1:533

Daiches
Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
How do the odds to get a 5star feel for you? Worth playing 72 LRs over 6 days ON TOP OF normal events for? Sacrifice your personal life to get up to 10 shots at these sweet sweet drop rates. 

1:533. That's how much they care. 

Comments

• RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    And at best you can get 10 tokens.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I won't be chasing that.
  • RemoDestroyer
    And everyone that plays gets at least one token. For some reason I feel the player that places first might not and probably won't get a whole lot more than the player that finishes last.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    While I agree that those odds are a big joke lets not lose perspective on the fact that we have 5 days of LR's for significant ISO gains.  Even if the odds were 1:7 like other parts of the game the main draw for most of those 1000 players per bracket is the ISO.

Mind you I'm assuming that we get this event in addition to the regular boss rush release of 5*'s.  If this acts as a replacement to that event then I I'll be back to complain.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I think they originally setup the tokens as per LR (maybe #1 placement) - in which case 1:533 is ... bad, but understandable.

For the entire event, it's insulting...  1:533 for a chance at a 5*, after 6 days effort... 1:1600 for the new character.

smh

I'm treating this as a normal LR, ISO farming only.

• RemoDestroyer
    wymtime said:
    Honestly the big reason to play is to hit the seed teams and get the iso.  If you just do that it will be a big boost to your iso supply and let you level som characters.  Overall the chance of pulling the 5* are low regardless and should not be the main focus of the LR farming iso is what I will be doing.
    That's the best way to look at it from a player's point of view. But this event is being sold as a chance to get the new Thor. At least the progression rewards/free tokens from boss events introducing previous 5*s gave us reasonable expectation that you had a chance at the new 5*.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    Honestly the big reason to play is to hit the seed teams and get the iso.  If you just do that it will be a big boost to your iso supply and let you level som characters.  Overall the chance of pulling the 5* are low regardless and should not be the main focus of the LR farming iso is what I will be doing.
    That's the best way to look at it from a player's point of view. But this event is being sold as a chance to get the new Thor. At least the progression rewards/free tokens from boss events introducing previous 5*s gave us reasonable expectation that you had a chance at the new 5*.

But... there is a "chance"... the same way there's a "chance" I'll win the lottery tomorrow, or a "chance" of being struck by lightning on a cloudless day...

I love this event as another ISO stream, but please stop selling it as a chance to win the new Thor, you're insulting our intelligence.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Thank Odin the chance is so low.  It’s a QOL move to help keep the “I’ll skip sleep for a week” crowd as small as possible.

And don’t forget...Banner is in there.  33% chance of that for your efforts.

This keeps making me laugh.  I imagine scratching off 3 matching symbols, turning in my winning lottery ticket, and behind handed a rotting fish.
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    God you guys complain about everything...  farm it like you farm lrs. Play or don’t play.  No one is making you do anything.  

I think this is cool that they brought back this event 20 person lrs/1k brackets for a full week AND guys it’s not during a holiday!!!  That’s even better.  

Theyre giving you you an opportunity to get a chance, mind you a chance you wouldn’t have originally had.  
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    That moment when the only person who pulls a 5* Thor is someone who played one match the entire LRs   :p
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk said:
    It's a tinykitty alternative to the boss event - that's why people are complaining.  If it was just 24/7 LRs for a week, I'm sure everyone would be fine w/ it.  During prior boss events, I had at least 1 or 2 LTs to get a reasonable shot at the new 5*.  This takes almost 2x as long (per run) and you get terrible odds.
    Sure, but think of how much more iso there is in this than a Boss event.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments constructive! If you are upset about the event, please explain why. If you are happy about the event, please explain why. Thank you!*
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    The event is fine. 2* as a reward is a joke and so is 1 in 533 when for 6 days and #1 finish you only have 10 chances anyway
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Very true.  For a boss event you would get 2 5* tokens.  At times like this I am reminder a great quote about expectations.

Expectations ”Refuse to accept anything but the very best and you are never going to last around here”

i am am going to be a motivational speaker when I grow up
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Idk (guys & gals), I think they’re trying to resemble the gladiator arena with mini battles and you know what, no matter your roster you can play (or not).  It’s a different spin on what they typically do and honestly I think it’s fun.  No cool down on #s, open arena (with some mmr misery), and tokens tokens tokens.  You play 1 match and you get a LT, guys one match!   You can get what 2 LTs for the entire boss battle and you have to work it! 

Lets be be happy and positive, this is fun and another way for more iso!  We love iso!