Halloween Creeps Into MPQ *Updated (10/30/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone,

Loki may enjoy the tricks, but this Halloween, we're bringing the treats to Marvel Puzzle Quest instead. Ghost Rider is riding in with his Versus tournament, and he's bringing the Vault of Horrors with him!

Vicious Cycle Versus Event

• Start: Tuesday, October 31st, 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT / November 1st, 12am UTC
  • End: Saturday, November 4th, 12am PDT / 3am EDT / 7am UTC
  • Links to the Ghost Rider Cover store 

Vault of Horrors

• Start: Saturday, October 28th, 4am PDT / 7am EDT / 11am UTC
  • End: Thursday, November 1st, 11pm PDT / November 2nd, 2am EDT / 7am UTC
  • Contains 41 items, including:
    • A single, random Nightcrawler cover
    • A single, random Ghost Rider cover
    • One of each Blade (Daywalker) cover
    • One of each The Hood cover
    • Three Heroic Tokens
    • Five Elite Tokens
    • Ten Iso-8 Prizes
      • One 5,000 Iso-8
      • Three 2,500 Iso-8
      • Six 1,000 Iso-8
    • Fifteen random 2-Star covers
  • All players will receive one token for this Vault when they log on while the Vault is running
Update: Hi Everyone. Since many players have been quick to empty the vault, we've decided to instead credit everyone that logs on with 100 Hero Points (equivalent of the daily deal Vault pull), in order to avoid accidentally giving players an unusable token.

These Hero Points will begin propagating out starting at 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm UTC 

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Decided to empty this. Liked what I had randomly been given. 
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    9 draws got me both 4*s so I'm happy
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    40 pulls was 3700 HP so i drained it too. All the 2* and 3* ended up getting me quite a bit of bonus CP and I ended up getting a Champ level for my Cloak and Dagger and my tenth cover for Miles Morales by getting 3* Falcon and Hood to level 227.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Is October and Thor going to be mostly PVP or are you going to balance this out a bit?
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I did not receive the free token. Id like to buy ouy the vault but dont want to spend an extra 100 if theres a free one to finish it off 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Four tenpacks is only 3800 HP, so you only save 50 HP on the 40 pack in comparison. It's probably smarter to buy one tenpack at a time until you get enough of the good stuff.
    Alas, my vaul has a blue Nightcrawler, which is not very attractive considering mine is 0/3/4. Had it been Purple I would have been buying...
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    That was too good of a deal to pass up. A cover of the newest 4* which I need, a champ level of another 4* and lots of random stuff for the basically price of a HFH? I'm in.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroes for Hire - 3600HP for 8 tokens (all elite), 10k iso, 3 CP, 1 4*

This vault - 3750 HP for 8 tokens (3 heroic,5 elite) 18.5k iso, 2 4*, 6 3*, 17 2s.

No brainer clear out.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Also wanted to jump in and say I haven’t received a free token yet...

I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth, I just want to show that it isn’t just Lucifer not getting a token. :)
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Also wanted to jump in and say I haven’t received a free token yet...

I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth, I just want to show that it isn’t just Lucifer not getting a token. :)
    Chiming in as well. No token for me.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also haven't received a free token yet.
    Be careful though, if you empty the vault before you get the free token you won't be able to redeem it.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    No free token yet for me either.  Definitely will empty the vault eventually.  A Red Nightcrawler that I need and a Green Ghost Rider to get me to 4/4/5.  Very good value.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    No token here.  Already played a lot today.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure most of you know this, but if you're going for a specific item or subset of items (like the 4* covers), you're much better off buying 10 at a time. You will likely get what you want before buying all 40 and even if you have to buy all 40, it only costs 50 HP more than buying them all at once. 

I bought 20 (2 x 10) and got both fours, three Blades, two Hooods, and the 5k ISO.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought out the vault and didn’t get a token too. So what happens now if the token drops? Will I be able to use it?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't get the free token, but I still have 1 slot open after I bought the 40 pack. Guess it's an elite token for me if we ever get the free vault token.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Throwing my lot in the didn't get a free token group
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would have been great if this vault was available when we had Nightcrawler's Shield Training running.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    No free token here, either