Thor: Ragnarok characters

Options

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd be ok with a 4* World War Hulk as long as he has the health, match damage, and powers of a 5*. Seems to me like the best scenario though would be
    5* Thor
    5* WW Hulk
    4* Loki

Civil War style boss battle with Hela and Grandmaster, except you're playing against them both, not for a side.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If we dont get a 5* hulk thats actually good I'll be pretty disappointed. D3 has yet to get banner right  at any tier.  
  • Kungfu jopa7
    Kungfu jopa7 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You have a 2* 3* and 4* Thor, it's time for a 5* one, plus I would love to see Valkyrie in it, we already have so many hulks and hulk versions I'm getting real tired of setting the same thing over and over again, it's getting way out of hand, so it would be nice to see more less known characters then repeats.

• Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Seems like a prime opportunity to revamp Banner into Gladiator Hulk with new art and abilities.
  • Kungfu jopa7
    Kungfu jopa7 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Apparently there is supposed to be a new hulk too, don't know the level, probably 4*/5*, I would much rather like to see Valkyrie in it.. korg would be cool too... Watched the new trailer, and I wonder why Dr strange doesn't become apart of the team..
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arks said:
    Seems like a prime opportunity to revamp Banner into Gladiator Hulk with new art and abilities.

Why revamp an old character when they can just release a new version that we have to chase down instead?

Apparently there is supposed to be a new hulk too, don't know the level, probably 4*/5*, I would much rather like to see Valkyrie in it.. korg would be cool too... Watched the new trailer, and I wonder why Dr strange doesn't become apart of the team..
    They probably couldn't afford to have Benedict Cumberbatch in a major role, so he got relegated to minor player.

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dr strange is defending earth. The movie is set in space and the only time dr strange showed up was when Thor and Loki came to earth. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I had to guess we'll get a  4 Green scar hulk,  4 Valkyrie, 4 loki and 5 thor.

I'm pretty sure marvel wants to push 
    Valkyrie so I'd say she's a good bet.

Granted grandmaster would be cool as a character but an event centered around him would be much cooler.
    Same with Hela, she would be cool as a character but she is also more of a main villain or character event type  as well.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It's rare for villains to get two versions (I think Bullseye is the only one?) but if anyone deserves another it's Loki (and Doom, but he's not involved). 
    So other than Magneto, Thanos, Daken, Doc Ock, & Venom... Bullseye is the only one, right?

:D 

Sometimes muh brain dun work dat good.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So anyone know who the new red shield icon belongs to yet?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So anyone know who the new red shield icon belongs to yet?
    Thor.
  • SpecSpecter
    Options
    I mean I know it was the background for the PvP thing, but why would they give the 5* Thor a different symbol, even with the loss of Mjolnir.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean I know it was the background for the PvP thing, but why would they give the 5* Thor a different symbol, even with the loss of Mjolnir.
    Because... the other symbol is Mjolnir.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So does this mean we can have two Thors in a team?

one with hammer and another with swords?
  • SpecSpecter
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You do realize that the symbol itself is just a representative construct and not the actual Mjolnir, right? In any case it doesn't make sense to me to change the in-game symbol of a major character just for a single instance. I mean Spider-man's symbol is the Spidey symbol on his red suit, this is so both for the regular Spider-men as well as the Black Suit Spider-man where such a symbol wouldn't apply.

The only way I see it maybe being justified to give him a different symbol is if this new Gladiator Thor is entered into the game as a 'different' character such as Thor the person rather then Thor the superhero, but even then that would likely lead into weirdness such as having two Thors on the same team. It just seems the most logical to just keep them all under the same symbol regardless of the actual presence of the Mjolnir hammer.

Not to mention, even aside from all of that. You make a 5* Thor and you want to have something to represent him other then his hammer and you go with a generic looking shield? Seriously? I can't imagine anyone looking at that symbol and thinking "Oh yes, that says 'Thor' to me". Wouldn't, I don't know, his iconic helmet (which he wears for the first time in the MCU) be more logical?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vold said:
    So does this mean we can have two Thors in a team?

one with hammer and another with swords?
    Both characters are called "Thor", so can't be used together.  Another example of characters with different symbols that are considered "the same", consider 5* hulk who uses a tie as his tile symbol rather than the "H" of his 3* variant.  But they're both called "Hulk", so can't be used together.
  • SpecSpecter
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So now haven seen the movie there are a few things I want to say.

First off, that they went with 'Gladiator Thor' for the 5*? Kind of disappointed in that! In the movie the gladiator bit was such a small part of the movie as a whole. Now a gladiator Hulk would make perfect sense as that was a pretty big part of his character here, but Thor himself had what, just the one fight? Unfortunately I suppose the version of Thor from the movie that REALLY deserves the 5* treatment would probably be considered getting into spoiler territory, but still.

Also is it wrong that I really want Korg to be added to the game? Almost more the Loki or Valkyrie even he was just that enjoyable! Don't get me wrong I have zero expectations for it happening but he really was one of the best characters in the movie.

Talking about Valkyrie, I really REALLY hope they don't make her character all about flying spaceships and that the tap more into her lore/background rather then focus on the state she was in at the time of the movie. I would go as far as to say I would 100% prefer a comic version of Valkyrie over a MCU version, not that she was at all a bad character but Valkyrie was/is so much ch more then a drunk hiding from her past selling scrap to make a living and I would hate to see that version be how she's represented in the game...
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After seeing the movie, I vote Valkyrie. Hulk also, but mostly because his iterations in this game have been disappointing.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I saw it aswell Valkyrie was a bad **** want her in game hulk was cool hela is a must have the sword bug guy wish they would put him in just for fun 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect we won't see any more Thor tie-ins after Hulk until home media release of the film.  They're probably going to move on to doing Justice League tie-ins now.