Thor: Ragnarok characters

Options
SpecSpecter
SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
edited October 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
I know we just has something of an early Christmas with some much desired X-Men characters, but hear me out.

So I've been really looking forward to the upcoming Thor movie and goodness do reviews look good. Now I'm not nearly as savvy on picking up on the pattern of releases for MPQ as most people on this site probably are but I imagine thinking that we will be getting some big new characters for a major new MCU film is a pretty solid given.

Curious though, what characters are people actually hoping for?

Personally if we get nothing else I really think we are far from overdue for a 4* MCU style Loki. Honestly just a new Loki period I think. Also in thinking up what I was going to say when I wrote up this post I realized as far as the major Avengers go Thor really has gotten surprisingly little MPQ treatment. Seriously, the poor guy only has two versions in the game, and a 3* and a 2* at that? Identical ones even, long before that was a trend. For shame. Would it be prudent to expect maybe a 5* of Odinson in the works?

Then there are more iffier options. Hullk certainly comes to mind as a definite key figure of the film but I more honestly was unsure just what they would do with him. He already has a 5* but at the same time making a 'World War Hulk' style Hulk and making it a mere 4* just seems... off. Also there are the more secondary characters to consiter, the likes of Hela, Valkyrie (MCU version or comic version, I would gladly take ether), or (dare I dream) Goldblum style Grandmaster.

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want King Thor, from the aaron run. But yeah, we're probably just going to get a 5* movie thor. And in terms of 4*s, I'd probably rate the odds as Hulk (we still don't have a 4* banner)> Valkyrie >loki.

I'd place reasonably good odds on a new boss event as well, or maybe a kacelius style regular pve+boss event, with the grandmaster
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor is an obvious pick. I see Hulk making it in as well since as mentioned, we still don't have a 4* Banner (or Peter Parker for that matter).

I'd like Hela as well. More villains is cool.
  • Naked_Samurai
    Naked_Samurai Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe switch things up and have a female Loki... dood?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we got a 4-star Hulk. If that happens he better not suck, because poor Hulk already has two unplayable versions. A rebalance of his 3-star or 5-star versions would be nice for next season too.

Some form of Thor is almost 100% guaranteed. Could be either a 4-star or a 5-star as there's room in both tiers.

It's rare for villains to get two versions (I think Bullseye is the only one?) but if anyone deserves another it's Loki (and Doom, but he's not involved). Hela is a longshot, though a boss event with her could be in the cards.

Hmm... a longshot... Longshot dated... 5* Dazzler confirmed!
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I expect a 5 star Thor and a 4 Loki.  I find it very difficult to believe we have the weakest avengers as 5's (Black Widow and Arrow guy) and now Thor.  I would love to see a rework of the 5/3 Hulks as well but those changes seem to be less frequent than new characters.  
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There's a new symbol on the "between pages" loading screen - it flips between Thor, Loki, and a couple of others.  But one is new - my guess is that it belongs to Executioner, though I wouldn't stake my life on it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I expect a 5 star Thor and a 4 Loki.  I find it very difficult to believe we have the weakest avengers as 5's (Black Widow and Arrow guy) and now Thor.  I would love to see a rework of the 5/3 Hulks as well but those changes seem to be less frequent than new characters.  
    This is pretty much exactly y thoughts.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The banner at the top of the page now shows Thor, Hulk and Loki, so yeah.
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And one other reddish icon that I don't recognise, so there's definitely one new character being introduced other than 3 variants.
  • SpecSpecter
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Spoit said:
    I want King Thor, from the aaron run. But yeah, we're probably just going to get a 5* movie thor. And in terms of 4*s, I'd probably rate the odds as Hulk (we still don't have a 4* banner)> Valkyrie >loki.
    You would put Valkyrie over Loki? This is Valkyrie's first appearance where it's Loki's, what, forth? Even Yondu took being in two movies before getting into the game.

In any case, I too see the new icons, so I guess that at least in part answers my question. I just didn't think it would be so soon.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Spoit said:
    You would put Valkyrie over Loki? This is Valkyrie's first appearance where it's Loki's, what, forth? Even Yondu took being in two movies before getting into the game.

In any case, I too see the new icons, so I guess that at least in part answers my question. I just didn't think it would be so soon.
    The trailers for the movie are pushing her reallly hard.

But yeah, the new icon pretty clearly indicates who the new characters are going to be (hulk and thor).
  • SpecSpecter
    Options
    It should be worth pointing out though that lately they like putting out new 3*s with new 5*s and since Thor already has a 3* it opens things up for putting in someone else.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It should be worth pointing out though that lately they like putting out new 3*s with new 5*s and since Thor already has a 3* it opens things up for putting in someone else.
    It could go either way, looking at the recent releases:
    • Gambit: yes
    • Daredevil: yes (Elektra)
    • Spider-Man: no
    • Doctor Octopus: no
    • Star Lord: yes
    • Hawkeye: yes
    • Black Panther: no
    • Thanos: yes
    Prior to the Daredevil release, I'd have thought the answer would be "no" because there is already a 3* Thor.  But now I guess the question is "is there a related character in the 4* tier without a 3* variant?".  They still don't seem to want to put time into designing a fully independent 3* character for these dual releases.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    About the new game icon/banner at top: Loki looks like the 3* version we have, but maybe it's just a placeholder. They did the same thing during the GotG2 tie in, the first icon showed Starlord without his mask, then a patch later it got switched to the masked version we see in the vs portraits.

Another thing is 3*Loki appearing in the startup screen of the game. It was the same with Gamora, at first her 3*version was used during startup, then it got switched to the new 4*Gamora when her release event came closer. I'm pretty sure we'll get a 4* Hiddleston Loki sooner than later.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we got a 4-star Hulk. If that happens he better not suck, because poor Hulk already has two unplayable versions. A rebalance of his 3-star or 5-star versions would be nice for next season too.

Some form of Thor is almost 100% guaranteed. Could be either a 4-star or a 5-star as there's room in both tiers.

It's rare for villains to get two versions (I think Bullseye is the only one?) but if anyone deserves another it's Loki (and Doom, but he's not involved). Hela is a longshot, though a boss event with her could be in the cards.

Mags has 2 but i guess marvel now mags isnt a full villain, daken has 2 and venom
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Mags has 2 but i guess marvel now mags isnt a full villain, daken has 2 and venom
    Thanos says hi by waving his Infinity Gauntlet.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Thor level 5 would be awesome. and would be great if we could combine him with battle hulk. like luke cage and iron fist. they have some synergy together.
  • SpecSpecter
    edited October 2017
    Options

Dormammu said:

This is one of the things that makes me so surprised Loki has never come up again in game before. Even if they are biased towards villains I think in practically half his appearances in the MCU while he still might not be what you would call a good guy he was at least fighting on the same side as them.

(Also Doc Oct has two as well)
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    As I said in the other post in general discussion could it be a new Rags?  I really want a new Rags! Heck I want some more Villians period!!!!