Double ISO - are you feeling it?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's sort of hard to tell, because I'm not at an ISO crunch point right now, so I'm not paying that much attention to how much I have on hand, but I do think my stockpile has been growing somewhat faster than normal. Especially considering we just had a Boss Event, which are usually serious ISO droughts.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I'm definitely feeling it. Been able to get my decimated 2 star farm back in order and come pretty close to champing X23. I wish this were the new normal.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I'm feeling it. Got Drax champed and now I'm 70,000 away from Carnage. Then I need to spend 110,000 on 3* Elektra and then 75,000 to rechamp 2* Captain America.  Then I think I can open some tokens.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is this "LR" everyone keeps referencing?
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Lightning Rounds in PVP.  Join at the start of each one and harvest the seed teams....
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lightning Rounds in PVP.  Join at the start of each one and harvest the seed teams....
    Ah, thanks! I honestly forgot these existed as I never play lightning rounds. I guess it's time to take a look?

Also, per the main conversation, I've noticed the Double ISO, but it's mostly not a huge movement of the needle. It's pretty obvious in Deadpool Daily and when you get post-event rewards, but otherwise it's just a slight acceleration. I wish that the Double ISO was awarded as a multiplier to everything ISO-related. Get 500 ISO? x2, now it's 1,000. Sell a 1* cover? x2, now it's 200. Pulled the 10,000 ISO reward from a taco token? x2, now it's 20,000. Go up in S.H.I.E.L.D. rank? x2 to the reward there too. This would be much more significant, but since it's just a short window of time it wouldn't be too generous. Maybe we'd each get one more 4* champed out of it? And to avoid hoarding tokens for the purpose of increased sale value, they could have it only apply to tokens we've accrued during the anniversary (Standard and up.)
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    It is certainly noticeable in the versus events, since there are no random cover drops. All those 1* covers at 100 ISO, are now a minimum of 140 ISO, and I've grabbed the 500 ISO reward numerous times. Even the 280 ISO reward is great, since it is higher than anything you get during "normal" events.

Hopefully they are treating LRs the same this week... even if it means the loss of a handful of 2* covers for the farm.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Feeling it for sure. It's not as noticeable as it was in previous ISOx2 events, because for once I'm not currently scrambling to champ anything, but I championed Phoenix, 3lektra and Devil Dino just before the event started, and I've already recouped about half the ISO spent, which is pretty great.

(They were all already partially leveled when I hit the champ button. I haven't earned, like, 450k ISO in three days.)
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

At the start of the anniversary event, I opened my stash of CP against Mes Amis; included in my bounty was a 14th cover for Fury, Coulson, and Venom. I already had Fury sitting at level 229, so I could champ him and one other straight away. I picked Coulson and sold off the Venom cover, however I'm already up to ~350k ISO in the space of about 5 days.

I've also ended up with a Cage cover in my queue (from anniversary vault), so I'm just going to keep banking that ISO until it's nearly crunch time on those expiration timers.

Anyway, I'll have champed three 4*'s (ok 2.5, since Fury was halfway there) in about a week so, yes, definitely feeling that double ISO.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, feeling it, though I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of those 1k iso side nodes after I hit my max progression for Apocalypse. Been killing it in pvp so far. 500 here, 280, another 500, 140, another 500. It adds up fast.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Heck ya I feel it. I hit everything under the sun during Class of 2017 just to generate retals an gain more isos. Having boosted Medua, Grocket and StatLord/Gamora made farming iso quick, easy, and save on a lot of health packs. I had to have gained about 100K iso in one day just from the increased battles in 2017. Wasn't able to farm as much from Frank but I still got more than usual.

Daddy's got 5*s to champ!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should champ both Gamora and Cloak and Dagger, both from level 150, so I'm pretty pleased with what I've received so far. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I have really been feeling the double iso effect.  I wish we could see it a few more time per year than we do.  Once a month would be great!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    The tiny bonus for not skipping is doubled though, 60 instea of 30!!! :D
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    Daiches said:
    LR start very soon. Be patient.
    LR started now, not doubled ISO rewards  Cheap!
    Last anniversary also intercepts were doubled I think 
    Yes, last year LR and Intercept ISO were both doubled as well.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Talus9952 said:
    mexus said:
    Daiches said:
    LR start very soon. Be patient.
    LR started now, not doubled ISO rewards  Cheap!
    Last anniversary also intercepts were doubled I think 
    Yes, last year LR and Intercept ISO were both doubled as well.
    +1
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Yeah not doubling intercepts as well as lackluster pve and non doubled lit rounds leads me to regret the $200 I spent for anniversary vaults. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a follow up, I have felt it the last two days.  PVE Simulator with DoubleISO definitely adds up fast.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah I'm definitely feeling it post boss event.  I have an Invisible Woman that I was planning to sell due to ISO constraint.  Had 4 days to champ her when I dropped to ~0 after the last champ.  I'm now on the final day with about 60K needed for her.  I should be able to do that in 24 hours based on the last 60 hours.  4* champ ISO in 4 days when my normal rate is more like 10 days (I did sell a 2* for extra boost) so yeah that's about double my current rate.

Too bad it's almost over, I have 3 more 14th covers behind her with about 10-12 on all of them.  Probably only gonna be able to salvage one.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gone from ~50k to day to 85k per day during anniversary.   So yeah, the effect is there.

I mean, no it doesn't feel like that's making a dent, but it doesn't have to feel that way as long as it is; and an extra 35k per day is certainly doing so.