6 hour recharge sucks!

Options
Phillmoore
Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
edited October 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
this is ridiculous.  The two days in the week when I have time to play this game and there is no content!  

Ive finished the story modes and there is only so much training grounds one can play.  I’ve done my three nodes in the return of the god Pharoah. So where is my challenge.  Oh yeah.  It’s six hours away! 

This is supposed to be a game and after 7 plays i now wait 6 hours

come on @brigby this needs either more content or revert back to 4 hour recharges for the players of the game, not the elitists who only want to win but don’t want to play 

nuff said 

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Solution to this is simple. Apply the new philosophy of multiple concurrent events in the workweek to the weekend.

I'm more interested in how this plays out for the casuals. A lot of variables at play here, but I suspect it's a breakeven move. 
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I like the 6h recharge to make the event less tedious but doing another event (legacy like they did before for example) at the same time would give more content.
    Some weekends I have more time also and would like to have more meaningful content.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More optional (i.e. non-coalition) events running now would solve the problem of lack content, while simultaneously not making competitive coalition players make themselves miserable.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why are there something like 6 events on Monday but 2 on Saturday?
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, this is the problem. The 6 hour charges are much needed, but we should have more events on weekends. Not sure if I want them removed from Monday, but if I have to choose the time when I want me events that's the weekend
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nod. We need a range of different things running with different time "shapes".

The Coalition ones have the most time pressure currently, 6 hours _is_ better for most people, but the lack of other content is very bad. It would be awesome to have a Coalition one that played more like Fateful Showdown, that you can do over days at your own pace, but how to do that _safely_ with a Coalition without it being abusable, I just don't know yet, might not pe possible.

How was it decided to put most of the events during the weekdays? It's rather odd... Surely most people have more times to play on the weekends rather than weekdays?
    Timezones matter a lot too, the whole world needs to be accounted for...

I'm in Australia, my wife and I both play throughout the week but even then it's _not_ always at the same times in the same shape.

We both work but not always the same hours and/or days, we have 2 kids that need looking after and random other things happening in our lives.
    During the week I can always play on public transport to and from work, a tiny bit at lunch and a bit at night. It's spread out throughout the days but never huge amounts of time at once.

Most of the week was fine, events here and there and Fateful Showdown to do in the background.
    On Friday night, with a huge amount of spare time at last, we both had nothing left to do at all.

Saturday we have RotGP but nothing else again.
    The Story bits I have left are painful to use because I only have hard stuff to do that I need to change things around a lot for and we don't have Event Decks for Story so I have to mess up my normal decks and that takes too much time and messing about to be "fun". (Not sure if anyone has asked for Event Decks for story yet, but I really want that!)

Things like Fateful Showdown that have very little time pressure would be great from my perspective, but I am sure there are people with different time patterns that would have different preferences.

The timing part is is complicated to work out and you have logs of when people _did_ play, but very little in the way of logs for when people _wanted_ to but weren't able to.

But if you limit rewards on things is there any reason not to haave things running long? Fateful Showdown wouldn't be any different if it lasted all week.

Since I (at least) want Runes for levelling Walkers I also love things like Fateful Showdown for that, it's better for getting them than other things. I'd actually be tempted by one that gave even more runes (and bits and pieces of other stuff) that cost a little bit of gold crystals to enter, that's how much I need runes right now.

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I said when @Brigby unveiled the schedule that they really ought to move one of the non coalition events to the weekend, when more people have more time on play them, rather than having a pileup when most are at work or school.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

I knew something was up when I didn't have to slog through 18 charges at once this morning.

I can't believe they implemented the 6 hour compromise.

• Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    6 hour recharges are better. Sorry Op. As busy as I am on the weekdays I also have stuff to do on the weekend outside of playing MTGPQ. Longer recharges mean less pressure to finish them all. I think it's a good compromise. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What about a format that runs every second day or so, and where in brackets of 3000 we just do PVP until the end of the event, no extra objectives, just pure clash head-on. We could name it... Quick Battle?
    And it would have actual leaderboard rewards? Like a Mythic or rare for people near the top?
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    An additional event would be nice. I'm done with training grounds, 5 points away from being done with RotPG and besides the free card will have no reason to open the game again for more than load time and opening the booster.

I'm grateful for not needing to grind, but having only one day off and hardly any events on that day off means D3 has no reason to see me. Maybe I'll try MPQ again. I was at 2 years in when I deleted that account.
  • Ohboy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Phillmoore if there was a downvote or bury button I'd hit it. Forget you and your 4 hour refreshes.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby

I'm no expert, but I think you cast the vote for all out war? Lol
  • MtGMoxJet
    MtGMoxJet Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is where Quick Battles should be considered. Even if it is just for the weekend.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doomstat said:
    An additional event would be nice. I'm done with training grounds, 5 points away from being done with RotPG and besides the free card will have no reason to open the game again for more than load time and opening the booster.

I'm grateful for not needing to grind, but having only one day off and hardly any events on that day off means D3 has no reason to see me. Maybe I'll try MPQ again. I was at 2 years in when I deleted that account.
    How are you 5 points away from being done with RotGP?  It goes until the boss dies. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Believe it or not, some people aren't trying to get every point lol.