Given the recent PVP changes, who's boycotting Time Season?

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am actively participating for progression/placement
    ZootSax said:
    I played to the 575 CP before and I plan to play to the 16 win CP win now.  Given the past several seasons, I suspect it will take the exact same effort as before, so the change for my is pretty much neutral--possibly with the season progression totals being higher than previously, but that remains to be seen..

I hope it leads to an increase in silly teams trading counterattacks, but based on the second test, I doubt this will happen in large numbers...
    Yeah I doubt it will either. Almost nothing but Grockets in Shield Sim so far but if I see more creative teams then I'll use my own too.

I'll be playing for all rewards. Already put a decent amount of wins into Shield Sim.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    Well so far I'm 10 wins into cat-5, 403 points. 1/3 of the way to what should be a 4* cover and 15 cp. Instead I'm only 1/4 of the way to just a 4* cover..... Tinykitty tinykitty.....
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am boycotting
    tanis3303 said:
    I guess I'm boycotting, since I'm not going to play it, or even join a season bracket. But that's not really the word I'd use...more like complete indifference. They made the decision to turn it into a grind, regardless of the feedback that told them not to, and I'm not willing to grind it. I'm sure they have access to other information that tells them this was a good idea...whatevs. Instead, I just champed 4 5*s and took a 5th one to lvl 435, and I'm just gonna take my shiny new toys to Story mode and crush souls with them, and forget the Versus tab even exists. More free time for other games, no reason to soft cap my characters anymore, and all I'm really giving up is a few tokens and 10 CP per event. I rarely went past 575 anyway, I find the PvP game to be boring, facing the exact same boosted characters over and over and over ad nauseam. A net positive for me...overall, no sense being mad about it, it's just a phone game...

Hah.  Now 2/3s of the tabs are useless.  Prologue and Versus.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other
    I'll play as much as I choose, regardless of rewards.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've played more Cat-5 PvP in 2 days than I did for the last PvP season. And I'm not seeing crazy 5* teams, it's really easy to progress too, just make a small 3-4 run of wins, wait to get beat back down and then pickup another set of wins. 10CP is my target so it's an easy cruise every 2-3 hours for me. I can see why the veterans like PvP so much.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh boy! You mean that PvP has changed to something I like more, and there might be fewer obsessive forum people playing. WIn-WIn!
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm playing a LOT more PVP than I would normally have to this point. Love the new system. But please... I do hope all of you boycott; better placement rewards for the rest of us!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    I'm playing a LOT more PVP than I would normally have to this point. Love the new system. But please... I do hope all of you boycott; better placement rewards for the rest of us!
    I’m torn. I hate to see players go, because it’s bad for the game. But if the incessant complainers were to leave for real, it’d make the forums more enjoyable. I don’t think that will happen though. Spend less (or threaten to), play less (or threaten to), sure. But I haven’t seen people leaving in mass.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ive been playing. But not like i was. Its just not as enjoyable now. On the bright side i have secured t5 for the time being. We'll see how it goes as im just now halfway through quota. 
  • Ledonjon
    Ledonjon Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Other
    Other.
    I won’t be playing pvp anymore unless I really “need” the 4* cover which means almost never.
    I used to get 1200+ every pvp for placement but now I will just snipe.
    Give me my CP back!
    If this change is made because of hoarding D3 should take a look at their selves and give us better characters, buffs or rewards.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll be playing more.  I can actually regularly get the 4* covers now rather than get to ~800 points, win a match, be back down to 700, win another match and be at 640.  THAT'S not fun
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the whole I think I will be playing more. Usually 575 unless I really want the 900 cover, which I usually can get with zero shields in one climb from 600-900. So around 25 matches easily.

Now I have to play a little more for 16 wins but nothing back breaking and a lot more when the 4 star is required. This morning 23 wins would have given me the 900 but I stopped and waited for hits, none are coming :(

But on the whole I'm happy with the system, 30 wins would have been perfect but you can't get everything you want and 4 wins per day in a season I can live with for Sim. If I find it becomes too much I will just drop pvp or 16 wins and out.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other
    I don't know yet. 

I don't like this system, but I may get used to it in time. In the meantime I have Alliance minimums to meet, so I'll stick it out for now.

I expect I'll eventually find a rhythm that works for me, but I also expect I'll miss out on a great many 4* rewards trying to find it.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Other
    Was over 900 points last night with 22 wins....... Should have had the 4* already, but anyway.... Didn't shield when I went to bed because, what's the point?? Woke up to 8 hits -262 points. Hit 6 of them back and I'm over 900.... again, this time with 28 wins..... Tinykitty ridiculous...... Don't like this system at all..... Gonna be a *fun* season.......

EDIT: Just opened the game 2 more hits at 834 now, I've never cared about being t10. But, seriously, I need 12 more wins to get a cover I should have had already.... I know it's "only" MrF, but that cover gets me 3 more CP, and another LL pull
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Certainly not me

I'm not someone that ever bothered trying for 1200 pts so the changes benefit me
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Having now played a few PvP events to gain the 10CP, whereas the veterans see it as 40 wins to get a 4* they would have normally have gotten I see it as 32 wins to get a 4* (and with a bit of RNG luck a 5* to be used in PvE progression).
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel like a lot of people are unintendedly boycotting pvp because they are burnt out! Ive noticed less participation as the season has gone on.

A few hours before Dr. Orders was ending i was still in the top 60 with only 16 wins to my name.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not boycotting, because I'm not doing it to make a point or expecting it to have any effect, but I sort-of-accidentally skipped Doom's PvP because every time I thought about joining, it didn't appeal to me, and then the event was over. 

I'm probably not going to get the season progression, which would be the first for me in a long, long time.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oy, totally the opposite for me. Between DDQ, the 40-win minimum, 5-repeat PvE (and 5* "bonus" nodes), and grind-til-you-drop Sakaar Arena, I'm just grinding to the point where I forget why I'm grinding, just that I feel I'm perpetually behind.