Double ISO - are you feeling it?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
I can't say I feel the effects of double ISO very much. The climb in PVP generated a bit more than usual but now I hit all the good point thresholds and those double ISO rewards from being victorious doesn't add much to the pile. 140 instead of 70?

We also had the boss event rolling with steady 1000 ISO / node. Is this value doubled? Are these nodes usually 500 ISO?

I thought maybe the double ISO will start giving effect when the regular story event starts but with a 48H sub I'm still looking forward to a day of PVP pittances. Maybe we'll feel it more when the sub rewards start dropping in? But at that time the double ISO event is almost over.

The DDQ rewards are nice though. :)

I'm being a tad negative here, of course I'm thankful for all the extra ISO I can get but I'm wondering if I'm downright cynical when I claim that the somehow managed to squeeze double ISO into an unusually low ISO week?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    LR start very soon. Be patient.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor

Eh yeah, I do feel the doubled iso. If only from the fact that 4-5 pvp battles -> 1000 iso. That adds up quite quickly. (And if you don't have anything better to do, you can play them all day for another week)

Boss events have always sucked as far as ISO is concerned. (mostly because you don't get your daily sub / alliance rewards) At least now you got 5*1000 iso every 8 hours.

Just look at how much time you've spent over the weekend and how much ISO you gained from it. You'll see a difference.

• elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I'm making 70k plus iso a day :) so yeah I'm feeling it 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Still not enough though and I have covers expiring so ended up selling 4x maxed 3*s in order to champion vulture (after having blown all the iso to champion lockjaw)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Definitely feeling the increase, that said I hope next year they do lightning round every day of the anniversary.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only having a boss event for PvE softens it.  It should be better now that we have a normal PvE event running.  I was feeling it but not dramatically, certainly not full double.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only thing I don't like is whenever they run double ISO they always have a 48hr sub. That's it. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    One can definitely feel the double ISO. I made around 210k in 3 days, which is quite a lot, considering the fact that we had a Boss Event for PvE. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was able to get my reserves up to 400k again. Leveled up Hobofist bc i has the ISO to do so.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Went from 650k after Gambitgate to 1.25M iso right now. Doing pretty good 
    we are all going to agree to use low level teams in LR right?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I felt it less during a boss fight. But with PvE starting up I am starting to feel it way more.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    SO MANY PURPLE CRACKROCKS
    TURN OFF THE BEES
    I CAN HEAR COLORS
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    because I am spending the iso, the moment it is enough to champ a 3*, so it does not looks like double iso (but it is noticeable in ddp).
    the other reason maybe because double iso started with boss event (which gives iso less than pve), then the first pve sub is 48 hours (even tho it is too soon to mention pve, because it is less than 24hrs for my pve bracket).

I guess we will notice more iso, in the LR.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I champed Gamora w/ 2 days to go before the cover expired, draining my iso. I'm back up to 210K a few days later, and will get enough so to champ Mordo in a couple days (3 covers on the vine). Oh yeah, I'm feeling it!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Double ISO has been great! Farm those PVP retals; don’t stop Sim when you hit 800. So far I’ve been able to champ Silver Surfer in time for his required PVE, recycle 4 2*s for the farm and planning on champing Yondu and several 3* clones for the farm before the week is done. Nothing died on vine. If pulls go well, I might be able to champ 3* Gambit and Lockjaw as well, but that might be ambitious. Will see how LRs give up the ISO
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are people making 70k+ ISO each day?  Definitely not feeling it here.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    How are people making 70k+ ISO each day?  Definitely not feeling it here.
    Before the Anniversary people were earning 30-40K per day, some even 50K. If you double that, you can easily pass 70K.  It takes participation in every event, but it can be done. 
    Even though the Boss event and now the 48 hour sub mean less opportunity for ISO in PvE, I find the extra downtime from those allows me to compete more in PvP than I normally do.  I'm certainly feeling the extra ISO.
    I champed Miles and Mordo over the weekend, brought up my low level 4*s to the max their covers allow, and built up my farm. I'm expecting to champ Clagger and Devil Dino before then end of double ISO time which will leave me with only 14 4*s who are not champed.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I am so feeling it. I've made up a good chunk of my deficit, AND managed to champ 2 4*s (one of whom was very low leveled to start with) on top of it with 2 more to go before the end of the week. One will go today, the other will be later in the week probably. Devil Dino! Why not, for chits and giggles. There's only one other character in my roster that could be an "oh tinykitty, pulled the 14th cover and I gotta go from lvl 70 to champ in 2 weeks and it's going to be tight".

With pulling out of Fan Favorites and the Anniversary vault, I decided that the extra iso in the Remy LeBeau vault looked pretty good to me and splurged on emptying that out.

But I have a ton of HP saved up and have actively been gaining more.

I've also gone out of my way to do more PVP and things because the increase in rewards is so much better that it doesn't feel like small incremental benefit for a lot of effort. That may also be a function of having most of this week's boosted list champed...
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Feeling it quite a bit. Champed Quake and Mr. Fantastic. Have covers on the vine for Nick Fury, Venom, Cyclops and Miles Morales. The Venom is likely to go by the wayside but I think I can get the others done. Without double iso it's Fury and Cyclops only and that's a best case scenario.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    It might be that I tend to do PVE more.  Just not feeling it right now.