How would you rate your satisfaction with the current state of the 5* transition process?

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

How would you rate your satisfaction with the current state of the 5* transition process? 152 votes

Extremely Dissatisfied
38%
SpoitKolencesinnerjflkillercoolCubRobthedarkphoenixZappaTaganovHoutroChrono_TataDartmaster01chris0001moss04MaskedManCaptainFreakyJoritChest RockwelljordanixJsh2014frachr 58 votes
Moderately Dissatisfied
19%
CoppsPorkBellyStarfuryfreakygeekfirethorneContinuedClockxKOBALTxabmorazdr tinykittyloveMagicmadsaladnorthnorthUNC_SamuraiVhailorxHendrosstanis3303BlackBoltRocksRichyyyCartzJarvind 30 votes
Slightly Dissatisfied
15%
mikeypcarrion_pigeonsGrumpySmurf1002swordfishdataZootSaxBlindman13jackstar0Doc Lrdvargas1Argon FlameSpudgutterMoosePrimePiro_plockPolarPopBearvaportrailGigioRRedLionevade420EvenkarStraycat 23 votes
Neutral
13%
Colognoisseurelvy75steakleatherDaredevil217Cdubb1975MchacalBigBZ32CalnexinJaedenkaalFelessaDyingLegendPants1000METT-T dependent[Deleted User]lakantaWilgerhunky_funkyDax317MrKotletdjperry1973 20 votes
Slightly Satisfied
6%
GigerHRjcarrey4NepenthebeyonderbubBloodsport84[Deleted User]bluewolfkrak0brollvinsensual 10 votes
Moderately Satisfied
6%
EddiemonLegallyUndeadQubortBlack DukeCharlieCrokerCoulson_LivestherightwayeSpidurman27RayElwoodDirtyDank 10 votes
Extremely Satisfied
0%
Avalancher 1 vote

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moderately Dissatisfied
    I know we've had some ups and downs lately, with new heroes for hire offerings and removal of some CP from PvP progression.  I just wanted to get a baseline read of how the community feels.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have three (!) fully covered 5*. I championed 5pidey. I plan to champion Thano5 someday, but I feel like where I'm at now is a decent compromise. I don't have the horses to go full transition, but I have a shiny to play with; the only significant difference in pvp has been that I seldom see 3* teams anymore, and multi-championed 5* rosters see me sooner.

But I can still accomplish my goals, so for now? Good enough. 
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Moderately Satisfied
    I moved into 5* land a couple months ago, and it's just different.  My path to growing further is frustrating - I have several quality characters at 9-10 covers, but no clear path to finishing them.

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Extremely Dissatisfied
    Was already a slow process. Now even slower 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neutral
    At the rate I receive and open tokens, I'm not sure I'm ever going to make this transition. I only have 86 5* covers total, split across 18 characters, and my highest covered are a 1/3/5 Dr Strange and a 2/2/5 BSSM. Never mind that I can't spare the ISO to level them, since I'm spending it all champing 4*s.

I'm not really that bothered by it, I'm still having a good time with 4* characters. 5* land seems like it would take a lot more investment (time and otherwise) than I'm really ready to commit, likely ever.
    This.  Loving the 4* tier and have plenty more to champ still!
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Extremely Dissatisfied
    At the rate I receive and open tokens, I'm not sure I'm ever going to make this transition. I only have 86 5* covers total, split across 18 characters, and my highest covered are a 1/3/5 Dr Strange and a 2/2/5 BSSM. Never mind that I can't spare the ISO to level them, since I'm spending it all champing 4*s.

I'm not really that bothered by it, I'm still having a good time with 4* characters. 5* land seems like it would take a lot more investment (time and otherwise) than I'm really ready to commit, likely ever.
    This.  Loving the 4* tier and have plenty more to champ still!
     I'm getting near the end of the 4* tier, with no great way to get to the 5* tier.  With the new 5* essential nodes (good idea) featuring the latest 5*'s 60% of the time (bad idea) I had to spend 50 LT's or else miss out on a ton of resources.  Working as intended, but...now I'm left with a bunch of unusable 5* characters I'll never complete unless something changes, and nothing to really shoot for.
    I cling to the hope that 25% 5* draw rate is coming for classics someday.  Not as a pointless threat, but just the reality:  if nothing changes I don't see myself still playing in a year.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Slightly Dissatisfied
    I'm getting close to the end of the 4* tier too. I have a couple 5*s at 11 covers, but they're all at 255. I just don't have the iso to move into 5* land
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Im not transitioning into 5* and have no intention too. The 5* tier holds no interest to me whatsoever.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    sh81 said:
    Im not transitioning into 5* and have no intention too. The 5* tier holds no interest to me whatsoever.
    This is how I feel as well. I plan to level 5* heroes only far enough to help me win 5* PvE nodes.
  • corytutor
    Extremely Dissatisfied
    Wow.....
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moderately Satisfied
    I have no interest in the tier beyond the required character. It lacks the variety and fun utility characters of the 3 and 4 star tiers.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moderately Dissatisfied
    There is no real transition. It's still all down to RNG.

Classic dilution is bad and getting worse. Unusable covers are not resolved after how many years? 

Let's not even talk about Gambit and Ock, and the new character buff. 
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Moderately Satisfied
    Well, I haven´t regret it to make my move to 5* land a week ago. With my four 5* champions (Daredevil, Spidey, Gambit, Silver Surfer) I´m  even more competitive in PVE & PVP than before.

And the best thing is that I don´t have to fight all those boring, ubiquitous Gamora, Grocket, Medusa teams in Shield Sim anymore!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Extremely Dissatisfied
    Endgame progression being rng-based has always been a horrible idea and any changes they have introduced have been minimal improvements without addressing this fundamental problem.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neutral
    Well, I haven´t regret it to make my move to 5* land a week ago. With my four 5* champions (Daredevil, Spidey, Gambit, Silver Surfer) I´m  even more competitive in PVE & PVP than before.

And the best thing is that I don´t have to fight all those boring, ubiquitous Gamora, Grocket, Medusa teams in Shield Sim anymore!
    Eh, the meta changes.  Endless Carolsusa becomes endless Grockmora, endless Panthos will become endless Gambolt.

World keeps on spinning.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was ready for 5*s when they came out and was able to champ OML pretty quickly. When the Shield Rank bonus ISO hit, I champed Surfer and fully went to 5* land. I started hoarding and champed Thanos, Panther and Hawkeye. Recently I champed IM46 and Peter Parker. So I've been a 5* player for a while. 

It's frustrating to try to cover the Classics I missed though. Black Suit Spidey and Phoenix have been 5/2/5 for over a year. Bolt has 10 covers and I haven't seen another one for months. It's way too hard to get covers for 5*s you missed.  I thought these special 5* stores would help, but without swaps, they're useless to me.
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Slightly Dissatisfied
    I haven’t started this transition yet (almost 50 4* champs) and how can I? Can I move forward on the strength of my fully-covered Surfer? Is there a way to rescue my 5/4/1 Thanos from cover purgatory? Are bonus heroes going to save me? 

The way forward involves months of hoarding CP/LTs. At which point, it’s not a transition; it’s a dive into new paradigms for PVE and PVP.

OR

I could pull Classics for the rest of the life of the game,..and hope for the best.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow I am amazed at how many people are saying they never want to transition to 5* land.  This just shows how hard it is to transition to 5* land compared to 3* and 4*.  Having everything based on RNG and needing close to 600K iso for 1 5* is brual, but at some point in time when you have all the 4* but maybe the latest 2-3 does the newest 4* make that big of difference?  The process is slow, and and PVP is tougher, but 5* can make PVE as breeze.  I have Peter Parker champed and this PVE at CL9 is a breeze with that buff.  I hope some of you change your mind
  • corytutor
    Extremely Dissatisfied
    My parker is 564 after boost. Soooo mean. 82k. Green. 36k red plus crits doing 30k or better. 7 red dropping whole teams.....so much fun. 

As for pulling classics forever, i just now left classic land, pulling nothing but classics since beginning of classics. And dont have em all. Not even close. But i got the ones i really wanted. I'll likely never have a dr strange or panther or hawkeye. But after 2years? Of pulling classics i have a phx, a surfer, bolt, rogers, bssm, thanos, and may be able to champ im46 widow and gg with bonus heroes. 

Now i just hoard and pull for latest. Its a slog