Sakaar Arena Run 2

13»

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    It probably was a “bug fix”, but the reality is that it means less rewards.  I’ll still fight seeds every now and then, but if I’m going to fight real teams, I’d rather do it in Sim where the win counts toward my Sim/Season goals.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, it's less rewards than last time, but if nothing else it's still four extra days of LR's.  I'll hit the seeds and get whatever placement I get.  Not as good as last time, but still easy rewards for minimal effort.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Raud said:
    Sakaar arena is good format exept situation when you have 8 or more whales.
    Pretty much. On the first run, I had a pretty calm group of 20 and I could get some token with ~250 points. This time, I have a Death Bracket. But as much as the frequent Heroics helped,  I can settle for getting the seed team ISO.

A super-competitive bracket combined with my "meh" token draws from the first run should let me play this with a little less obsession.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doing all seed teams and an extra fight was good enough to land me a "top 18" finish and 140 iso. What a joke.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, guys, for pity's sake, these are LRs. They run 24x /week and have forever. The optimal path to play them is the exact same, always has been, only now it's better because you're only racing 20 guys for placement, not 500. Even with the placement reward slashed, it's still a good deal.

I'm not having too much trouble placing top 2, and am usually coming in 1st.

Seed nodes gone within the first fifteen minutes, half the bracket is 5* players or 4-5* transitioners and you think people would be able to finish in the top 2? Whatever you're smoking I want some.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax said:
    Eh, it's less rewards than last time, but if nothing else it's still four extra days of LR's.  I'll hit the seeds and get whatever placement I get.  Not as good as last time, but still easy rewards for minimal effort.
    in normal LR, we have better chance of hitting top100, than hitting top2 in sakaar LR?
    well at least I was able to hit Top25 in regular LR, now I might not even be able to hit Top5 in sakaar LR (I did not even bother to try, when I saw many competing for high ranks, which they have champ 5* or high level champ 4*).

for me it is like I lost 2 weeks (or 48hrs + 48hrs) of Normal LR.
    also because my roster not that strong as others, my thanos can not take 3* thor in one death ability hit, in normal LR i can do the 8-10 seed in 5 minutes or less, in sakaar LR takes me more time to clear all the seeds.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Seed nodes gone within the first fifteen minutes, half the bracket is 5* players or 4-5* transitioners and you think people would be able to finish in the top 2? Whatever you're smoking I want some.
    You can have seeds and an easy bracket; just put a little thought into your timing, padawan. :)

When I don't get 1st, it's because a 3* or 4* player is in 1st, and I can't target them, have to hope others take them down. If they can do it, so can you.
    Very much this. I rarely start until at least halfway through the round, but I can always get at least three seed teams and frequently more. You just need to load the seed teams at the start of the round and then make sure the queues don't reset.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    shardwick said:
    Wow, guys, for pity's sake, these are LRs. They run 24x /week and have forever. The optimal path to play them is the exact same, always has been, only now it's better because you're only racing 20 guys for placement, not 500. Even with the placement reward slashed, it's still a good deal.

I'm not having too much trouble placing top 2, and am usually coming in 1st.

I may be in the minority, but so far, I've been getting better rewards than last time for roughly the same amount of work. Of course, I had the bad luck to get stuck in a super competitive bracket first time around with 12 5* rosters and at least 8-10 active players each round. a couple of whom were shielding every round and a number of whom seemed to be playing 24/7. I got an elite token in most of the rounds I played, but only 5 or 6 heroics. This time around, I've already gotten at least 10 heroics and I'm playing the same way I always do (seed teams plus one or two extra fights). I don't know if it will last, however, and suspect it won't 

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, whatever was changed has made it much more competitive this time around. The rewards are no longer worth the time investment. Three to six matches for two heroic tokens and 1,000 ISO? Worth it. Getting into an arms race with 20 other people, or even just a very aggressive top 5 just for a chance at two heroic tokens and 1,000 ISO, which will likely go to someone with more free time? Not worth it.
    Exactly this. Hard pass.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    Yeah, whatever was changed has made it much more competitive this time around. The rewards are no longer worth the time investment. Three to six matches for two heroic tokens and 1,000 ISO? Worth it. Getting into an arms race with 20 other people, or even just a very aggressive top 5 just for a chance at two heroic tokens and 1,000 ISO, which will likely go to someone with more free time? Not worth it.
    Exactly this. Hard pass.

Same here, hit at least 200 in each bout on the first day and never got above top18! Last time I never got lower than t5 with even less effort.

It's going to be just seed teams now when I have some spare time.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    It went from a fun event that I tried to do every two hours to a "shrug, whatever" event.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, not really complaining cause of the extra iso, but is a let down from the first run. Last run, I really paid attention to when new rounds would begin and made sure to get the seed teams and even would play some harder teams if I fell out of top 5. Now it is just seeds and placement is whatever.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I'm more in line with smkspy. The first Arena run was giving away the company store.

This one is less generous, but more in line with what we get from LRs, PvP, and SHIELD Training. I miss my easy Heroics, but I don't think they're being unfair by not going back.

I do wish someone official (like @Brigby) would have said something before the start of run #2.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    my hot take? very lame promotional event.  I've basically ignored it all week long. Very easy to ignore.

Failing at keeping Thor IP in front of my eyeballs and making me excited for the movie.  
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I may not even bother with this one
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I think the intention was to simulate the experience of an arena battle. It's exhausing and grueling, and only a few that are truly dedicated will have much to show for it.

I'm quite happy with all the iso I've gotten along with the occasional fertilizer for my 2* farm.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    PeeOne said:
    Sort of on and off topic... I’ve noticed the change around of the 20 grouping too.. last run out of my 20 I was the only live player so topped it with 1 win every time

As it stands now I’m sitting at 13th overall and that leads me to a question - that I know is covered somewhere on this forum but since the upgrade I can’t find anything..

so so the question does this current placement dictate the levels of my competitors??

im suddenly facing Championed 5* characters at levels 549, 535 and Thoress at 479

im I’m 4* transition land and I can not repel firepower of that magnitude 
    That roster sounds eerily familiar!!!