bit of ISO. I understand it's "SHIELD Training" but alot of players would appreciate a heads up on the required characters so we can plan.

I look forward to the new changes and I hope they work out for a majority of the players

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

"It's no surprise that there are players in our community who are long-time supporters of the game"

Translation, we want to reward the guys that pay us to build the newest character in one week by giving them one extra cover for the next character that they were gonna pay us for anyways.

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    I appreciate you are showing signs of listening on this... but uh... just signs.

In general we were annoyed that you locked the single cover for a new character behind a huge paywall the second run.

getting a new character to level 209 the day it enters the packs is in no way rewarding players that build up a large roster, it's only rewarding players that spend a lot of money.

which I get it, you like money. but in the first run while it was annoying to have the bottom row locked out because you needed to build rogue I understood.

you should be lowering the level requirements to get the cover in general, and likely should never include anyone still in the times three odds so that people have had plenty of time to build them up.

or at the very least none of the 6 most recent additions.

it's one cover for a new character, not something meta breaking if more people can get it. It just means that if I can't finish in the top 100 of a new release event I am not completely screwed in the next event where I need the new character to do the 4* node if you allow us to get that cover without needing a character rostered and leveled we can't easily do just by playing.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,291 Chairperson of the Boards
    What happened to events like Growth Industry, Amadeus's inferno or the coulson or guardians events where you could get a cover as long as you can beat the nodes? 
    First, even those events were not just gimmes for younger rosters. 

Two, the more characters in the game, the harder it is to spur people to develop the newest one right away. They are trying to encourage people to spend or play for an advantage sooner than later.

I like that the two vintage 4’s this time are Star Lord and Thor, both very desirable characters that many players have champed or leveled already.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Once again. Thanks for nothing.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone with all 2*s, 3*s and 48 of 58 4*s champed, I was only locked out of 2 nodes in the main section. I earned a good chunk of covers and ISO, so seemed a bit fairer to me this time. 

Not a fan of these silly new boosts though. How many people will ever use them? Put something more useful in progression. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    What happened to events like Growth Industry, Amadeus's inferno or the coulson or guardians events where you could get a cover as long as you can beat the nodes? 
    First, even those events were not just gimmes for younger rosters. 

Two, the more characters in the game, the harder it is to spur people to develop the newest one right away. They are trying to encourage people to spend or play for an advantage sooner than later.

I like that the two vintage 4’s this time are Star Lord and Thor, both very desirable characters that many players have champed or leveled already.
    First. Did anyone ask for free covers?

I'll agree Starlord and Thor are good picks for the essentials this time, and I don't really object to them rewarding people for *ahem* being a tiny little bit more dedicated to the game than average, considering that I've been *coff* lucky enough to get all the previous covers off Shield Training events without whaling tokens, but it's not like  these other more accessible events are mutually exclusive and you can't have them if you have Shield Training. Run them at different times, bring in vintage characters that younger players can't get, why not? 

• stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Having dedicated so much time and effort, these are the players that have worked hard to grow a large and formidable roster. 

In recognition of this, we wanted to create an extra event that allowed these players to showcase their roster strength, and gain rewards from completing these challenging missions.
    I'm sorry but this makes no sense when the reward is locked behind having the newest 4* character at level 209 which has nothing to do with how long you've been building up your roster. 

As others have said the first shield training was fine and one I was able to complete being a long term player, even though I'm not one with a great deal of 4* champions still. 

This though... I have one cover for Nightcrawler so how exactly reward long time players?