So, how was Anniversary for you?

Options

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So-so.  I cleaned out one Anniversary vault and 60% of the next one, plus the Gambit vault.  Iso gains were decent, but most of the "surplus" went toward champing Devil Dino (for whom I went from 7 covers to lv 281 champ).  That's not necessarily a bad thing, and it was exciting at the time, but in retrospect leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  I'm not going to be using the character at all in the next 12 months, and could have used the iso spent to champ one of the other characters I have ready to go (Sandman plus six classics).  Those 11 champ levels were just too good to pass up.

Other than that, I did manage to fully cover a few more classic 4*s and champ OML and Mockingbird.  Got useless blue 6th covers for surfer and hawkeye 5*, a practically useless Ock green cover, and a borderline useful Goblin cover.

I did like the new boss event.  That was really fun, though relatively tame on the rewards.  I can't remember what I got out of the tokens, which means they were either champ levels for someone or covers awaiting iso.

In sum - fun, it did feel special, and because of an OML pull from a fan favorites I champed my first 5*.  So I suppose that, at least, made it noteworthy.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd say above average. I was able to take 0/0/0 Devil Dino and get him/her up to 5/3/4, winning both crashes. I loved the boss event, it was both sufficiently puzzle-y and challenging without being overly so. I champed X-23, Drax, and Moon Knight. I also got my first CL8 t5 in PvP, and then another one right after that. I thought the anniversary tokens came out at a great rate, I got 74 pulls and only 4-5 of those I paid HP for. I thought it was silly, though, to still run the event vaults as well without giving any tokens for those.

Even though I loved all that stuff, I'm upset that during double ISO week they chose to run a boss event and then a PvE with a 48 hour sub, which reduced the amount of iso 8 we could obtain. The flub on the lightning rounds was disappointing as well, though we are getting that tomorrow. The special PvP events were meh - Danger Room could've been much more fun if the geyser tiles counted for both teams instead of just the AI - those with boosted Carol were just obscene to compete with on defense. Plus the boosted list wasn't even X-men themed. Class of 2017 was meh also. I think the PvP events could've used some love.

I will not complain too much however, the ISO 8 income was really nice and made simulator and PvP worth playing for more than just the progression. I had fun trying out different teams just to see if I could win since the ISO was worth the effort. Good job team.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The anniversary actually went really well for me. Took Dino from 4 covers to 3 on the vine. I was also able to champ 3 4*s this week with another 100k ISO towards my next 4*. The events were pretty varied in how much I liked them. Danger room was horrible but only because Carol was everywhere, myself included and Simulator was tough enough that I didn't even try to be optimal. Overall, I felt it was a good run, especially since they're doing double ISO lr's this week to make up for last week. Wish we had double ISO more often than a few times a year. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was able to finish up a handful of 4*s that needed ISO. Now Mockingbird is one away from max and i have plenty of ISO to finish her up after.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I wish I would've gotten more Gambit covers but I will say that this event has been really fun for me. I'm still fairly new to this game so keeping up in pvp has been a bit tough but challenging in a good way.
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Anniversary was amazing for me. 41 pulls got me all 3 fan fav tokens, a couple 4*, the 2900 and 600 hp rewards. Exactly what I needed as a returning player.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anniversary was great for me, I:

-Pulled from the anniversary vault 285 times (I stockpiled hp for anniversary)
    -Dino went from 3/4/5 150 to 301
    -Champed Peter Parker
    -Champed X-23
    -Champed 3* Gambit in time for his Versus event
    -Pulled a black 5* Gambit
    -Will be able to champ my dupe IM40 today

These next 4 are not really a function of being anniversary, but worth mentioning:

-Hit 1200 in 3 of the 4 anniversary Versus events (2 of those were t10 finishes)
    -Finished in t100 in anniversary Versus season overall (first time inside t100 in any season)
    -Finished 4th place in Simulator in CL9 (best finish EVER)
    -HIt SR 115 (my xp intake was up during anniversary)

I'm very happy!!!
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pretty good anniversary for me. Champed Quake, Cyclops, and Dino and got the 2-Star farm rebuilt (needed lots of iso for that). Also my casual alliance got to round 7 of Apocalypse (Champ levels for my X-23).

Only bad was awful RNG luck. Had pulled 99 of the 100 anniversary tokens after rewards and daily deal and had 1 Legendary token left in the vault. Pulled it for 500 HP since it was a certain Legendary.

Also joined Dino PVP in last hour and got a fresh bracket. One top-10 finish later and my 3* Gambit is 4/4/4
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This was by far the most enjoyable anniversary for me.  Fun boss event, an exceptional new character, best value vault I think I've ever seen and of course the double iso.  

But two negatives:

1.  No double iso in LR (whilst being remedied I'll have a lot less time for them this week).
    2.  Would have been a great time to extend shield levels past 125.  Or at least have had some communication on any future plans for this.

Devs, please keep up the good work and don't repeat your usual pattern of following good things with unnecessary nerfs, bad decisions & oversights.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I enjoyed it. Double ISO plus what I had on hand let me champ a couple more 4*, and I have enough left over to champ a third, which will be Kingpin (unless I can pull a 14th cover for one of my other waiting 4*'s). 

I thought the Apocalypse event was very well done. Gave players the option to either overpower him in 1 turn, or finesse him by taking out his horseman. Not always easy, but then a Boss Event should be a bit (but just a bit) more difficult than a normal event.

The PVE and PVP events were enjoyable for me. I know a lot of people felt that the X-man Simulator was too hard, but I fought in my weight class, as far as SCL's go, and was able to get through it pretty well.

Biggest plus for me: No server issues.
    Biggest minus for me: 30+ plus in the Mes Ami's vault and not a single 5*. Not that I didn't get a Gambit, I didn't get a 5* at all.

RNGessus hates me, and I can accept that, so not getting the 5* Gambit was no huge surprise. 

All in all, I would qualify this Anniversary as a success.

-Croak.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a lot of fun this Anniversary. Everything was great. Apocalypse was a good event, the PvE's were fun, and the mini-season was perfect. Loved the double-iso more than anything.

The only thing I didn't like was the anniversary vault. Now, let me preface this by saying I hoarded 20 anniversary tokens and spent them all at once. I ended up with nothing but 2-star covers, a 3500 ISO reward, and a Devil Dino cover.  :s  Despite my bad luck, I still thought the vault was weak and it didn't excite me very much. Three chances out of a hundred for a token that gives one in twenty odds for a 5-star cover? C'mon developers, do we have to be so stingy on fives even during the Anniversary? Then there were all the Dino covers - a weak character that is boosted exactly once per year? I don't understand why anyone would think that is exciting. I'm not going to champ Dino (and I've had him cover maxed for 2 years) just because his rarity is so 'special'.

So, yeah. Great anniversary with a bad vault.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I had a lot of fun this Anniversary. Everything was great. Apocalypse was a good event, the PvE's were fun, and the mini-season was perfect. Loved the double-iso more than anything.

The only thing I didn't like was the anniversary vault. Now, let me preface this by saying I hoarded 20 anniversary tokens and spent them all at once. I ended up with nothing but 2-star covers, a 3500 ISO reward, and a Devil Dino cover.  :s  Despite my bad luck, I still thought the vault was weak and it didn't excite me very much. Three chances out of a hundred for a token that gives one in twenty odds for a 5-star cover? C'mon developers, do we have to be so stingy on fives even during the Anniversary? Then there were all the Dino covers - a weak character that is boosted exactly once per year? I don't understand why anyone would think that is exciting. I'm not going to champ Dino (and I've had him cover maxed for 2 years) just because his rarity is so 'special'.

So, yeah. Great anniversary with a bad vault.
    Champ rewards? That, and to have something with more health in 5* MMR Versus are why I champed him. Too many Thano5 out there to run anything less than a champed Dino
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm really happy with the anniversary. I liked the Apocalypse event, and I managed to champ Dino, Iceman, Mordo, and 3* Elektra. I also flipped and re-champed a bunch of my 2*s. 

The only depressing thing is that I only have three draws left in the anniversary vault, two of which are Dino, and the third is 3* Luke Cage. I might have one more daily deal available though, so I'm going to try for one more Dino before I have to go back to hardcore hp saving mode. 
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anniversary was pretty good for me. First of all the double Iso was great and allowed me to champ 4*Fist, Kate Bishop and Vulture, and one more at least (X-23 or Sandman, with double Iso LRs the coming week possibly both). Second, I enjoyed the Apocalypse event and most other events in PVP and PVE (not a big fan of X-Men Sim and 4*Punisher PVP).

I got all progression in the Anniversary PVP Season, and I got some pretty good pulls from the Anniv Vault. I pulled 60 tokens in total which got me 2 FF LTs, all 9 Dino covers, my 13th 4*Gamora cover and a Spider-Gwen champ level, all 3 HP prizes and the 10k Iso as the most notable things. All in all I'm pretty pleased with that!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rogue.
    Gambit.
    Lots and lots of ISO. 
    Fun new Boss.

Can't ask for more than that. 
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Anniversary was absolutely wonderful for me! I got in on the glitched odds on the Mes Amis tokens and in 19 pulls I got 3xOML, 1 Phoenix and 1 Gambit.  As I earned CP and tokens I pulled another Gambit and another Phoenix under regular odds. Tokens fell like rain to go with the double iso. I pulled my last 4* Punisher I needed and my last Ghost Rider and champed them from the 130s. I pulled a 14th cover for Cloak and Dagger and champed them from 70. I champed my dupe 3* Captain America from 40. I gained 7 levels for my champ Devil Dino to bring him to 279. I pulled a blue Howard The Duck to bring him to a nicely even 4/3/3. I also champed 2 2* farms. I came in with a little over half a million iso but that is still serious progress to get all that done.  I pulled the 10k and 5 of the 3.5k iso prizes from the Anniversary vault along with the 2900 and 1000 hp prizes. I finished with Rogue at 0/2/0. 3Gambit at 1/3/3 and 5gambit at 0/1/1. Also snagged a purple 5Daredevil. Apocalypse was great. The event was a challenge and I am looking forward to seeing it run again. No complaints at all.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A few hiccups here and there, but otherwise probably the best Anniversary in memory. The Boss event was a blast. While not technically part of the anniversary, getting Rogue in the game is great.

While the double ISO didn't rock my world as much as it as for others, I'm still grateful for it. It really helped get me to a position I've been chasing for a while, where all my 4*s and 3*s were maxed leveled. Champed Gwen, maxed leveled the remaining 4*s I had, champed a few 3* dupes (BW, BP, Patch, and R&G), while max leveling the other 3* dupes and Gambit, and I also to flip a few 2*s more easily than normal.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    - Apocalypse event was my favorite boss event yet.

- We got some amazing new characters ending the mutant embargo (with Nightcrawler to come). 

- Double iso is much much appreciated (with Lightning Rounds to come). 

- I bought out the anniversary vault and will champ Dino eventually.

- Got 3* Gambit to a beautiful 4/4/4.  Will likely champ him too after the 800 point PVP progressional. 

- Was also able to champ Vulture and Spider-Woman.

- I got a lucky top 5 in RAWR! which was crazy because Moon Knight is my lowest character (went from 1/1/1 to 2/2/2). 

- Also entered late in Sim PVE and got second.

Overall an A+ from me. Well done devs!

• Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Options
    It was great maxed out three star Wolverine and Thor, also championed devil dinasour and Mockingbird.  The only disappointment I got was the lack of 5s. 
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I loved almost everything about this anniversary event except for the Mes Amis pulls which had me pay 25 command points for more 5 star Phoenix covers I can't use, in my attempt to get Gambit.   It was not very anniversary like, if you ask me.  It clearly shows there is little value to buy covers, in a scenario like that.