1:533

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Idk (guys & gals), I think they’re trying to resemble the gladiator arena with mini battles and you know what, no matter your roster you can play (or not).  It’s a different spin on what they typically do and honestly I think it’s fun.  No cool down on #s, open arena (with some mmr misery), and tokens tokens tokens.  You play 1 match and you get a LT, guys one match!   You can get what 2 LTs for the entire boss battle and you have to work it! 

Lets be be happy and positive, this is fun and another way for more iso!  We love iso!
    Happy???  Positive??? These terms are considered 4 letter words on the MPQ forum.? Be carful you don’t get flagged, flogged, or band for such comments
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk said:
    It's a tinykitty alternative to the boss event - that's why people are complaining.  If it was just 24/7 LRs for a week, I'm sure everyone would be fine w/ it.  During prior boss events, I had at least 1 or 2 LTs to get a reasonable shot at the new 5*.  This takes almost 2x as long (per run) and you get terrible odds.
    Sure, but think of how much more iso there is in this than a Boss event.
    Are you guys even sure there won't be a boss event next week for the proper release? Or maybe this event will be rerun with much better rewards?
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Idk (guys & gals), I think they’re trying to resemble the gladiator arena with mini battles and you know what, no matter your roster you can play (or not).  It’s a different spin on what they typically do and honestly I think it’s fun.  No cool down on #s, open arena (with some mmr misery), and tokens tokens tokens.  You play 1 match and you get a LT, guys one match!   You can get what 2 LTs for the entire boss battle and you have to work it! 

Lets be be happy and positive, this is fun and another way for more iso!  We love iso!
    Totally agree with this.  It's an optional event which if you are so inclined will let you farm iso  (and Heroic tokens) for an entire week.  And if you don't want to play then with such terrible odds for drawing the 5*s you're not really missing out on anything.

The only thing I'd correct you on is that you won't be getting a LT at the end, you'll be getting a glorified Heroic token.  But for one match why complain?
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

Not quite an lt. Lt is closer to 85% chance of 4* and 15% chance of 5* with no chance of 2* or 3*. Sakaar token is 80% chance of 3*, maybe 7% chance of 4*, 12% chance of 2* and considerably less than 1% chance of 5*. But sure there is a chance of getting a 5* for playing only one match.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    remember when you could earn 5* iron man and 5* cap during civil war event?  That was great.  Now we have 1:533, oh well, guess it's better then nothing.  I do need about 1 million ISO once thor goes into latest to cover a couple of 4s that will be champed and thor so i will play a little bit here and there.  
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    EDIT:  Posted in the wrong thread.  I agree that these feel like tokens we were meant to win from the LR, and that something happened to change it after the tokens had been designed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

Read those odds again. This is not an LT. It's more like a heroic token plus a 5* lottery. As in, someone will win one, but not someone that you actually know.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    20 player LRs have been very rarely run in this game's life (even anniversary didn't have it). Maybe their PvP play numbers were down since the win based system, and they wanted to infuse some excitement in the PvP fraternity. (Because  this looks kinda half baked, it should award arena tokens instead of heroics, and in toto placement at end? Also the whole event has an alliance placement tab...for uh..what?)...

Who am I kidding...1:1600...lol
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will hold judgement until we see more about the actual launch and the Friends From Work tokens. Assuming we get a "normal" 5* release (like a boss event that gives a new 5* token or two), then that means the stupid tiny odds of pulling Thor from Sakaar Arena is a bonus, above and beyond.

Sure the odds are horrible, and it'll be like playing the lottery, with only a few people winning, and at best winning a 5* cover, but I don't really have a problem with extra chances to win. We didn't have to get anything at all. A mess of extra LRs for some ISO and junk covers (read: more ISO) with a super tiny chance of getting a 4* or 5* after a week? Not something I'll lose sleep trying to earn, but it's more stuff than I could have earned last week, or a month ago, so I see no reason to complain. Not yet, at least.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    There have been 5* releases (Doc Ock) that just came with a standard PVE.  This release includes a 5* Store next week, and that’s it besides these lightning rounds.  At least as far as I can tell.

It’s different for sure.....
  • RemoDestroyer
    The first run of 20 player brackets featuring 4* Thor was glorious. Lots of chances at anniversary tokens which were way better than sakaar tokens.
  • RemoDestroyer
    If next week we have the usual boss pve with typical rewards for the Thor release and the lighning rounds are a bonus to that then these are a great addition. If that was stated before these lightning rounds started I don't think there would be much negativity. If the lightning rounds are in place of the usual boss pve for new releses then i can see where some players might be disappointed.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Personally I like the 20 person brackets.  Makes the game more enjoyable. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just like th extra iso especially I suddenly need to champ my vulture when i had no plans to before the hfh thing pooped up for me today.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Personally I like the 20 person brackets.  Makes the game more enjoyable. 
    Not when you are stuck in the same 20 man bracket for 6 days. Some people got screwed.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    IVe only done a few of these and I’m getting like 2nd and 3rd with only a few clears it. Seems like most people in the brackets aren’t doing them at all. These are strange...

i like the idea of them as lightning rounds but not as release events...
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    IVe only done a few of these and I’m getting like 2nd and 3rd with only a few clears it. Seems like most people in the brackets aren’t doing them at all. These are strange...

i like the idea of them as lightning rounds but not as release events...
    There's definitely something off with the way they're doing it this time.

I think it's because after the first round you join, you just start getting put into a 20 man bracket regardless of whether you do a fight for not. Hence the brackets are being filled with people who didn't even know they were competing. 

For example, I haven't touched the latest round, and I can see a ranking for the round, and it's slowly dropping with time.

Guess this is great for folks who get put in with a bunch of zero point sleepers. But it makes it so you can't snipe anymore.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I've been enjoying the **** out of these rounds because I keep finishing top five and getting tons of iso and Heroic Tokens for nothing because nobody is trying and top 5 is a slam dunk.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Im 5 for 5 so far. First each time.  Mostly 2* but did get a jean and rulk
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    I just like th extra iso especially I suddenly need to champ my vulture when i had no plans to before the hfh thing pooped up for me today.
    It sounds like something went very wrong, but in a kind-of impressive way.