Given the recent PVP changes, who's boycotting Time Season?

Options

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am playing until the CP prize and done
    Going for the 10 pack in season and I'm done.
    5 wins per day on the simulator until I get rogue cover.
    I'm going for the Peggy cover 40 wins in the
     (Cyclops pvp).
    Other pvps I'm still going for the 10CP only, 16 wins.

Not going to kill myself over a game that clearly doesn't care about the health of its player base.

*edit*
    I said above I would be going for the Peggy cover. Life has got in the way so this is now not possible.
    I'm asking  you guys kindly , please bring down the win requirements effective immediately for the mental and physical health of the player base.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not boycotting per se, yet, but 40 wins combined with the boosted Gambit wall at 800 combined with the removal of the CP at 1200 makes me question why I'm playing at all.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just playing until I get the cp progression reward now, I'm not burning myself out playing twice as much as I had to before for the 4* cover and not making top ten and I'm not wasting any hp on shields. just not worth it anymore
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other
    I will play wins only and not worry about placement 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Not exactly boycotting but after the changes (that increased PvP time needed for 10CP tier by 20-30%) i realised it will be much profitable to do PvE for max progress tier (i used to do every node twice only to get 4* from progression).
    So not boycotting, but adapting to new situation and new value of time spent...
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other
    If I want the 4 star I'll play 40 matches. Otherwise just 36. I root for a garbage 4star to save the 4 matches. I won't shield since 10th gets 16cp and 11th gets zero.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other
    Dormammu said:
    Why would I boycott anything? If I didn't like the game I'd just set my phone down and go see what was happening outside, or something.
    Setting your phone down and not playing would indeed be a boycott.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other
    I am pretty much playing as I always have - reach the 10 CP in each event, the 4* in simulator and the Heroic 10-pack.  The only problem I have is the number of rounds I have to win.  It certainly never took me 16 rounds to get to the 10 CP in an event and most certainly not 74 wins for the 4* cover in Simulator.  Right now, I am at 123 wins overall with a score of just above 4000 points.  That should have already gotten me the 10-pack, BUT NOOOOOOO, I have to slog through another 10 wins to get that.  It just seems to me that the devs need to re-evaluate the number of wins needed and align that more with the points needed.
  • Dr_Booom
    Dr_Booom Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Other
    Cannot really be bothered to invest the time this season.  Reward to effort ratio seems worse then previous seasons.  Have used time saved to do other things, feels like beginning of a slow divorce at the moment.  Have played regularly for over 2 years and invested significant time and money into MPQ.  I think the burnout issue is real.  I used to enjoy playing as a stress reliever, I don't find it as relaxing any more.  I champed mockingbird and vulture in past month and was surprised how neutral I felt, previously would have been excited to champ characters like these.  I am not blaming the developers, they keep trying to evolve the product to keep it interesting and incentivise spending to keep the app viable.  
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am actively participating for progression/placement
    I see a lot of griping in here about the wins are far off from the progression rewards.  My time slice started 1 hour ago, I have 23 wins and am currently at 473 points.  I did 10 seeder wins, have been defeated at least 6 times, and still need 3-4 wins just to get to 575 (that's assuming no one else defeats me.)  So that would put me at 27ish wins to finally get that 10 cp vs having gotten itd 9 wins ago (based on my current wins total).  
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rocks52 said:
    I see a lot of griping in here about the wins are far off from the progression rewards.  My time slice started 1 hour ago, I have 23 wins and am currently at 473 points.  I did 10 seeder wins, have been defeated at least 6 times, and still need 3-4 wins just to get to 575 (that's assuming no one else defeats me.)  So that would put me at 27ish wins to finally get that 10 cp vs having gotten itd 9 wins ago (based on my current wins total).  

If I am understanding you correctly, I am in the same boat as you are (earning rewards at FEWER points than at what they were previously allotted, thereby seeming to earn rewards faster under the new system), but we may be in the minority. I see a lot of lamentations from folks along the lines of "I have 28 wins and I am already past 900 points!".

But whatevs. It's working for us. High five! :)

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    rocks52 said:

If I am understanding you correctly, I am in the same boat as you are (earning rewards at FEWER points than at what they were previously allotted, thereby seeming to earn rewards faster under the new system), but we may be in the minority. I see a lot of lamentations from folks along the lines of "I have 28 wins and I am already past 900 points!".

That's exactly what I'm saying.  In the old system, I got to 900 just once.  every time I would reach that 825 prize, no matter what time of day it was, within the following 10 minutes, about 8 people would have defeated me smacking me down to around 640 points.  If I was able to slog back up to  ~820 points, the same thing would happen.  The 900 point prize was seemingly impossible to attain.  Now I can get up to 25 wins, 30 wins, and it doesn't matter if 1000 people beat me b/c I'm still at 30 wins.  That 4* cover is actually attainable now.  That's highly comforting
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rocks52 said:
    NotBAMF said:
    rocks52 said:

That's exactly what I'm saying.  In the old system, I got to 900 just once.  every time I would reach that 825 prize, no matter what time of day it was, within the following 10 minutes, about 8 people would have defeated me smacking me down to around 640 points.  If I was able to slog back up to  ~820 points, the same thing would happen.  The 900 point prize was seemingly impossible to attain.  Now I can get up to 25 wins, 30 wins, and it doesn't matter if 1000 people beat me b/c I'm still at 30 wins.  That 4* cover is actually attainable now.  That's highly comforting

Literally every thing you are saying could have been typed by me and it would accurately reflect my own experience. Right down to the having accomplished 900 points only once (I even remember when mine was... it was at the end of the anniversary this year when Devil Dinosaur was the 900 reward. I didn't even WANT that one, I just kind of lucked into it when apparently my team was invisible to everyone else).

I have had the exact same experiences. I distinctly recall an event where a Mockingbird cover I coveted was the 900 point prize, and I went all-in on that. I shield hopped and played in big chunks between shielding to build up. And I remember being up at 5am EST when my shield expired (I had shielded at 750 or so). I played up to 819. And then after another battle, I came out to see I had lost 160 friggin' points in the what, 2-3 minutes one battle took? I was back BELOW where I started from with my shield. I kept playing, but I never even got back up to 750.

Ugh, that memory haunts me.

I DO wish they'd put the 15CP reward that used to be the 1200 point reward back in progression for the people that lost out on it. I feel bad for those folks. But other than that, wins-based has been an absolute boon to me.

• meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am boycotting
    I see multiple people here who I would say weren't shield hopping "correctly" under the old system. Still, I wouldn't hold that against them, it took me some time personally to learn how to shield hop effectively, with much trial and error.

That shield hopping even exists (and still exists) as a concept is certainly the fault of the asinine design of PvP in general. The way they changed progression rewards means you no longer have to shield hop to earn them, which is good. However, in my opinion, what they should have done is change PvP so that shield hopping is no longer necessary. This would make placement, which is still dependent on shield hopping, more fair, but I digress.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Man. Exactly that. 

Not every roster is meant to play to 900 or 1200 every time. It just means you needed more time. 

And understanding apparently because at no time, even as a 5* can you be around 900 and be out twn minutes without getting hits. Its whyyou have shields and a skip button. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other
    If the next season is like this I'll get my progression cp each event and sim rewards and that's it. I'll just focus more in pve. 

It's way to much play time for 5 star players right now
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One thing I hadn't really considered until now is that not only does it get easier to hit x as your roster improves, but the reward has a lower marginal value as well, so for everyone that could previously not hit 900, that 4* cover is also likely a much bigger carrot than it is for the people that could.
    I remember when I would grind just trying to hit 300 for an event token that usually disappointed me.  Now I don't blink when I get guaranteed 3* covers.  The same is starting to happen for me as I close out the 4* tier...the 40 win "prize" won't be as much of an incentive anymore and I'll think "gee, it would have been nice to get some cp as a final reward".
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    While I completely agree that the win targets for the 10CP and 4* are too high from what they should be relative to the previous system, I'm indifferent to the change in general.  For me, the MMR was always the worst part of PVP.  It's boring to have the fight the exact same team over and over again.  That used to be the big complaint against PVE, but the current MMR ratchets up that issue in PVP to 11.  In the current PVP event, I've been able to target exactly one team that wasn't Riri/Ghost Rider (featured)/Star Lord.  There's literally no variety.  Doing that 16 times doesn't sound worth it for something i'm supposed to find fun much less to even consider 40.   Again, the issue isn't that I can't beat these teams; it's just a joyless slog and has been for quite some time.  Therefore, while I'm playing a similar amount of PVP as I usually do, wins versus points is almost totally irrelevant to my PVP experience.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ... until later, when your roster is stronger, and you're hitting 1500pts after 26 wins, and a dusty memory stirs in the back of your mind .... wait, what the hell? Why am I playing to 2400 for a lousy single that used to go for 900??? :D:D:D

And we won't even be around to say we told you so.
    This has become so clear.

Anyone with a weaker roster who struggled to make 900 has had a massive win in the new scenario.  You dont play considerably more, but you sure as hell get more.  With no stress, no cost, no shields...  Its a huge improvement.

Then there are those that had stronger rosters, and aimed for placement, and relied upon the 1200 CP, and for them its a whole different experience.

The change has been one of the most divisive in my memory of the game.  It really has benefited some people at the cost of others.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If the next season is like this I'll get my progression cp each event and sim rewards and that's it. I'll just focus more in pve. 

It's way to much play time for 5 star players right now

This is the other thing.  Pre PVP and PVE changes what was the game?

PVE was not for 5* players because scaling made it simply not worth it/unplayable.
    PVP was the land of 5*, meaning if you were sub 5* you generally couldnt compete.

Post changes?

4* players cannot compete in PVE any more because 5*s clear in half the time and PVE is all about speed.

4* players have a far better time in PVP because it suits them perfectly now, while 5*s have essentially been bumped out of it through the grinding nature it now has.

Everybody just needs to swap sides and then they'll all be happy!