Catering to heavy spenders

13»

Comments

• Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    corytutor said:
    Wonko33 said:
    why would they not cater to people who pay the bills?
    Why would you only cater to those people. For starters those people will pay regardless of what this game does.

following that they new to generate new income, as well as, the steady current. They have lost others who won’t buy VIP. $10 a month over 4 years I’ve played so far will add up.

its bad business to target one market of people. Putting all your eggs in one basket. Cater to everybody and you have more business and new business from word of mouth
    They do cater to everyone. You get to play the game for free. Thats catering to everyone. 
    Thats pretty short sighted. 

For one, beta has paid a good amount. 

Second, even if he hadnt, does that somehow invalidate his opinion?

As a 4 year player, free or not, his opinion should be considered
    Not really, not if he doesn't pump money into the game. Those people are the ones that keep it going, not the freeloaders. I purchase VIP each month, and thats it. I dont expect my opinion to be taken too seriously because I dont pump thousands of dollars into the game. 
    To give you perspective here... I have pumped that into the game. In my four years time it’s probably somewhere around 4+ thousand. I’m surely no whale, but I have spent more than a lot have
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    babinro said:
    This is a straight up pay to win game.  There's never been any delusions about that.
    PvP in spirit was always supposed to be a competitive mode of play.

So whales getting better rewards SHOULD be the norm.  That's the logical end point of these things.

Personal Note:  I hate that progression CP was taken away...I feel that it should have stuck around while also increasing the top 10 CP rewards.  This would have kept progression players like myself happy while also giving out meaningful rewards to competitive players.    Maybe we'll get there with CL9 pvp though.
    Why would a person who gets hp or iso and cp when they buy deserve more than that equal exchange?

my point is why is their dollar so much more special if they will see it no matter how they change things
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Im not a whale either and have nearly twice as much as beta in mine
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    Wonko33 said:
    Why would you only cater to those people. For starters those people will pay regardless of what this game does.

following that they new to generate new income, as well as, the steady current. They have lost others who won’t buy VIP. $10 a month over 4 years I’ve played so far will add up.

its bad business to target one market of people. Putting all your eggs in one basket. Cater to everybody and you have more business and new business from word of mouth
    They do cater to everyone. You get to play the game for free. Thats catering to everyone. 

Not really, not if he doesn't pump money into the game. Those people are the ones that keep it going, not the freeloaders. I purchase VIP each month, and thats it. I dont expect my opinion to be taken too seriously because I dont pump thousands of dollars into the game. 
    To give you perspective here... I have pumped that into the game. In my four years time it’s probably somewhere around 4+ thousand. I’m surely no whale, but I have spent more than a lot have
    In that case, yes you definitely do have an opinion that they should value. 
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    corytutor said:
    Wonko33 said:

In that case, yes you definitely do have an opinion that they should value. 
    Lol sadly. We all know they don’t value it. The whales are who they listen to the most. And even then it’s rare they actually listen
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
     Long, long ago, when Devil Dinosaurs ruled the earth. 
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    PLBIV said:
    This is seriously the least fun I’ve had doing anything voluntarily.  Boosted 5* new release is a total mess.  It’s unplayable.  10-20 people floating at 1000 that I have no chance to beat.  Those are the only people I can queue.  How can I stack up 40 wins in this scenario!?!?  The awards system was a joke (CP for top 10).  I’m not laughing any more.
    You can beat them.  I have, and my roster isnt any better than yours.  It takes some luck and some time, sure. But they're beatable, even at 550.