Whelp, I have officially not renewed VIP

13»

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    larzilla said:
    Alsmir said:
    larzilla said:
    I too won't renew Vip.  Also several others in my alliance are on a spending hold until this is fixed.  I'm fine with the win system but 25=4* and 40=15cp make that happen and we will buy Starks and VIP again. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same.  Opinions and polls don't matter but money speaks volumes! 
    Nothing is broken in the first place. You just don't like the change, but the game doesn't resolve around you.
    Nothings broken lol ok.  40 wins first off equals twice the play for less rewards.  Now let's get to why the game is broken.  Cl levels don't promote comparative play.  By removing the Cp from progression you get top rosters joining lower Cl brackets for better placement preventing better placement from lower level players (I personally do Cl8 but removing this reward from progression is still counter productive.) Now they added boosted 5*s. Once you reach  certain points (or rank rather) that's all you face.  I can only hope I lose enough points to grind a few more wins. This goes back and forth which drags out the grind even longer.  This new system makes getting both progression and placement a chore.  When a game feels like work and no fun it starts to ruin it.  I don't care what you say this change is heavily unbalanced. Just because noobs want a 4* doesn't mean this is a good change. I could go on but there's no point.  Those that haven't reached a certain point in this game won't get it.  I may also add that those that don't play pvp to be competitive won't get it either, but hey if you enjoy twice the grind for less rewards have fun. It doesn't change what I said the realistic reward level is 25 wins=4* 40=15cp, and putting that cp back in progressing will go a long way with balancing out the cl brackets.
    40 for 15cp is still too much.  Let's shoot for 30. I'd be happier with 25 for 4*, 30 for 15cp.

4* at 40 wins, compared to previous 900 pt value, they are valuing each win at an average of 22.5 pts. Which is ridiculous. Even at 40 wins for 15 cp (prior value of 1200 pts) the average of 30 pts a battle is still ludicrous. No one is or should be hitting 30 point battles. At least at 30 wins for 15 cp, the average a battle would be 40 points, which is a little more in line with reality.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad said:
    larzilla said:
    Alsmir said:
    larzilla said:
    I too won't renew Vip.  Also several others in my alliance are on a spending hold until this is fixed.  I'm fine with the win system but 25=4* and 40=15cp make that happen and we will buy Starks and VIP again. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same.  Opinions and polls don't matter but money speaks volumes! 
    Nothing is broken in the first place. You just don't like the change, but the game doesn't resolve around you.
    Nothings broken lol ok.  40 wins first off equals twice the play for less rewards.  Now let's get to why the game is broken.  Cl levels don't promote comparative play.  By removing the Cp from progression you get top rosters joining lower Cl brackets for better placement preventing better placement from lower level players (I personally do Cl8 but removing this reward from progression is still counter productive.) Now they added boosted 5*s. Once you reach  certain points (or rank rather) that's all you face.  I can only hope I lose enough points to grind a few more wins. This goes back and forth which drags out the grind even longer.  This new system makes getting both progression and placement a chore.  When a game feels like work and no fun it starts to ruin it.  I don't care what you say this change is heavily unbalanced. Just because noobs want a 4* doesn't mean this is a good change. I could go on but there's no point.  Those that haven't reached a certain point in this game won't get it.  I may also add that those that don't play pvp to be competitive won't get it either, but hey if you enjoy twice the grind for less rewards have fun. It doesn't change what I said the realistic reward level is 25 wins=4* 40=15cp, and putting that cp back in progressing will go a long way with balancing out the cl brackets.
    40 for 15cp is still too much.  Let's shoot for 30. I'd be happier with 25 for 4*, 30 for 15cp.

4* at 40 wins, compared to previous 900 pt value, they are valuing each win at an average of 22.5 pts. Which is ridiculous. Even at 40 wins for 15 cp (prior value of 1200 pts) the average of 30 pts a battle is still ludicrous. No one is or should be hitting 30 point battles. At least at 30 wins for 15 cp, the average a battle would be 40 points, which is a little more in line with reality.
    My best guess is they went with the lowball 22.5 number to account for the fact that you could loose points in the previous system.  And, I can't help but feel they missed the point.  Players wanted a change because the old system was tedious, so the devs implemented a new system and tried to make it somehow equivalent to the old system.  And as a result, the new system is still also tedious.  Par for the course with D3/Demi :/
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad said:
    larzilla said:
    Alsmir said:
    larzilla said:

My best guess is they went with the lowball 22.5 number to account for the fact that you could loose points in the previous system.  And, I can't help but feel they missed the point.  Players wanted a change because the old system was tedious, so the devs implemented a new system and tried to make it somehow equivalent to the old system.  And as a result, the new system is still also tedious.  Par for the course with D3/Demi :/
    Apparently they went with average matches played among all players. I tend to believe that but still think 40 feels too high, especially as a goal you get to one at a time.
  • larzilla
    larzilla Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:l
    madsalad said:
    larzilla said:
    Alsmir said:
    larzilla said:

Apparently they went with average matches played among all players. I tend to believe that but still think 40 feels too high, especially as a goal you get to one at a time.
    I agree.  I do believe 40 is to high for the 15cp, but could accept it more than 40 for a 4* (as for some reason they are stuck on this 40 number). I feel like we are grinding pvp like pve now so maybe they should make it 30cp @40 wins lol
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a very good chance you'll see HP deals soon...   B)  
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    HP deals = backwater ways to boost CP loss; suggests the dev wants buy groups to be the way top guys go after CP, since the now dumpster fire-grade PvP model is wretchedly broken. The time spent does not match the rewards given.

I actually really enjoyed the Sakar Arena, because it had the "old-style" PvP progression model. And I'm looking forward to it coming back when Hulk's the "main".
  • madsalad
    ronin-san said:
    HP deals = backwater ways to boost CP loss; suggests the dev wants buy groups to be the way top guys go after CP, since the now dumpster fire-grade PvP model is wretchedly broken. The time spent does not match the rewards given.

I actually really enjoyed the Sakar Arena, because it had the "old-style" PvP progression model. And I'm looking forward to it coming back when Hulk's the "main".
    So eloquent. 

Still haven't given in to VIP and I have not joined a buy club. I actually disliked the arena because it was long, boring, tedious...  Wait until the last 20 minutes of the round and grind. Plus, no alliance awards. Plus, the end token rewards WERE A JOKE!
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I already stopped buying VIP, my new dilemma is whether or not to bother throwing 2 bucks a month at this game. It's literally chump change, but I feel like I'm endorsing D3's decisions by giving them money, and the last few months have seen terrible decision after terrible decision. 
    Google surveys will pay out at least 2 a month of you drive around often enough. Let google pay for your intercepts.
  • madsalad
    SkadenFrudee said: 
    I already stopped buying VIP, my new dilemma is whether or not to bother throwing 2 bucks a month at this game. It's literally chump change, but I feel like I'm endorsing D3's decisions by giving them money, and the last few months have seen terrible decision after terrible decision. 
    Google surveys will pay out at least 2 a month of you drive around often enough. Let google pay for your intercepts.
    I don't think it's about getting money to pay them as much as it's actually giving them money in the first place.