Whelp, I have officially not renewed VIP

madsalad
madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
For the first time since VIP was rolled out, I have decided to not renew. I figure it is time to speak with my wallet.

D3 - I am displeased with recent changes to PVP and your continued disregard for your customer's feedback.

I have also changed my review on Google Play to 1*. My first time changing my review since my 4* review years ago.

I have yet to submit the player survey but I bet you can guess where that is going.

I know mine is only 1 $10 donation a month, but I'm sure they will add up across the playerbase.

That is all.

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Likewise.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    When this VIP expires, I'm apt to let it go, too.

PvP has taken a turn for the worse, and it felt like feedback we gave from the first two tests of the wins-PvP sessions fell on deaf ears.

Aesthetocyst's post had some valid points, on how we could tune progression back.

But 40 wins for what used to take 25 is a devaluation of 4* covers and a dramatic increase in the value of CP - the Mean Time To Reward was skewed and nothing was moved in its place to raise that additional climb.

Also, if we can get progression points for CP in PvE, why can't that be viable in PvP?
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Did this really need its own thread?
    Maybe, maybe not.  I think it may lead to discussion on VIP post pvp change.  Whether or not they see it and make a correlation remains to be seen
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    Did we really need that comment?
    My comment wasn't about whether or not the PVP changes are good or I agree with them.

My comment was more about how the original post could have went in any number of the "this change is bad", "will you keep spending", etc. threads that are littering GD.  People cancel and renew their VIP all the time for a lot of reasons (see: the post above mine talking about renewing VIP for Nightcrawler), but not every person makes a new thread about it. 
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    My post was specifically to call out that my steady stream of income to the developers has officially dried up and it has a direct correlation to recent changes in the game. If they don't like my separate thread they can feel free to merge it with whatever thread they like or banish it to the "off topic" section of the forum.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    corytutor said:
    Did we really need that comment?
    My comment wasn't about whether or not the PVP changes are good or I agree with them.

My comment was more about how the original post could have went in any number of the "this change is bad", "will you keep spending", etc. threads that are littering GD.  People cancel and renew their VIP all the time for a lot of reasons (see: the post above mine talking about renewing VIP for Nightcrawler), but not every person makes a new thread about it. 
    Thank goodness we have you on this wall.  I guess the OP could have searched 8 pages deep to find a semi-related thread and posted there.  Or the OP could have posted a short, succinct message in a new thread so as to avoid a tangential cluster-fest and having the point lost among 100s of messages of disjointed drivel.  
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    madsalad said:
    For the first time since VIP was rolled out, I have decided to not renew. I figure it is time to speak with my wallet.

D3 - I am displeased with recent changes to PVP and your continued disregard for your customer's feedback.

I have also changed my review on Google Play to 1*. My first time changing my review since my 4* review years ago.

I have yet to submit the player survey but I bet you can guess where that is going.

I know mine is only 1 $10 donation a month, but I'm sure they will add up across the playerbase.

That is all.
    Ditto.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Did this really need its own thread?
    Found another MPQ employee. 2 today, I'm almost out of tags for the season ;)
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    It's okay.  They will find a way to double the cost of VIP and all will be K
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Well, this escalated quickly...
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I quit VIP way back not because of PVP or changes made to the game but t g at its vastly overpriced fot the value. Most mmorpgs were only 14 for 30 days,and you got an entire game. 9.99 fir 27 days with several of those days 500 iso I'd highway robbery. I hope more people ditch VIP do they are forced to improve it dramaticly. So voice your hate via VIP!!
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I won't be renewing either.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I have 11 days on my VIP to make my decision, for the first time since VIP was started, I'm seriously considering ending my spending on this game. My $10.00 is a drop in the bucket to what they make off whales and buy groups, but it'll make me feel better.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    I quit VIP way back not because of PVP or changes made to the game but t g at its vastly overpriced fot the value. Most mmorpgs were only 14 for 30 days,and you got an entire game. 9.99 fir 27 days with several of those days 500 iso I'd highway robbery. I hope more people ditch VIP do they are forced to improve it dramaticly. So voice your hate via VIP!!
    Yeah because intercepts do not add significantly to VIP value at all!!
    </sarcasm>
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Just spend 2 dollars and you'll still receive all of the intercept goodies.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    never been a vip.
    but I rated the game for the first time after playing ~900 days...