Demiurge has unfairly forced Farming as mandatory

Banacek555
Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
subject says it all - now with these XP changes live the only way to make progress on SHIELD Ranks at a reasonable pace - is to farm 3*s to gain same rate of XP as before.

this is abhorrent as it is completely unfair.

it has taken me best part of two years to be in a position to starting MAX championing 3*s, to be competitive roster, so I'll be damned if I have to weaken my roster by selling and starting from scratch.

shame on you developers - disgusting abuse of players loyalty to now force us all to farm - as no other way to gain XP to compete

Comments

• ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Ummm overreaction much...  you do know they don’t have to do this whatsoever right?

You don’t have to sell your 3’s just make a dupe and you’ll start generating faster than you think.  Personally I thought sending tus for xp was stupid and my past ally mates would have meltdowns if requests weren’t out.  Glad that’s done.  
  • Banacek555
    "Buy" ... and there's the key word ... perverse in the extreme to a game that is meant to Free 2 Play at its core.

on the other - yes I have HP - but in terms of gaining same rate of 3* covers as 2* - that does not happen. 

I could have full 13 covers for 2* in less than month - absolutely no way you could do that for 3* - unless Demiurge didn't something fair and increased sources of 3* covers.

then even when you've won enough ISO to actually champion a 3* - again rate at which you will gain specific 3* character covers to level to 266 - still going to be two years.

nope - they can be silent all they like - but we all know every change - is their strategic vision - to make even more money on this Free 2 Play game
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    That is a lot of roster slots lol.  Nevermind the IO.  No, sorry, more fun to play something else than climb that hill again.
  • Banacek555
    edited November 2017
    Hi @Brigby - thank you for that response. I'll give this some time then to see if it reflects what you have suggested that I should not see any detrimental impact to the rate of SHIELD Rank improvement I had before (around 1 Rank per month)

Could you categorically say on the record that I will not need to "farm" 3* characters and "buy" extra slots to duplicate characters to maintain the same XP climb rate as you have suggested above.

if you can - then I'll close this thread - as my argument then essentially destroyed 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Well, they forced farming as mandatory few months ago with adding Champions and 5* covers.
    Only with farming covers, championing them and further upgrading (and selling when maxed and again) you can get enough CPs, LTs and 4*s to even think about building an army of 5*s.

I dunno, i dont think this change somehow changed my behavior. It just made farming (promote-max out-sell-again) more profitable, but as i said - if you wanted to farm LTs and CPs (also HPs, but they have no big impact), farming covers was your primary goal.

I dont really see a problem here. What exactly did change for you? Game is becoming P2P you say? Well, they removed XPs for opening tokens and honestly, tokens are not that expensive. 
    Plus, ISO and HP price did not change for years and there was a huge inflation of both currencies during last years - i think paying players deserve some rewards.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Brigby - thank you for that response. I'll give this some time then to see if it reflects what you have suggested that I should not see any detrimental impact to the rate of SHIELD Rank improvement I had before (around 1 Rank per month)

Could you categorically say on the record that I will not need to "farm" 3* characters and "buy" extra slots to duplicate characters to maintain the same XP climb rate as you have suggested above.

if you can - then I'll close this thread - as my argument then essentially destroyed 
    I double checked with the developers, and this is what they said:

"The way it was designed, there shouldn't be a change in the rate you earn XP. We calculated how much XP players earn at all levels and made sure that the numbers evened out."

Based on that response, I would say that yes, you will be able to 
    maintain the same XP climb rate as before.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    A lot of it will come down to play style.  If you were always green checking PvE and playing countless PvP fights for 2 XP each then you might make a little less XP now. For the most part though as long as you are opening your tokens and applying your covers you will continue to progress at a good pace under this new system.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    A lot of it will come down to play style.  If you were always green checking PvE and playing countless PvP fights for 2 XP each then you might make a little less XP now. For the most part though as long as you are opening your tokens and applying your covers you will continue to progress at a good pace under this new system.
    Well, you will get more XPs from covers you get from PvE.
    And PvP nodes drop 1*s and sometimes 2*s, so more XPs from them as well...
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    veny said:
    Well, you will get more XPs from covers you get from PvE.
    And PvP nodes drop 1*s and sometimes 2*s, so more XPs from them as well...
    True - like Brigby said.....should be about the same.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not sure how XP is related to farming, since it was stated that you only get XP for the first copy of a character.

That said, I'm also struggling with what to do now that I've got six 3* max champions (and more coming). I've sold off a dozen Patch covers now. It really makes events with these covers less enticing.  I'm no longer interested in placement since I don't normally place high enough for the 4* rewards. I'm not about to sell off a max champion character. While I could recruit a second copy, it takes ISO to get them to that champion level, and ISO is a scarce resource (even with VIP). I've still got 14 fully covered 4* characters sitting at level 140 because I don't have enough ISO to champion them (and several others that are almost fully covered). That's to say nothing of my mostly level 255, evolving 5* roster.   3* farming just isn't as easy a proposition as 2* farming. Maybe if you've got ISO to burn, it's less of an issue, but I just don't see that it's practical for the majority of players, despite the appeal of champion rewards.

About the only way I see this working for me is if they changed things so that a copy of a character could be promoted to champion level without ISO, provided you had a max champion version of that character. The corollary to that would be that their ISO sell value would be minimal.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    The biggest difference in this system versus the previous system is that XP will come in bursts more so than it did before. So while it may feel slower, it should be about the same, if not faster (depending on cover usability and frequency of top placement, etc).
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    If we are all getting the same XP as before, why change it?
  • NMR252
    NMR252 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Did you read the announcement? They explained why they made the change pretty clearly.