How Many Rogue Covers Did You End Up With By the End of the SHIELD Training?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
It may be my personal opinion that the devs asked way to much to fully cover a brand new 4* character in a week's time, but let's get some info from the forum users for review.  

I'm not sure if I can vote in my own poll, but if I can't I managed 7 covers, which still left me at least 1 short of being able to do the second to last node in the SHIELD training.

*I would have put in a vote for each cover, but apparently the forum poll rules state no more than 10 poll options.

How Many Rogue Covers Did You End Up With By the End of the SHIELD Training? 232 votes

1-3
41%
Dinobot77PuceMooseAdamMagusWonko33The FinnfirethorneIridiousshobi6669TaganovDapperChewiecarrion_pigeonsZommyGDDeNappaghandraabmorazNajboljichrisHCaptainFreakyherm1978snlf25 96 votes
4-5
21%
ThanosDragon_NexusZeiramMRStarfurygrunzadinRemoDestroyerBlerghwymtimeProfessorGumbymoss04TiggidaSquaresteakleathertdtmfswordfishdataHendrossBlindman13Arctic_OneNepenthePunisher5784 49 votes
6-7
19%
akboycePorkBellyKolenceYasurusinnerjflrixmithkillercoolMoon RoachGrumpySmurf1002PhillipesDartmaster01MagicfmftintMan_ThingLewsTherin0SendikelmPongieCT1888Doc LSteellatch 46 votes
8%
DormammuGigerHRWilsonFiskQuebbsterContinuedClockxKOBALTxrbdragonwhitecat31BullsgravelComatoseJackalaesthetocystSwishOver__FlowJarvindJHawkIncBloody_MarvelrobertbahZifnab0Avalancher 20 votes
5%
poomermonbabinrodr tinykittyloveleeleeshineDaichesZekeBarrettbeyonderbub1568heathprofessorplum9nyck1118Black DukeCharlieCroker 12 votes
1%
Piro_plockThe rockettDevorerMightfaster 4 votes
0%
LifeofAgony 1 vote
0%
0%
ThePunishers 1 vote
Extra Champ Levels
1%
LLohmAkariLordRayne 3 votes

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I got eight in the end. Finished top 20 in the release PvP, so that was one of each cover there, not counting the Alliance reward cover. Then there was the two progression rewards, the one from the SHIELD training node, and I also managed to get the cover from the vault. More than enough to do the fourth essential node.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    4-5
    4 (0/1/3)
    1 - T50 SCL7 personal PvE placement
    1 - SCL7 PvE progression
    1 - PvP progression
    1 - Training event.

Missed opportunities:
    1 - Missed the T100 PvE Alliance placement by 6 mainly due to the addition of the 5* node.
    1 - Tried to snipe T5 for PvP placement, only managed 8th.
    1 - I would usually get T20 PvE placement in a new release but the 5* node threw that off.
    1 - Didn't pull it from the Rogue and Friends vault, wasn't willing to spend anything but free tokens and 100 HP per day.  Wasn't worth chasing since it was clear from the beginning top prizes were impossible.

Even at best effort I can't see me have getting more than 8 unless I really lucked out on RNG.  Easily missed out on 2 covers due to the addition of the 5* node.

I only leveled her to 78 and did the first 2.  I could have done the third I think, but it wasn't worth the early ISO investment to me for 1 CP.  Have many much higher ISO priorities right now.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    4-5
    I got 1 from the special event, 1 from PVP, 1 from PVE progression, and 2 from PVE placement. 5 total based on work. None by RNG.

Edit: A friend told me there's a Rogue cover at the end of Webbed Wonder, so I'll have 6 once I finish it.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    6-7
    Finished with 6 covers (1-4-1 build, yay me). I've missed the cover in PvP due to lack of time and I've missed the alliance cover in Release PvE as I had to slide to scl6 and my score was not enough to merc to top50 alliance.

Pulled one of them from a vault. 

At 6 covers I could not finish the last two nodes of the Training missions so I've missed out on 10k ISO (by 200 points - not sure how that was calculated). 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    6-7
    1 from the event
    3 for top 10 placement
    1 from alliance
    1 from Webbed Wonder progression
    1 from hitting 900 in her pvp

She's at 2/2/3. So pretty balanced so far. I thought 7 was going to be enough to get that second to last node, but I'd be shy about 20 levels or so.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    6-7
    I got lucky and pulled her from the Rogue and friends vault. So 2 from placement, 1 from alliance, 1 from Webbed Wonder, 1 from shield training.
    1/3/2 right now. I only did the first 2 Rogue nodes. Didn't feel like spending 20k iso for 1 cp
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    1-3
    I got two, one from pvp and one from Howard event. 
    0/1/1/.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see an option for zero
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    4-5
    4 here at 1/1/2.

1 from HoD (I was doing pretty well in SCL 8 with a chance at Top 20 but I wasn't going to stay up until 2am for just a chance.)
    1 from progression in Webbed Wonder
    1 from SHIELD Training (and a Green at that!)
    1 from PVP progression

While I did not pull one from the Rogue and Friends vault (yet), I pulled the other 4* covers, the LT, and some 3*s just from gameplay and Daily Deal 100 HP purchases. So I will still be happy if I don't get that additional Red cover.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,796 Chairperson of the Boards
    1-3
    Two, don't bother chasing them other than pve event where I always finish t100 anyway. So I don't do extra work. Was worried about shield event, got 5k ISO which is awesome considering how little work it was. 

Would like Ike to see more of those and as I build will get further in them. Nice addition devs  :)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was able to secure more than I expected. PvP and PvE progression/placement prizes, whaling a vault with HP hoard, and some luck with tokens let me do all but the last two nodes in her SHIELD training.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    4-5
    5 Covers (1/1/3)

Training Event
    T50 Individual PvE Finish 
    T50 Alliance PvE Finish 
    Webbed Wonder Progression
    Close Contact Progression

Beat the nodes I could in the Training Event, and didn't sweat the ones I couldn't get to.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    4-5
    Borstock said:
    Why do you assume the devs expected you to fully cover and level her? That's what I don't get. I don't understand why people think it's their god-given right be able to complete every last challenge the game presents.

I think I finished with 6 covers. I completed what I could and then I moved on.
    I don't have a problem with some things being out of reach, the question is how out of reach is reasonable?  The forums are often referred to as the top 1% of players, right now the poll shows 2% of the forums reporting over 8 covers.  Is 0.02% of players being able to complete an event reasonable?

I think this should be scaled to where the highest requirement is more like 6-8 covers vs 13.  If the goal is so out of reach that people aren't willing to try for it, that's not going to drive sales for them outside of the people who were gonna spend regardless.  Having a reasonable goal is going to drive the people that are reasonably close to spend in order to close the gap.

That's my opinion at least.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    1-3
    Borstock said:
    Why do you assume the devs expected you to fully cover and level her? That's what I don't get. I don't understand why people think it's their god-given right be able to complete every last challenge the game presents.

Exactly, plus the rewards were small and not essential (like a cover for the next PvE or something)  - I finished 2 levels and moved on as well
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    6-7
    Thank you all thus far for your voting and keeping this reasonably civil.  The goal here is not only to provide devs first-hand user feedback on actual cover acquisition, but also give the forumites information.  I know the devs have some sort of internal metric where they can scan everybody's rosters and know exactly who has what, but that doesn't necessarily help us.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    1 from Shield Training
    3 from HOD
    1 Aliiance reward for HOD
    2 from preceding PVP top 5
    1 Close Contact progression
    1 Webbed Wonder progression

• Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    6-7
    Borstock said:

God given right? Have some coffee buddy. He asked a simple question. He didn't post 7 paragraphs of complaints. He wanted to know how close everyone got to completion, and knowing is half the battle.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    6-7
    6. Four from top placement in Hearts of Darkness, one from Webbed Wonder progression and one from her vault.