1:533

13»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I know this post was about the odds of the store, but I am really liking the 20 person brackets and lots of LR.  I have been getting top 2 a lot as well as scoring over 250 points.  So through 1 week I will get a ton of iso a bunch if heroic and standard tokens and probably end up top 50 and 6 5* vault tokens.  In boss would get 3 4* covers, some CP, and HP.  The boss events have more challenge and after 2-3 days scaling goes off the rails.  I am not sure what I like better, but this is a nice relaxing way to release a 5*.  The only thing I am missing is he CP.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
    I've been enjoying the tinykitty out of these rounds because I keep finishing top five and getting tons of iso and Heroic Tokens for nothing because nobody is trying and top 5 is a slam dunk.
    I'm exactly the same opinion as you. I'm certainly not hitting them all but finding by clearing the seed teams, I'm at least getting an elite token and I've already notched up at least 4 heroics. Great for little work. 
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    id like the 20 man system if one of two things happened.. one) brackets reset every round.. or two) we only fought the people in our bracket.. 

who cares if im facing the same arbitrary group of 20 people every time, and dont actually get to fight them...  and secondarily who the heck shields every single round of a 6 day lr event..   

• awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    D3 - don’t listen to any of the haters here. Make this permanent and run it every week. 
    This event is better for iso than anything else in a while. You are being generous with heroic tokens and it’s put a dent into my iso deficit. 
    I’m shield level 125 so no more bonus iso for me - this almost makes up for it! 
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    so far pretty great, clear seeds, get rank 1-5.  I've gotten #1 many times with no effort. xoxo
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The odds become way more reasonable if Sakaar Arena tokens were issued in the lrs instead of regular heroics
    I wonder if that's the plan when they move on to the second round where Hulk is featured?

They obviously don't want anyone to have 5* Thor right now, but once the initial batch of Sakaar Arena tokens go out, there wouldn't be any reason to keep so scarce.  For the most people they're going to give out lesser prizes than Heroic tokens anyway ...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    awarnica said:
    D3 - don’t listen to any of the haters here. Make this permanent and run it every week. 
    This event is better for iso than anything else in a while. You are being generous with heroic tokens and it’s put a dent into my iso deficit. 
    I’m shield level 125 so no more bonus iso for me - this almost makes up for it! 
    The complaint is about the token odds to get a 5star for such a long event.
    The actual LRs and getting 2 Heroics every 2 hours for just clearing seeds is great. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Daiches said:
    How do the odds to get a 5star feel for you? Worth playing 72 LRs over 6 days ON TOP OF normal events for? Sacrifice your personal life to get up to 10 shots at these sweet sweet drop rates. 

1:533. That's how much they care. 
    I laughed.

It reminds me of a crane game.  There's that cool shiny Thor toy, but not only does it suffer the usual odds of a payout grip, it's also got an abnormally large head, and it's stuck in the corner with a Banner toy covering it.

Remember it's 1:533 for one of three 5*.  On average, each 1000 person bracket will award 1.6 Thors, total.  With odds like that it's like the lotto - doesn't really matter whether you buy 1 ticket or 10.  If you play you have a chance, but most people will receive little to nothing of value.

As an Iso generating machine, it's been pretty good so far.  Taking T1-5 for some Iso and an elite or heroic has been easy.  80% of my current bracket doesn't even try.  It's 4 people vying for 5 relevant spots, each requiring about 5 minutes' worth of effort.  The only downside is that you have to be on time for the start.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017

1:533 Sounds good  B)

• huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    People have been asking for 24/7 LRs and 20-man brackets forever. We got that.  I'm getting tons of ISO and tokens every 2 hours for minimal work.  At the end of it, I'll get a handful of heroic tokens that, as an added bonus give me a tiny chance of getting a 5*.  Great!  I like this much better than a boss event that runs instead of (rather than alongside) normal events and cripples my ISO/HP/CP flow for half a week.

As for the token odds, I'm glad they're low.  If there was a major prize for playing 24 hours a day for 6 days straight, I'd be upset that it was out of reach and that the powers that be have zero respect for our time/quality of life.  I wouldn't play 12 LRs a day and buy healthpacks all day to get 600 points per round, but I'd be bitter at missing out to those who do.  As it is, I'm able to appreciate the individual rounds for what they are and not worry about the leaderboard, and I'll still be happy for the 6-7 tokens I'm going to get at the end for very little effort.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor

As for the token odds, I'm glad they're low.  If there was a major prize for playing 24 hours a day for 6 days straight, I'd be upset that it was out of reach and that the powers that be have zero respect for our time/quality of life.  I wouldn't play 12 LRs a day and buy healthpacks all day to get 600 points per round, but I'd be bitter at missing out to those who do.  As it is, I'm able to appreciate the individual rounds for what they are and not worry about the leaderboard, and I'll still be happy for the 6-7 tokens I'm going to get at the end for very little effort.
    I was about to post the same thing. If there were guaranteed 5* covers this would be a sleep-depriving bloodbath. As it is, I can play when I have time, grab iso and tokens and (somewhat) relax.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Houtro said:

1:533 Sounds good  B)

You're in Ace of Blades?  One of your alliance mates and I have been going at the Top 2 in our bracket for a good part of the event; his LVL 472 Thanos chews through the seed teams in no time!  Ironfistken usually hits the top spot, but I'm quite happy with multiple Heroic/Elite tokens each day.

I like this event a lot.  I've been playing around with other teams for 4-star Thor.  The Double-A Battery teammates of Vulture and IM40 are really fun to pair with her. :)
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    My bracket stinks. At least 12 playing every round for tokens.