Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep114: Thor's smoldering gaze

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - it is prostrate cancer awareness month and podcast month, hopefully they get a shout out soon!
    - I also thought Sid & Marty Kroft were dead. I'm asking for a refund
    - The new Crashes are here! My champed Agent Venom smashed Luke Cage, looking forward to see who Coulson takes on
    - Glad you guys (except Craig) are enjoying Sakaar Arena. It's just the same old same old lightning round for me
    - Pie trigger waringin from 19:40 to 25:00
    - hashtag tree gossip
    - I've tried both the win based (get to 40 wins) and playing the way I usually do (get 1000+ points in 24 wins) and I'm sticking with the latter
    - A sticker of a pie, now I'm listening...
    - Gonna give boosted Cage and Thing a whirl this weeks, could be fun!
    - my vine is assorted two star Magnetos and Black Widows, just waiting for the right moment
    - Still don't have three star Gambit champed, very jealous, Ray
    - my reward of the week was two purple five star Daredevils in one day
  • Mustache1
    Mustache1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Hey puzzle warriors! Long time listener, first time commenter. Love the podcast. I feel compelled to defend the south about the horrible pies you have chosen to attribute to us, Ian. In Kentucky we have Derby Pie (I bet you're shocked). Look it up. I feel it's worthy of the pie segment. Surely better than vinegar pie anyway. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mustache1 said:
    Hey puzzle warriors! Long time listener, first time commenter. Love the podcast. I feel compelled to defend the south about the horrible pies you have chosen to attribute to us, Ian. In Kentucky we have Derby Pie (I bet you're shocked). Look it up. I feel it's worthy of the pie segment. Surely better than vinegar pie anyway. 
    The South has an inexplicable fascination with vinegar. Malt vinegar on fries. Gawdawful runny vinegar "barbecue sauces". Pickling everything. And then frying it.

Anyway....

For something more modern and from the South, let's hear about some icebox pies.

Or talk about Sonic's demented attempts to translate pies into forms that come in cups and are weighed in megacalories.

Or pick on another region LOL

I grew up in the Midwest, but live in the South now. I greatly enjoy living here, but you're spot on with the barbecue sauce. Vinegar based is an abomination. If it's not tomato based, it's nothing. 
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --Enough with the damn pies already.
    --Thank you for the PSA.
    --"I wanna be a producer..."
    --Oh, man. I love Sakaar Arena. The first round was better because I kept being grouped with people who didn't play so I always ranked highly. Round two is more difficult to place but I don't really care. All the ISO it's bringing in for me is greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to the Hulk version; I recently Champion'd Cho and my Banner isn't great but he's not a push-over, either.
    --By the way, I'm glad to hear that Craig's failure to use "Goddess of Thunder" is just forgetfulness, not maliciousness. I'd been resenting him a bit but feel better now.
    --The ONLY 6-star should be Stan Lee.
    --My vine is a purple 5-star Strange and two Spider-Woman covers. Strange is my only fully cover'd 5-star so I'm working on leveling him up to Champion. I'm not worried about making it. He'll be my first 5-star Champion. I might not make enough ISO to also Champion Spider-Woman before the first cover expires.

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
       JeffCascadian said:
    --Enough with the damn pies already.
    :p:p:p
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards

Salt and vinegar is the way to go on your chips (chips = fries), except on the east coast when its salt and sauce - chippy sauce: sweet, sweet ambrosia of the gods; I'm sure they would eat it in Valhalla.
    (it's got vinegar in it, as well as tomatoes and an assortment of other stuff - diluted brown sauce effectively)