Win-Based Appreciation Society (WBAS).

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
There is a lot of angery going on in the forum now (more so than when they nerfed Old Man Logan?)
Here's a thread for us, "the other side", to show our appreciation to the team for implementing the win-based PVP progression. I hope this thread is kept clean and appreciative in tone - no mocking those who react with negativity on the announcement.

What to you expect from the new PVP structure?
I liked that I could pick the phone up and go for a quick battle without feeling the pressure to make it into a 30 minute long gaming session. I got hit here and there but I didn't care much. I also vaguely remember I used a few different teams than what's "optimal" since loosing wasn't such a big deal anyway.

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As someone who has had to repeat PvP runs because of being knocked back down in between stints I will join WBAS. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I JUST (minutes ago) posted this in the time season update thread, but think it wouldn’t hurt to repeat here. 

Some food for thought:

I expected that this would be met with mixed reactions. After the initial tests, someone on here did a poll and there was a pretty big split amongst the player base as to whether or not the wins-based change was preferred over points-based progression.  The results:

58% YES (156 votes)
    41% NO (109 votes)

Now I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to say regardless of where your roster is at, if you are on these message boards posting about a match-3 game in your spare time you more than likely (though not necessarily) fall more in the “die hard” category than the “casual” category.

Though right now it could look to developers like the MPQ sky is falling, it is simply because the people unhappy with the change are of course going to be more vocal than those that are neutral or even happy about the change. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66512/do-you-like-the-new-pvp-system-progression-rewards-based-on-wins-instead-of-points-gained/p1

The poll shows that even amongst the more die hard players (forum goers) this change is preferred to the old system. This does not take into account the much larger, and likely more casual, player base not represented on the message boards.

The newer your roster the more this change benefits you as you can reach more rewards much faster that were previously unobtainable. I have about 58% of the 4* Champed so could get 900 pretty regularly. So for me this move is neutral in terms of rewards, a negative in terms of the amount of matches needed to max progress and a positive in terms of flexibility.  Anyone with a roster better than mine likely hates this and those below me likely love it.  I believe there are way more people that stand to benefit from this change and that will applaud it (especially off the boards) despite the vitriol on the boards currently.   Because people on the boards are so split on this I fully expect many more pages of the same arguments restated again and again. Expect a jumpstart tomorrow when we see the reward layout.

TLDR: There are likely more people for the change than against it despite what the perception may be around here.  **WBAS approved**

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The community thanks you for this list in reaching 40 wins.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Happy to join WBAS!

Never enjoyed PvP before, but had to do it in order to get 3* and 4* covers to progress. Starting up this game to see "You've been attacked! You lose 200 points!" or worse, playing PvP for an hour and ending up with less points than you started was definitely not fun.

I liked the Win Based tests and I'm sure to play a lot more PvP from now on.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll join.  I do still hold out to the fact that are a lot places that need improvement.
    I say we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom! 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm bummed.  My roster just got to the point where I could frequently manage 1200 in an event.  I haven't managed a T5 finish since leaving 3* MMR.

I do like the win-based better in concept, because I hated having to time hops and spend all that HP on shields just to hang on to a T20 spot.  Now I'll probably save up the HP for packs.  Every 15-20 events would be equivalent to a 40-pack, and I'll get an LT from that.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Frankly I don't care either way I am not a big fan of pvp but I think it would be interesting to run a poll asking about roster makeup and play time.  I bet you would see some interesting trends.  As long as I can get my 10 cp (16 wins still, I hope) I will be happy.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Calnexin said:
    I'm bummed.  My roster just got to the point where I could frequently manage 1200 in an event.  I haven't managed a T5 finish since leaving 3* MMR.
    I think you're steering off-topic here dear sir or madame.
    Hence the reason there was a second paragraph.  Are we not allowed to qualify a response?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would like to join the WBAS.  Are there any dues or membership requirements?

I enjoyed the test runs, and feel this method makes better sense for tracking progression. It will definitely give me more drive to participate in PvP. I don't completely agree with number of wins required for each reward, or the 15 CP change, but I am willing to give the developers the benefit of the doubt that once we go through a season or two they will revisit it and possibly improve it.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ♬ You are the Wins-Based / Appreciation Society
    Thor save Howard the Duck / and 4-star roster variety ♬

♬ Protecting the newbies / from being abused
    Preserving the CPs / for me and for you ♬

♬ You are the Fancy Dan / Appreciation Consortium
    Thor save progression covers / and all those who were awarded them ♬

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    NotBAMF said:

I like the change. I wholeheartedly get the gripe about the 15 CP reward being removed, but honestly? Asking me to get 1200 points was as good as asking me to run from Los Angeles to New York in 20 minutes. That 15 CP reward may as well have not even existed previously as far as I was concerned. So losing it doesn't affect me personally.

I do feel bad for those that will lose out on it, I guess. But I appreciate the lack of time-and-healthpack--based stress that wins-based progression brings.

you have carol grocket and gamora champed. *iron fist too) if you don't get 1200 in dark vortex, you aren't really trying
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's very important that I know the tune of the song I should be singing this to.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jarvind said:

It's very important that I know the tune of the song I should be singing this to.
    Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.