Given the recent PVP changes, who's boycotting Time Season?

124»

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am boycotting
    sh81 said:

PVE was not for 5* players because scaling made it simply not worth it/unplayable.
    PVP was the land of 5*, meaning if you were sub 5* you generally couldnt compete.

Post changes?

4* players cannot compete in PVE any more because 5*s clear in half the time and PVE is all about speed.

4* players have a far better time in PVP because it suits them perfectly now, while 5*s have essentially been bumped out of it through the grinding nature it now has.

One minor caveat.  4* players are playing above the CL they should be playing in.  We all sat at CL8 for so long that everyone figured that is where they ought to be, which was actually not true.  The broken scaling is what made it possible for 4*s to outshine 5*s.

Now that that's been fixed, its actually more fair across the board in PVE, as long as everybody plays in their correct roster range.  People punching below their weight class is a whole different issue though.

With PVP, MMR dictates what you see and evens the field quite a bit.  I don't see 3/4* teams and you don't see mine.  But 5* MMR matches take so much longer and more health packs with less character backups, which means the more wins required, the much more disadvantaged things become towards higher rosters.

There is a solution in here, but it probably involves some coding backflips where MMR is opened up, fewer wins are required, or wins or points can do the job with progression.

Either way... CP need to return to progression.  Or better yet, keep the rewards as they are now with only T10 getting placement awards AND return the progression 15.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Other
    I was primarily a Story player before.  Since summer I've been more active in Versus, but I rarely went for any kind of placement.  Now, I'm just playing for progression.  I'll go to 20 wins for most events, but if I really need the 4* I'll go to 40.  I try to make sure I can get the seeder teams for each event, to make it easier on me for getting the necessary wins. 

Doesn't usually take much for me to get what I want out of the Versus events.  
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Other
    I'm getting a little tired of people saying that PvE sucks for 4* rosters now and PvP is better than it was. That is true for some 4* players, I'm sure, but it's not for me and the sweeping generalisation is not helpful.

I'm a 4* player who has played to full progression in PvE since I finished rostering all the 4*s, and played to 900-1300 in PvP since I learned how to hop. I used to place T10-T50 in PvE, and I still do. I used to earn the final CP in PvP and now I can't. I don't have the time, or boredom threshold, to grind out 40 wins in every event, let alone however many I'd need to hold T10.

I'm genuinely happy for the people who are benefitting from the new system, but please don't think it's great for everyone below 5* level.