Here we go again

D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't get it. Why is everybody always jumping to (very bad) conclusions before we even see the full details of something new to arrive ? 

PvP win-based was always going to come, with 2 or 3 tests in already, it was only a matter of time. But, nobody said that it will be the same number or a different number of wins. Nobody played an entire season of this, so nobody knows how good or bad this change is. 

Everybody thought that vaulting was bad, and while it wasn't great for everybody, it was helpful for a lot of people at that time. 

Why don't you want to wait & see what happens, before you kill every member of the dev team for something you don't know half of ? 

Just my 2 cents on this situation. 

PS. I also think 40 is a bit too much, but hey, this is not a deal-breaker for me. At least you can obtain the cover if you really want it. 

Comments

• D4Ni13
    Bowgentle said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I don't get it. Why is everybody always jumping to (very bad) conclusions before we even see the full details of something new to arrive ? 
    Because we've been here for four years, and every time they roll out changes in this way - throw a bomb a day before the changes are visible in game, then run and hide until stuff blows over - the changes have been BAD.
    Very bad.

Every time.

I for one am about 12 changes beyond giving them any benefit of the doubt any longer.
    Fair enough... 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNK-cOtxSs

Here we go again to the temple of consumtion...

• D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    Quebbster said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNK-cOtxSs

Here we go again to the temple of consumtion...

Ah, the era in which everybody used to push their face in the camera as much as they could. These guys have really bad teeths, lol. Now everyone pushes their buttoms (the other word was censured) in the camera. Wonder what the future holds :smiley:
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    D4Ni13 said:

PS. I also think 40 is a bit too much, but hey, this is not a deal-breaker for me. At least you can obtain the cover if you really want it. 

I could do that before, now it's just more work.

Do I need a better reason to be allowed to dislike the change?

• D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    JHawkInc said:

You're right, in that we don't know specifics. But silence speaks volumes.
    Agree, but still they might change some things. Like I really doubt they would give us 20 HP as final reward like they did in the last test. They could still lower the number if they want to. I don't know if they do. But good thinks will come from this change also: 

• players that want to play only progression will not be impacted by points so they don't need to shield and they would open up their teams because of that
    • more players with opened-up teams means more variety in teams you see overall, and this will benefit both progression oriented players and placement oriented players
    • new strategies, since for an easier progression you don't want to be in the top, because you will fight harder teams, so this coupled with teams variety will mean overall more targets for everybody
    • you can play as much as you want & whenever you want. A lot of players hate the fact that they have to play PvE at the start & at the end to get max progression. So if PvE is a mess, at least it is good that PvP would allow people to play whenever they want, since for progression only quantity matters and not timing or speed. 
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    Starfury said:
    D4Ni13 said:

I could do that before, now it's just more work.

Do I need a better reason to be allowed to dislike the change?

Nobody said you cannot dislike the change, but lets be honest, people complain way to much for things they just 'dislike', how you put it. Threatening to quit is not a reaction to a simple dislike. I hate to see complains just for the sake of them being there. But again, feel free to do whatever you like. This post was my way of saying that I disliked what I've seen in the main topic. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I envy your optimism.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    JHawkInc said:

You're right, in that we don't know specifics. But silence speaks volumes.
    Agree, but still they might change some things. Like I really doubt they would give us 20 HP as final reward like they did in the last test. They could still lower the number if they want to. I don't know if they do. But good thinks will come from this change also: 

• more players with opened-up teams means more variety in teams you see overall, and this will benefit both progression oriented players and placement oriented players
    Placement orientated players will see dual champed 5s for all eternity because MMR doesn't care what you run, I can't see you.
    I'm only seeing players using dual champed 5s.
    Like he said...It will only be 40 matches againsst dual champed 5*! Opened up teams......LOL!
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Critical voices are always the loudest
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Bowgentle is right. Dropped a lot during the sale. Spending freeze now.  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the internet...what did you expect?
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Every time a new change happens I become extremely happy that I havent champed my 13 cover 5trange and sold two covers instead. 5* Land really sounds like it breaks the game.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    PVE recently has become far easier for "whales" there is more CP to be had and "whales" can even drop to SCL7 and have their 5*'s blitz through for an easy t10. For newer players this new pvp will probably be thier only means of rostering a 4*.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    CT1888 said:
    This kills the 5* transition for anyone pvp focused unless they open up MMR. Why would you want to enter that realm and have to grind 40 wins against Panthos/Gambolt/etc. for the same rewards as before?
    In the points based regime, once you had champed 5*s, the CP 1200 became more easily accessible, which was surely the point of building a stronger roster.
    That’s not my current experience, FYI.

I just champed my first two 5-stars (Jean and OML, because that’s who I had covers for first) and it took me from an MMR where I was matched with people on a roughly equal footing to an MMR where I was matched with a mix of champed, better 5-stars (including whales with champed Gambits) and 4-Stars with 50 more champ levels than mine. My float point dropped below 300. I was never a heavy PVP guy before, but I went from being able to hit 575 with minimal hassle to being unable to hit 300 hassle-free. I don’t expect my MMR to improve under the new system, but I should be able to scratch out enough victories over 2.5 days to crawl back to the 10CP.