So, how was Anniversary for you?

Options
DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I know there's still a few hours to go for some of us, while others have already finished up Simulator, but I was wondering how everyone fared during Anniversary.

I've mostly been hoarding LTs since the special store for 5pidey went away. I dipped into them once when the 5* essential node was introduced, and I needed a Doc Ock and Daredevil. I've also been hoarding ISO since about the time Daredevil was released. I was tempted to crack my hoard a bit when Classics was bugged, but I was fairly low on ISO and figured I'd end up with a bunch of wasted covers. That realization prompted me to start hoarding my ISO for when I finally cracked my hoard, and with the exception of leveling up a few characters here and there, I'd pretty much stuck with it.

When they announced the Mes Amis store, I knew I would pull from it until I got at least one cover for each of the 5*s, as I had none of them rostered. Unfortunately, I missed out on the bug. My thinking was that I would wait to get my tokens earned through progression from the boss event before using my own CP. So even though I had looked in the store while the improved odds were live, I didn't even pay attention to them and missed out.

It ended up taking 32 pulls from my CP stash in addition to two Mes Amis tokens to complete my goal. Unfortunately, about six or so of those pulls were accidentally in the Fan Favorites store before I pulled an unusable black Thano5 cover. I also managed to get the Mes Amis token from the Remy LeBeau vault.

During Anniversary, I managed to champ X-23, De4dpool, Iceman, Thor, Carnage, and Devil Dino.

Finally, I've cleared 55/100 pulls from the Anniversary vault, with about 8 more pulls coming, I think. I got 2/3 Fan Favorites tokens, 4/9 Dino covers, 5/7 other 4* covers and 2/3 HP rewards. I'm hoping to still pull the last FF LT, the last useful 4* cover (yellow Flaptain) and the 2900 HP reward at least. Beyond that, it would be nice to get the 10K ISO, and Hawkguy, 3* Storm, and 3lektra covers. Although I wouldn't mind having the useless 4* cover either (Cyclops red). With any luck, I'll pull enough covers to cover and champ him when I initially pull my hoard in about a week or so.

So, how did everyone do during anniversary?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pretty good. 
    Devil Dino got champed and now is tied for my 5th hightest leveled 4*
    i got the 2900 HP from 2 stores, still hoping for a third.  3 vaults
    Got my first 1200 progression in PvP as well as my first non-sniped T10 in Devil Dino’s event. 
    Apocolypse event was great, much better than Boss Rush last year.
    The crowning achievement I got Thano5 to 13 making him my first champable 5*. I spent a lot of hoarded CP chasing him but since I got him it seems worth it. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anytime I get more Iso than usual, it's a win in my book.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Over the course I was able to champ 3* Elektra, 4* blade, 4* riri. Got 3 champ levels for my dino who is now 275. No 5 star pulls. I don't hoard anything I spend as soon as I have it. 

Overall I had a good one with lots of progress on undercovered 4's and champ levels for others. 
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pretty Decent, champed Dino, with 12 champ levels, champed Prof X, and in the midst of champing Miles Morales (last few 4* I left to the end to champion...). Pulled 6 x 5*, but it was 2 Doc Ock, 2 Daredevil and 2 Spider-Man, no Gambits. Still, I like Daredevil and Spiderman a lot, so I should max those before they leave the Latest Legends. Just wished for:

a) a PvE running alongside the Boss event
    b) 20 person Lightning Rounds, with double ISO 
    c) slightly more Anniversary Tokens rather than Elite tokens, just to keep in line with the Anniversary Celebration.

oh, and d) a new, totally random, token character. Would have appreciated 4* or 5* Cosmo, or Lucky, that you can only get in Anniversary Events. That'd be fun. I know people don't like the limited characters, I actually like them as every now and again for the collecting nature of the game!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a bit of a mixed bag for me because even though I got a ton of iso most of it had to go towards my 2* farm with having to champ like six people and almost all at about the same time which sucked hard. So now Anniversary is almost over, don't have to worry about my farm for quite some time so I can start hoarding iso, hp and cp. Got a lot of people close to being ready to champ now though. Champed Gwenpool, cleaned out most of my Anniversary vault with getting two Fan Favorites, I think six Dinos, almost all of the 4s as well as most 3s. Rostered Gambit and OML from Gambit's vault. It's weird having a good handful of people at 10-12 covers and no idea on who will get champed next. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I liked it!! I got tons of Dinos! I opened up all 100 anniversary tokens (I had saved up lots of HP over the year) and then around 50 more! So I scored a bunch. And getting the extra ISO and other prizes was great as well. Thanks again, D3!
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This anniversary has been good! No, sorry, it was not good, it was GREAT! Nice flow of ISO-8, great new releases (Rogue and Gambit would certainly be seeing more play in PVP), great new boss event and, what's more: a great Anniversary Vault that somehow made available all of the covers that I've been missing to bring classic 4* to fully covered.

I spent HP a LOT this event. I am now waiting for that last Daily Discount to sweep clean all 100 rewards from that vault.

The only downside of this greatness is that I will miss the Anniversary week GREAT-ly for the rest of the next year.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Dino went from 1/1/1 to 5/4/3 and won his Crash twice.

Elektra and X-23 championed (and I think Kingpin might have been also).

Hit 13 covers on 3 5* in the same day.

#winning
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So glad it's over.  Like 70 pulls between 2 accounts and pulled a whopping 2 dino covers.  I think I emptied the vault of 2*'s though, so there is that...

Hated the Apocalypse event, instant kills are not fun.  X-Men simulator instantly became my most hated event.  If they ever repeat that I wouldn't even bother, it was just a horrible, miserable event that just tried to suck and and all fun out of the game..  Everything else was average at best.  PVP sucked, but it always does.

Glad the game isn't normally like it was during the anniversary, otherwise I'd give it up.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loved the Apocalypse Event! That made it great for me. Double ISO was nice too: I champed two 4* favorites.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Anniversary was pretty good to me.  So far I got 2/3 legendary, 4/9 Dino and 6/7 4*'s from the vault (including my rarest colors for R&G, Gamora and Iron Fist to bring them to 11, 11 & 12, respectively).  The vault also gave a blue 2* Magneto just in the nick of time before I started to waste covers for my 2* farm.  The Apocalypse boss was fun and Webbed Wonder brought my Howard up to 4/4/3.  The PVP simulator was also the easiest climb in recent memory.  My only complaint was that I wish Devil Dino was boosted for every Anniversary event.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Devil Dino, Old Man Logan, X-Force Wolverine, an IM40 Dupe, moderately covered 3* Gambit, and cycled most of my 2* farm. And I got at least one 5* Gambit, which will help mitigate the stupid 5* Essential cycle for a little while. And a handful of other 5*s (mostly Phoenix and Doc Ock; not excited about having Doc Ock as my most-covered non-champed 5*, but Phoenix went from 3 to 8 covers, and I'm due one in Resupply like... tomorrow, so that's nice).

And it was technically "pre-Anniversary", but I don't think I've ever covered a 4* as well as Rogue as fast as I did for this one (managed to do all but the last node in her training event, so I'm hoping they bring that back but like, run it a month after release), and Webbed Wonder let me champ Howard going into Anniversary, so that was nice too.

Not quite done yet, but I think I'll clear out the Anniversary vault entirely (mostly because I'm down to a dozen things still in it, with stuff still worth pulling).

All things considered, it's been a solid anniversary, minus the 5* Essential cycle designed to punish people who don't play this game to jump through the devs' hoops.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Quite a decent anniversary.

Using ISO that I had saved in the lead up to the anniversary, I was able to champ Fury and Coulson - selected via getting 14th covers for them first. I managed to build up enough ISO again to champ Gamora - no 14th cover yet, but I already have Grocket champed and having both of them boosted was just too good to pass up. Still got enough ISO on hand to champ one more 4*, although more likely going to go towards champing two that I've got halfway already. Have covers for Peggy and Cage on the vine, so unless a better deal comes along, they'll be getting it.

My poor dear namesake didn't fare too well this year. In the previous anniversary, I managed to take him from 270 to 287 but this year it looks like he's going to cap out at 294. I guess that balances out my luck from the Mes Amis tokens, which were very generous in providing 5* covers and I didn't start opening until after the fix had been applied.

Overall, I did enjoy this anniversary. There's still some strong nostalgia goggles for the first anniversary, and while Devil Dino fared better last year, I think that this has probably been the best one yet.

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it wasn't for increased ISO gains (not really doubled, if intercepts stayed the same) I probably wouldn't realise it was the anniversary.
    Fully covered Dino who joins another 4* who will never be champed, pulled mediocre stuff from vault and that was it.
    New boss was decent, but the rewards were standard, sim was painfull as always. Not impressed.
  • BCblue27
    BCblue27 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'd say it was middle of the road for me, though leaning a bit more on the below average side. I did enjoy the Apocalypse boss event overall. It certainly became more thought provoking in the later rounds and encouraged the usage of some of my roster that had been otherwise left unused in quite a while, so that was cool.

I will say that the double ISO was nice, however, I felt as though it was also more largely masqueraded by not only the boss event, but successive events following that all contained at least one 24 hour sub event, if not more. It was kind of like receiving a back handed compliment. Perhaps the 5th anniversary will be done in a truly impressive manner.

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I did okay, but found it overall....meh. Cannot complain on the ISO, but for covers it was below average of past years. Which I found odd, somewhat. I mean I have a pile of ISO, and nothing to really use it on. The vaults gave me mostly ISO and HP. Still the same feeling after the last two anniversaries. Why are the in game rewards so thin. I'm just feeling as if I didn't participate in an anniversary event, just any other daily event, weekly, monthly. Oh well that's the way RNG goes.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    If it wasn't for increased ISO gains (not really doubled, if intercepts stayed the same) I probably wouldn't realise it was the anniversary.

This is kinda how I felt. I liked the new boss fight a lot, and Dino went from unchamped to 282, which is neat. It just felt like it was missing something. I dunno.

Also, that Danger Room PVP suuuuuuuuucked, though that was more a function of Carol, Blade and Medusa all being boosted than anything anniversary-specific.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had the most excellent Anniversary. I was able to invest a little $$. Using the daily discount I got about 2-3 10x packs that reward all HP rewards a few Dino covers and reset the vault a total of three times. 

A bunch of my 3 :star: sprouted LTs. Spent them all because I'm terrible at hoarding. Spidey Peter Parker is now 3/4/5 with a red cover in my rewards that CS should exchange. Though I'm afraid of what 3 champ 5 :star: will do to my PvP (is this the end of my PvP career?) But I also now have three maxed 3 :star: with 2 more on the way. I'm not really excited to sell them but I spent all my ISO and am eager to get Spidey up in the mix. Rocket and Groot was my first 3 star championed ever. Once I get one more cover for him I will sell without looking back. Not as excited about BP or Magento. Will keep my Thano3 around though. 

I was also able to champ X-23, Miles and Howard the Duck. Added about 20 levels to Devil Dino. 

(cross posted in Discord)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great, double iso was awesome.  I received 95/100 of the anniversary pulls (bought some 10 packs) and the only good reward I didn't get from it was 10,000 iso.  I think I received 10 DD covers and champed him.  Not that I was planning on doing that but with that many covers, I wasn't going to let them go to waste.  I also received a couple of random 13th covers from tokens and the black Carnage cover also gets him to 13 covers, so now i have an iso shortage with all of the 4* I can champ.