How Many Rogue Covers Did You End Up With By the End of the SHIELD Training?

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    10 total. 
    got 1 from the vault. Don't remember breakdown. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    8 covers. I think they maybe ought to ease up on the requirements to get all the rewards - like 11 covers instead of a fully covered character, that's a bit ridiculous - but overall I'm fine w/ this. It didn't replace standard PVE, which means it's extra rewards, which means it's A-OK in my book.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    4-5

0/2/3

Leveled up to finish the 2nd node,  but decided against doing it for the 3rd. Just too much of a waste of iso for 1 cp.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qubort said:
    Borstock said:
    Why do you assume the devs expected you to fully cover and level her? That's what I don't get. I don't understand why people think it's their god-given right be able to complete every last challenge the game presents.

I think I finished with 6 covers. I completed what I could and then I moved on.
    God given right? Have some coffee buddy. He asked a simple question. He didn't post 7 paragraphs of complaints. He wanted to know how close everyone got to completion, and knowing is half the battle.
    Why do I need coffee to have a simple conversation on the internet?

And the very first thing he said was that the devs asked too much of us. He said that before he asked the question. I would say that makes it a relevant point to rebut.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I got 9 covers; one of which was a 6th yellow cover; was able to complete the penultimate node vs OML
  • Borstock
    broll said:
    Borstock said:
    Why do you assume the devs expected you to fully cover and level her? That's what I don't get. I don't understand why people think it's their god-given right be able to complete every last challenge the game presents.

I don't have a problem with some things being out of reach, the question is how out of reach is reasonable?  The forums are often referred to as the top 1% of players, right now the poll shows 2% of the forums reporting over 8 covers.  Is 0.02% of players being able to complete an event reasonable?

I think this should be scaled to where the highest requirement is more like 6-8 covers vs 13.  If the goal is so out of reach that people aren't willing to try for it, that's not going to drive sales for them outside of the people who were gonna spend regardless.  Having a reasonable goal is going to drive the people that are reasonably close to spend in order to close the gap.

That's my opinion at least.
    I don't know that there's a direct correlation between the top percent of players and those who contribute to these forums. It probably has more to do with activity than anything else. There are plenty of people on here who only started recently, but are extremely active, and that's why they can't compete. As an example, one of the things that prevented many people from advancing was that they didn't have Cyclops or Prof X or XFW to a high enough level. I'm not a big spender. I have only ever done VIP. But I have all three champed, most likely because I've been playing almost 900 days and others haven't.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for what is basically a free to play game to put rewards that really aren't essential in the first place behind what amounts to a pay wall or something only accessible to long long looooooong time players. It's not like the rewards at the end were 100 CPs or anything silly.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    1-3
    Borstock said:

This is a message to Borstock, you don't HAVE to comment on every post.
    Have a day off for Tinykitty sake.
     :p 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    1-3
    not one single cover from the training as it was a 1000 day and/or whale only event. Let's not be inclusive or anything.
  • Borstock
    edited October 2017
    Borstock said:

I don't think I do, but I work in front of a computer 9 hours a day at a data center. I have some free time on my hands. I only have 465 posts. There are people in this thread with over 1000.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I got a total of 9 covers even after entering the wrong bracket.  Yes, I could have simply used the CP to cover her and go after the LT but to me, it wasn't that crucial.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    10 total. 
    got 1 from the vault. Don't remember breakdown. 
    Rockett stole my covers.  LMAO  :D:D:D:D
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:

I don't think I do, but I work in front of a computer 9 hours a day at a data center. I have some free time on my hands. I only have 465 posts. There are people in this thread with over 1000.
    I have to agree, 465 posts is nothing. :smiley:
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    T2 placement in pve, t10 ally in pve, t5 for pvp event, and all available covers that were in progression.  I pulled one from the vault also leaving her 5/3/3.

Got her as high as possible with 0 spend and no insane luck on tokens.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    4-5
    My Rogue is at 1/2/1.

Got 1 from the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, 1 from reaching 900 in PvP, 1 from Webbed Wonder progression, and 1 from a lucky pull in the vault.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    4-5
    2/1/2

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training (1), PvE placement (1), WW progression (1), PvP progression (1), HoD token pull (1).
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Got 13 
    4 from PVE T2 placement
    2 from PVP T1 placement
    1 from ally t100 placement
    1 from prog WW pve
    1 from pvp 900 prog
    1 from Shield Training

pulled 4 40 HOD packs and got zero, stupid d3 didn’t make a vault pull with just her and got the rest from Rogue and friends vault.  Besides wasting hp on HOD vault I’m happy to have her complete, super fun char.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Extra Champ Levels
    I ended up with 16. Got lucky on pvp token for 1, reset vault and bought enough to get another 1, t2 in pve (doubled up on these rewards somehow? not sure how) for 8, t10 alliance reward for 1, t5 in cl8 pvp + progression next event for 3, then the free shield training cover for 1. The 16th cover came a little later as progression in Webbed Wonder.

Dug deep to champ her in time, but the free LT was very welcome.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    6-7
    Borstock said:

Normally I would agree with you, but this is something where they KNEW we were all starting off on the same foot. It's not like there were opportunities to actually get Rogue fully covered, because she's not in tokens yet. So for you to have Rogue fully covered, or well enough to finish that node, you would have had to drop some CP buying direct covers. My personal issue with it is that it was Rogue only, and there were level requirements, so just having Rogue wasn't enough. When they put an LT behind the 5tar Lord wall when he first came out, it was a team node so just having Star-Lord was enough, and you could leverage the rest of your roster to still complete the node. How was that an option here? No one was asking them to make the node super easy, just give us ACCESS. Why does something like access have to be behind a wall too? Saying that it's unreasonable to expect me to get enough covers on a new 4-star that isn't even in tokens yet, within a week, when there are literally no other options to get them covered well enough but CP, isn't asking for charity. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    4-5
    I didn’t have the time to push for a top 10 finish so only ended up getting 1 cover from the story mode 

picked up another couple through other places 

but the end result would not have been worth the grind anyway 

i liked the idea though and hope they do it again on a regular basis 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    6-7
    So there's talk about a Rogue cover at the end of Webbed Wonder, assumingly not the progression reward.  Is this really a thing? I got a Duck.