Whelp, I have officially not renewed VIP

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was a VIP at the start of the year, then I left the game for several months. When I got back I still had a few weeks of rewards left, but when the VIP expired I realized there wasn't much Point in renewing - my main motivation was to get rid of the ingame ads, and those are gone now anyway.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    I am renewing my VIP next week,
    however I really think the VIP rewards could use some love - maybe scale with SHIELD Rank or Scale 5% for each continuous streak?
    Of course more rewards would be awesome. First a few thousand people have to drop VIP so the devs feel a need to make it more appealing.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Just spend 2 dollars and you'll still receive all of the intercept goodies.
    Don't you get MORE then 5 times the rewards for VIP in comparison to buying the $2 offer?

Don't get me wrong - I don't think this is a great value overall, but in relation to their pricing of other stuff it seems at least fine.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine expired two days ago and I did not renew.  I paid the $2 for the intercepts.

• 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    morgh said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    Just spend 2 dollars and you'll still receive all of the intercept goodies.
    Don't you get MORE then 5 times the rewards for VIP in comparison to buying the $2 offer?

Don't get me wrong - I don't think this is a great value overall, but in relation to their pricing of other stuff it seems at least fine.
    I am not sure about that, I just know you get decent intercepts with just $2. I never heard anything about receiving 5 times more for VIP.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor

10_EFX_01 said:
    I am not sure about that, I just know you get decent intercepts with just $2. I never heard anything about receiving 5 times more for VIP.
    Ummm, noooo - I mean - for $2 you get 200 HP + intercepts, but for $10 you get a LT, like 500 HP (?) + some tokens/iso + intercepts - thus the total amount of rewards equals to more then simply five times what you would get by getting the $2 "deal" five times....

**** I explained it in such a way that I am not sure if I would understand it ;)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    morgh said:

10_EFX_01 said:
    Ummm, noooo - I mean - for $2 you get 200 HP + intercepts, but for $10 you get a LT, like 500 HP (?) + some tokens/iso + intercepts - thus the total amount of rewards equals to more then simply five times what you would get by getting the $2 "deal" five times....

tinykitty I explained it in such a way that I am not sure if I would understand it ;)
    You actually get 2 lts, and tokens, iso, hp, cp. Plus the intercepts, it really isn't that bad a deal. That being said I have about 10 before my decision time.... Leaning towards not continuing it after having it continuously since it started
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    And yet the game goes on.
  • 10_EFX_01
    morgh said:

10_EFX_01 said:

tinykitty I explained it in such a way that I am not sure if I would understand it ;)
    Dude I'm talking about Shield Intercepts that you receive while playing PVE, I'm not referring to the 28 day to day VIP Access rewards. 
    After a PVE match iron man gives a thank you and a reward for the D3 money support.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 said:
    morgh said:

10_EFX_01 said:

Dude I'm talking about Shield Intercepts that you receive while playing PVE, I'm not referring to the 28 day to day VIP Access rewards. 
    After a PVE match iron man gives a thank you and a reward for the D3 money support.
    $2 = Shield Intercepts
    $10 = 5x more Shield Intercepts?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    10_EFX_01 said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    morgh said:

10_EFX_01 said:

$2 = Shield Intercepts
    You get the same from intercepts regardless of spending $2, $10, or $100. What @morgh is saying if you spend the extra $8 for vip instead of just $2, vip comes with 2 lts, a bunch of iso and hp, some cp, and it activates intercepts. Plus it increases character heal rates. It really isn't that bad of a deal.
  • 10_EFX_01
    Milk Jugz said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    morgh said:

10_EFX_01 said:

$2 = Shield Intercepts
    You get the same from intercepts regardless of spending $2, $10, or $100. What @morgh is saying if you spend the extra $8 for vip instead of just $2, vip comes with 2 lts, a bunch of iso and hp, some cp, and it activates intercepts. Plus it increases character heal rates. It really isn't that bad of a deal.
    I see, only paying $10 a month on a mobile game is a bit weird in my books.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    It's not if you really enjoy the game. Some people pay way more on cigares or beer every month. Other pay on sporting bets, and so on. If you don't smoke and feel comfortable with spending this amount on a game, I don't see a problem in it. 

When I played Hattrick, a long long time ago, I used to pay something very similar to VIP here, for just some visual & searching enhancements. Yet I find this to be a better deal than that one. 

You lose money either way in life. You may consider that you 'invest' in your pleasure. At least that's what I do when I buy thing in games. Though I try to not cross the line and over spend. 

Not trying to convince you on anything, just an explanation of what I think about spending money on a game.
  • 10_EFX_01
    D4Ni13 said:
    It's not if you really enjoy the game. Some people pay way more on cigares or beer every month. Other pay on sporting bets, and so on. If you don't smoke and feel comfortable with spending this amount on a game, I don't see a problem in it. 

When I played Hattrick, a long long time ago, I used to pay something very similar to VIP here, for just some visual & searching enhancements. Yet I find this to be a better deal than that one. 

You lose money either way in life. You may consider that you 'invest' in your pleasure. At least that's what I do when I buy thing in games. Though I try to not cross the line and over spend. 

Not trying to convince you on anything, just an explanation of what I think about spending money on a game.
    That's cool man, I really enjoy this game. 2 bucks is cool enough for me and anyone who recently picked up the game. I am entering 4* land so there really is no need to pay that much for this game. Plus the game has so many bugs, I really don't believe this is a 10 dollar a month game. Lol
    Your justification has great facts, but there is a big butt for this game at the moment. Hence this thread.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    10_EFX_01 said:
    That's cool man, I really enjoy this game. 2 bucks is cool enough for me and anyone who recently picked up the game. I am entering 4* land so there really is no need to pay that much for this game. Plus the game has so many bugs, I really don't believe this is a 10 dollar a month game. Lol
    Your justification has great facts, but there is a big butt for this game at the moment. Hence this thread.
    I understand. Was just saying that even if you would have given more to it, there was no reason to be ashamed or feel wierd about it. That's all. 

And trust me, this game is very light on bugs. I played games that had patches every month, and every patch was full of bugs. Eventually it was a reason to quit. MPQ is nowhere near that level. I, personally, don't encounter any bugs during my play (and I play daily), except maybe Daken's blue, which I come to think it is intended and not a bug, and really don't mind anymore. 

Do you encounter bugs that prevent you from playing ? Or prevent you from taking your rewards ? That's the level I'm talking about, and that is when you call out a game with bugs. 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    larzilla said:
    I too won't renew Vip.  Also several others in my alliance are on a spending hold until this is fixed.  I'm fine with the win system but 25=4* and 40=15cp make that happen and we will buy Starks and VIP again. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same.  Opinions and polls don't matter but money speaks volumes! 
    Nothing is broken in the first place. You just don't like the change, but the game doesn't resolve around you.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I'll keep VIPing, only because I'm more interested in what I get for $10 then sticking it to the devs for the awful PVP changes. I basically look at it as buying a couple LTs for 5 bucks each, plus a lot of extra bonus stuff. Good for everyone that votes with the wallets, though.

On a completely unrelated note, I see this game lasting for almost exactly one more year. Of course, I base this off of nothing, it's just a gut feeling I have.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I'll keep VIPing, only because I'm more interested in what I get for $10 then sticking it to the devs for the awful PVP changes. I basically look at it as buying a couple LTs for 5 bucks each, plus a lot of extra bonus stuff. Good for everyone that votes with the wallets, though.

On a completely unrelated note, I see this game lasting for almost exactly one more year. Of course, I base this off of nothing, it's just a gut feeling I have.
    I'm starting to have FOMO from this game, but in the opposite direction. Rather than worrying about what I'm missing out on in the game because I've let my VIP lapse, all the changes - exponentially more time being spent for less rewards gotten - I'm having FOMO about real life. The changes are essentially driving me away from the game. If that's what D3 was shooting for, they're on the right track.

Also, no single 5* should be boosted for 4 weeks straight. That's just straight up stupid to the health of PVP environment.