Pvp vs Pve

corytutor
corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I notice a lot of the supporters of the new pvp system are either A) barely play pvp anyway or  B.) Are primarily pve player. Or both. 

So whats going to happen when the changes you so blidly support happens to pve? How happy will you be when you are forced to go for t10 to get whats already currently available just from progression? 

Comments

• corytutor
    Missed that
  • GigDgee
    GigDgee Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    They actually addressed that concern in a patch quite a few years ago when they removed the PvE season rewards...
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor

I'm primarily a PvE player, because that's the only way to get enough ISO to catch up. When I had the time, I played PvP to 900.

The only PvP was deeply flawed.

With the new system I fight the same enemies for the same rewards (for me).

The only difference is that in the next 3.5 weeks, I'm going to fight those fights 30% more often than I did before.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    I notice a lot of the supporters of the new pvp system are either A) barely play pvp anyway or  B.) Are primarily pve player. Or both. 

So whats going to happen when the changes you so blidly support happens to pve? How happy will you be when you are forced to go for t10 to get whats already currently available just from progression? 

I imagine they'll just move up an SCL and get the better rewards that way.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ummm what?  So when PvE becomes Win Based, when there's a predetermined number of wins available?  Not sure what you're getting at.

Frankly they've been doing a lot of PvE changes in the last 6 months or so, most recently the 5* nodes and SCL9.  I think this is them trying to get PvP caught up improvements they've already made to PvE.  So I guess the answer is fine because things are pretty good in PvE.
  • corytutor
    No im talking about when they move the 30cp to placement instead of point progression. 

I dont care about win count as i often exceed the numbers they chose anyway 
  • corytutor
    Borstock said:
    corytutor said:

I think you mean down a scl?
  • broll
    edited October 2017
    corytutor said:
    No im talking about when they move the 30cp to placement instead of point progression. 

I don't think that would happen.  In PvE progression has always been an effort stat, are you willing to put the time in?  Anyone at any roster level could do it.  PvP progression has roster requirements built into it.  A 2* player was never going to hit 1200, where a 2* player could get max PvE progression if they do 5 clears.  

The devs made the PvP change to CP (I suspect) because they didn't want to go from a small percentage of top rosters getting the extra CP to tons of people getting it.  In PvE tons of people already get it so there's no reason for a change.

And for the record I don't agree to moving the CP to placement for PvP either, I just see why they did it.  I hope they reverse it eventually.
  • broll
    edited October 2017
    I think several people have pointed out that it's not really that valid of a question, but fine I'll bite.  I wouldn't be happy, just like I'm not happy they did it to PvP.  
  • corytutor
    broll said:
    corytutor said:

I don't think that would happen.  In PvE progression has always been an effort stat, are you willing to put the time in?  Anyone at any roster level could do it.  PvP progression has roster requirements built into it.  A 2* player was never going to hit 1200, where a 2* player could get max PvE progression if they do 5 clears.  

The devs made the PvP change to CP (I suspect) because they didn't want to go from a small percentage of top rosters getting the extra CP to tons of people getting it.  In PvE tons of people already get it so there's no reason for a change.

And for the record I don't agree to moving the CP to placement for PvP either, I just see why they did it.  I hope they reverse it eventually.
    Thats not completely accurate. 

Pve max progression is out of the hands of a 2* or 3* player already as they wont have all the required toons. 

Your basically saying tjat pvp is unfair to undeveloped rosters. Well, so is pve. Theres no difference there. It makes perfect sense that a underdeveloped roster would have difficulty at either side of the game. That doesnt make the game unfair, it just means you need to put more time and work, or cash into your roster. 

As for the cp, there will not be an increase in people achieving top cp. Maybe an increase in the ten cp but those same top percent players arent going to stop taking t10 spots. In fact more of them will because they are now forced to when before they didnt. Theres going to be little to no room for anyone else from scl5 up to 8. 
  • corytutor
    Or troll conversations that already exist as you have no other real input. Like you're doing here
  • corytutor
    Exactly. As soon as they decide you get too much of any one resource they can change things again. 
  • broll
    corytutor said:
    broll said:
    corytutor said:

Thats not completely accurate. 

Pve max progression is out of the hands of a 2* or 3* player already as they wont have all the required toons. 

Your basically saying tjat pvp is unfair to undeveloped rosters. Well, so is pve. Theres no difference there. It makes perfect sense that a underdeveloped roster would have difficulty at either side of the game. That doesnt make the game unfair, it just means you need to put more time and work, or cash into your roster. 

As for the cp, there will not be an increase in people achieving top cp. Maybe an increase in the ten cp but those same top percent players arent going to stop taking t10 spots. In fact more of them will because they are now forced to when before they didnt. Theres going to be little to no room for anyone else from scl5 up to 8. 
    Fair enough, but that issue is overcome much sooner than with PvP.  Once you have all 2*s and 3* rostered (not covered or leveled even) you can overcome this with extra clears.  That's something that can be done in the first few months of playing where it takes a new roster over a year or more to get a the point where max PvP progression is within range.

OJSP said:
    I'm happy, but not because of you.. I am a happy person in general :lol:

What's up with the tone? 
    LOL

Sorry I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and I'm a cranky bear.  I'll tone down my earlier post.  I over reacted.
  • corytutor
    It does take time. But really so does rostering every 3* and 2* early on to pve. I dont thinl i won any events until nearly a year in, pve or pvp. 

The thing that bothers me most is the guise that its giving out more cp to more people which is exactly why devs say they changed it. 

If they left cp in progression rather than placement that would have been true. 

I dont mind the other changes. 
  • Borstock
    corytutor said:
    Borstock said:
    corytutor said:

I think you mean down a scl?
    No, I don't.
  • corytutor
    edited October 2017
    Why would you go up a scl if you cant t10 in the one you're in? Seems to me you would go down for easier brackets
  • Borstock
    corytutor said:
    Why would ypu go up a scl if you cant t10 in the one youre in? Seems to me you would go down for easier brackets
    Because t10 becomes harder overall. You can't guarantee t10 anywhere at that point. You go up to make up for the loss in CPs by grabbing, for example, a more attainable cover that is worth ~25 CPs on its own.