Options

Comments

• Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Doomstat said:
    An additional event would be nice. I'm done with training grounds, 5 points away from being done with RotPG and besides the free card will have no reason to open the game again for more than load time and opening the booster.

I'm grateful for not needing to grind, but having only one day off and hardly any events on that day off means D3 has no reason to see me. Maybe I'll try MPQ again. I was at 2 years in when I deleted that account.
    How are you 5 points away from being done with RotGP?  It goes until the boss dies. 
    Because I'm the only "active player" in my coalition. I play until max reward, then I'm done. I'm in BFMonkeys,  4 total players are in the event, and they have 610 (me), 80, 70 and 0.

We were a top 100 coalition, then the error messages/jewels/repetition/life pulled most out of the game. No real reason to go past max reward.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about a format that runs every second day or so, and where in brackets of 3000 we just do PVP until the end of the event, no extra objectives, just pure clash head-on. We could name it... Quick Battle?
    And it would have actual leaderboard rewards? Like a Mythic or rare for people near the top?
    If so, then only legacy Mythics and rares. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We really are an impossible bunch to please. "8 hour charges are junk. Hard boss is hard!" "I hate 4 hour charges! Ain't nobody got time fuddat!" "6 hour charges are garbage! I'm bored!" New devs means hiccups. They're still learning. No matter what happens with charges, somebody is going to screech. Let's give them a little time. Oktagon is already showing that they listen to us some. Let's not turn them into another hibernum by being impossible to please. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    @Phillmoore if there was a downvote or bury button I'd hit it. Forget you and your 4 hour refreshes.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby

I'm no expert, but I think you cast the vote for all out war? Lol

THIS IS SPARTA!!! 

LOL
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sorry @Phillmoore, I have to disagree. 6 hours recharges are GREAT! I actually see people in my coalition participating more than before and increasing the internal competition. I can actually do other stuff again without having to worry about the meaningless grind.

On the other hand I agree with you that another non coalition event should be added during the weekend instead of the overflow of events we can choose from during work days. That really makes no sense to me.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    First off, to address the OP. Sorry, I don't agree. I LOVE the 6 hour timers. My quality of life has increased significantly. Thank you so very much Oktagon and D3Go!

Now, in order to help the OP out, I believe having another event running, preferably non-coalition would be great!

I agree that new content would be nice, i.e. such as an event limited to only commons. Perhaps one limited to uncommons etc, etc. It would even be cool to have an event, where maybe actual players submit a reasonable idea for a made up planeswalker and perhaps there is an event where that planeswalker is available in a node of an event. This may be a little difficult to implement but it would definitely allow the community to get involved.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah now we have 3 events running on a Monday... Terrors should be moved to the Weekend rotation again, for everyone sick of Return of the God Pharaoh. 
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What ever happened to that Planeswalker Arena event? Each weekend there would be an event centered around a certain PW, but that disappeared a few months ago. 

That would be nice additional content for the weekend.

There are several events that we never see anymore, yet we keep getting the same old janky FiRF, etc...
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My vote too would be the PW arena 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What ever happened to that Planeswalker Arena event? Each weekend there would be an event centered around a certain PW, but that disappeared a few months ago. 

There are several events that we never see anymore, yet we keep getting the same old janky FiRF, etc...
    Old NOP — let us fight it out with the best we have. No deck restrictions, Enraged. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:

Old NOP — let us fight it out with the best we have. No deck restrictions, Enraged. 
    Bleh.  Can we please not make NoP into yet another enraged thing.  I'm deathly tired of enraged events and OHKO potentials.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think people didn't like it because not everyone has those walkers.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:

I think people didn't like it because not everyone has those walkers.

Maybe you could make it so you can put another walker of those colours on, but they get half-damage or half-mana or something as a penalty.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Completely off topic now, but wouldn't it be cool to have handicap mode? Like golf. 

Claim you're a top player? What's your handicap? Only 20%? Pfft noob.
  • Gunmix25
    edited October 2017
    Options
    bken1234 said:

Curious thought though.... if we did,  how many builds that dominated QB you think would return? Guess my point is would we be back in here complaining about constant Piggy, Emmurakhul, Olivia builds or part of the waterveil's almost endless loops? Like many do About Koth in TG? Honest question here, not trying to be a party tinykitty (dunno if p__per is a bad word in D3's eyes...sheesh)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    bken1234 said:

Curious thought though.... if we did,  how many builds that dominated QB you think would return? Guess my point is would we be back in here complaining about constant Piggy, Emmurakhul, Olivia builds or part of the waterveil's almost endless loops? Like many do About Koth in TG? Honest question here, not trying to be a party tinykitty (dunno if p__per is a bad word in D3's eyes...sheesh)
    That’s what I want!!! I miss playing those decks. TG is a joke. 
  • Gunmix25
    edited October 2017
    Options
    shteev said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    bken1234 said:

The way out of complaints about those types of decks is twofold:

1) Stop making casual/beginner players play against opponents who are way above their pay grade, and
    2) Stop printing broken cards, and fix old broken cards.
    1. If memory serves me right, didn't players who were high level complain about being constantly paired against mersicide and one other dude? From what I gathered about these two was they almost never lost, even in the hands of the AI. That said, would what you are referring to be another problem for vet players who have unrestricted format? And would that not only reintroduce the issue of deck stagnation?
       When Standard came about I fully recall people threatening to quit or actually did quit over the simple issue of not wanting to dismantle their finely honed killer build that they have been playing for months on end. To each their own of course, but I do remember that D3 was trying to address this stagnation brought upon by power creep.  

2. No idea what Oktagon will do to prevent this as it was brutally apparent that Hibernium failed to test thoroughly. 

About fixing older cards. I myself am for this,  but mostly because I drew them from packs.  What about the Vets who earned them or paid for them? The Baral fiasco as an example. I wasn't around when older OP mythics came out but i've heard  some were later edited too. feel free to correct me,  as I'm purely going off what I've read in the forums for the past year.  Maybe make a poll @shteev ? "Are you for or against restructuring old OP cards?"
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    bken1234 said:

That’s what I want!!! I miss playing those decks. TG is a joke. 
    In all fairness TG was never meant to replace QB. 

I personally don't miss them one bit. I like facing variation myself. QB was more or less the same tried and true high speed builds.  Oh hi olivia piggy *yawn* , oh hi Kiora... yep drop your part the water viel and awaaaaaay we go *force quits after 1 minute* 

While I get the appeal. I personally would love unrestricted but with one rule. Like Iron chef. I.e. must have one or more creature with a power of 5 or more. Or cards with "destroy" can not be fielded and so on. Weird restrictions like that would be awesome and challenging.