Fix X Force Wolverine

Options

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone with healing in a one on one fight without someone else with healing can win.  xf4 isn't super bad like say Winter solider..but he's still pretty bad 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Winter Soldier > XFW
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I don't know who Busthustler is, but I say go with that.  ;)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I don't know who Busthustler is, but I say go with that.  ;)
    And never look back :)

Maybe he meant Bulkhuster.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Winter Soldier > XFW
     :s 

No way
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    XFW still has a viable build but his powers need to be increased.

Black - bring back a partial AP drain, maybe not the insane level it was before but how about 1-4 AP depending on the cover level
    Green - significant damage increase needed as the board shake is way over valued since there are a ton of better board shake and damage abilities compared to his
    Yellow - Make it so he gains health back every time the tile counts down and fortify the tile initially at level 5 cover - so instead of all the health coming back when tile expires, you gradually get the health back every turn

• Dormammu
    Options
    Jaedenkaal said:
    Maybe he meant Bulkhuster.
    The first character I thought of for 'Busthustler' was Mockingbird.  :o
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just give his green strike tiles and make his yellow a passive heal. Boom! Done.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Healing for XFW needs to be by CD because of the attack feature should an enemy match it.
    it represents his self preservation instinct like how Rogue gets stab when waking him by accident.

so making it passive is not a good idea as it takes away what makes that Wolvie unique,

healing per round with the countdown, I'm ok with that.
    :)
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Vold said:
    Healing for XFW needs to be by CD because of the attack feature should an enemy match it.
    it represents his self preservation instinct like how Rogue gets stab when waking him by accident.

so making it passive is not a good idea as it takes away what makes that Wolvie unique.
    I disagree with you, but I like your explanation of it. Though, I sure hope my XFW isn't napping on me when we're in the middle of a match!
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd say bringing back the AP drain won't be too powerful at this point, especially now that they reduce his black's damage. Maybe instead of draining everything, just drain 1 AP per destroyed tile? (1 - 3 covers start with 1 AP for every 2 destroyed tiles or something)

As for green and yellow, I like Warbringa's idea here.
    Warbringa said:
    XFW still has a viable build but his powers need to be increased.

Black - bring back a partial AP drain, maybe not the insane level it was before but how about 1-4 AP depending on the cover level
    Green - significant damage increase needed as the board shake is way over valued since there are a ton of better board shake and damage abilities compared to his
    Yellow - Make it so he gains health back every time the tile counts down and fortify the tile initially at level 5 cover - so instead of all the health coming back when tile expires, you gradually get the health back every turn

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dayv said:
    I still like XFW.  He was my first maxed four star (you know, back when it was him, basically unusable Invisible Woman, and Nick Fury*), and Ive used him at nearly every version of his power set from his worthless originals to the current version.

* I have been playing this game way too long.
    You and me both! Fury was a complete boss at that time. And 3* Mags was the scariest character for me to fight. 

Also: XFW black after casting XFDP pink will always be a barrel of laughs. 

DAZ0273 said:
    Vold said:
    I just beat Cyclops classic with Wolverine X-Force on Deadpool daily though he was not champ yet.

had to boost him though, lol

two tries then manage to win.

this is my second final section of DDQ I manage to win due to my lack of Required characters 
    I lost twice to Cyclops before third time the charm and my XFW is champed, Lol! I had 2 bad boards but even so, that just shows how bad he can be!
    Just for an opposite perspective, I have a champed XFW and beat Cyclops first go, making a point of finishing on 100% health :)
    Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that is perfectly doable, my struggles were mostly down to bad luck, AI red cascades and no black tiles. Third time I trounced Cyclops.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    I found it amusing that the level 270 3* Cyclops had more health than my level 295 4* Wolverine
    IIRC, he's still a victim of the nerf of healers a while back, where they increased the health of all but a few characters.  They subsequently corrected it a bit by increasing the health of some Wolverine variants but left 4* as is.

That was a bit of a strange decision given he has the least reliable healing power out of all variants.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    I found it amusing that the level 270 3* Cyclops had more health than my level 295 4* Wolverine
    IIRC, he's still a victim of the nerf of healers a while back, where they increased the health of all but a few characters.  They subsequently corrected it a bit by increasing the health of some Wolverine variants but left 4* as is.

That was a bit of a strange decision given he has the least reliable healing power out of all variants.
    Nah, none of the Wolverines have had their health boosted since then. Unless you mean X-23, who was released with better health than Patch and X-Force. 2* Wolverine has better than average health, but... who cares?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Milk Jugz said:

Nah, none of the Wolverines have had their health boosted since then. Unless you mean X-23, who was released with better health than Patch and X-Force. 2* Wolverine has better than average health, but... who cares?
    Back when they did the health increase (April 2015), Wolverine and Daken had the same health.  Some time after that, they increased 2* and 3* Wolverine.  I can't remember when it was exactly though: maybe when they introduced Enemy of the State?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're going to be using XFW, the only special tile users you should be using with him are ones where you don't mind if they're destroyed by his abilities.  (XFDeadpool, obviously!)  If he doesn't team up well with Medusa because he destroys her special tiles, then don't use him with Medusa.  Given the sheer number of Medusa users I see in the PvP events, that might be hard for some people, but it is an option!  ;-)

I like the idea of the green being a targeted ability.  If you want to "fix" is, you could give it the 3/5 Star Lord caveat that it leaves friendly tiles alone?  Doing extra damage for special tiles destroyed is way to similar to Carnage's green.

The yellow healing tile being fortified is nice idea, but I like the "Create a countdown tile each turn that heals X health" idea better.  And keep it true healing, not burst healing!  (If you want to copy someone else's ability for this one, make it Wasp's, where if the enemy matches it, they take damage.)
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I think he could easily be fixed with just a few adjustments:

X-Force: Make it generate AP. Just compare to 3* Storm who pays 10 green AP, destroys 14 random tiles and gets AP for it.  Surely the improved efficiency (8 green AP for 15 destroyed tiles) would be justified, we're talking 3* vs. 4*

Surgical Strike: Fine as is

Recovery: Make the countdown tile fortified at higher levels. Also, instead of healing everything after it resolves, change the mechanic so it heals a smaller chunk every turn instead of all at once.

• Jaedenkaal
    Options
    jamesh said:
    jamesh said:
    Milk Jugz said:

Back when they did the health increase (April 2015), Wolverine and Daken had the same health.  Some time after that, they increased 2* and 3* Wolverine.  I can't remember when it was exactly though: maybe when they introduced Enemy of the State?
    EoTS predates the health change by quite a lot; also, Patch and 3* Daken still have the same health.
  • Druiz23
    Druiz23 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am all for a re-work of XForce.  He was nerfed way too strongly.  With all of the 4 stars out there now that not only do tons more damage than he does (for way cheaper AP costs) and have tons more health, it just isn't fair to have him so weak.  He needs a huge health increase (HUGE).  He also needs to do far more damage with green.  I also think the black should be bumped up slightly (like a 50% increase) to be on par with everyone else in the game.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Im fine with a buff. Champed him last week :)