MPQ at Marvel.com: Gambit and MPQ 4th Anniversary (10/2/17)

13»

Comments

• Kozza123
    Kozza123 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Also looking forward to this event. New characters. New boss. Double ISO
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Does Gambit block also passive skills?
    Article says no.
  • throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    n25philly said:
    FrostKnux said:
    Five star gambit? You gotta be kidding me. You have murdered the five star division. The first fives were Phoenix and Surfer... now you have total losers as five stars like every Avenger not named Hulk, and you add Gambit? Yeah, when I think Gambit, I think oh yeah that dude is as strong as Phoenix. For sure.

I've been coming to this site for years and this finally made me post. Because it's enraging.
    Well first off * level has to do with rarity not power level.  Also if you read his first solo book you would know that gambit is in the same kind of power level as Phoenix and actually made a deal with Mr. Sinister to basically dial down his powers because they were so strong.
    I get that star level isn't supposed to equate to how hard the character is (and someone helpfully said it was a "stupid" belief above)... but 5* clearly was an indicator of some kind of power. 

Launching that tier with Surfer, then awesomest Logan, then Phoenix... not really a coincidence. Then later ones like BB, Thanos: they are pretty damn tough characters. Thanos of course got a 3*, but not before the god version launched.

This is not me saying Gambit shouldn't be 5* (I know nothing about him really), just that it's not so ridiculous to suggest 5* has been diluted a bit since it was introduced. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    There's a video from a popular youtube comic book channel that postulates Gambit has omega level powers based on an alternate reality version called New Sun.  So 5* Gambit isn't the reachiest of reaches. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    n25philly said:
    FrostKnux said:
    Five star gambit? You gotta be kidding me. You have murdered the five star division. The first fives were Phoenix and Surfer... now you have total losers as five stars like every Avenger not named Hulk, and you add Gambit? Yeah, when I think Gambit, I think oh yeah that dude is as strong as Phoenix. For sure.

I've been coming to this site for years and this finally made me post. Because it's enraging.
    Well first off * level has to do with rarity not power level.  Also if you read his first solo book you would know that gambit is in the same kind of power level as Phoenix and actually made a deal with Mr. Sinister to basically dial down his powers because they were so strong.
    I get that star level isn't supposed to equate to how hard the character is (and someone helpfully said it was a "stupid" belief above)... but 5* clearly was an indicator of some kind of power. 

Launching that tier with Surfer, then awesomest Logan, then Phoenix... not really a coincidence. Then later ones like BB, Thanos: they are pretty damn tough characters. Thanos of course got a 3*, but not before the god version launched.

This is not me saying Gambit shouldn't be 5* (I know nothing about him really), just that it's not so ridiculous to suggest 5* has been diluted a bit since it was introduced. 
    Gotta love this logic...  So I hit 3 green lights in a row on the way to work, clearly all lights are meant to be always green...  

Also you'd really say that Logan, even more so Old Man Logan who's old and powers are failing, is the same power level of Silver Surfer & Phoenix who are cosmic beings?  You state him being listed there because he's 'awesomest' so it doesn't even seem like you're even consistent with your own stance... awesomeness is not equal to power just as power is not equal to rarity...

• throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    broll said:
    n25philly said:
    FrostKnux said:

Gotta love this logic...  So I hit 3 green lights in a row on the way to work, clearly all lights are meant to be always green...  

Also you'd really say that Logan, even more so Old Man Logan who's old and powers are failing, is the same power level of Silver Surfer & Phoenix who are cosmic beings?  You state him being listed there because he's 'awesomest' so it doesn't even seem like you're even consistent with your own stance... awesomeness is not equal to power just as power is not equal to rarity...

If someone was controlling the lights, and intentionally set 100% of them to green? Yes.  

The Logan thing is a fair point, but he's definitely "epic" as per the game categorisation. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suppose you could argue that Old Man Logan is a 5* on the basis that he manages to outlive all of the other X-Men, so he is sort of like Yoda, even if his best days are behind him.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    It's too bad we haven't gotten more info yet. I do recall the team is at a show/con though. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    After looking at Gambit passive, I think he will be useless if you have only one cover for his black and do not have his red and/or purple covers (especially if the Gambit you have is a 5*) since you can't use your other team member's purple and red and Gambit's himself does not have purple and red cover. All the purple and red AP he generated and you collected and can't use a all (unless of course he is stunned, airborne, KO).
  • Rick_OShay
    Plus, we don't even know the rates he earns this AP yet. At 1 cover, it may well be 1 red 1 purple each turn. It could take 4 covers in black before he earns 3 AP each turn in either color. Who knows?
    Oh, @Brigby does!
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    wingX said:
    After looking at Gambit passive, I think he will be useless if you have only one cover for his black and do not have his red and/or purple covers (especially if the Gambit you have is a 5*) since you can't use your other team member's purple and red and Gambit's himself does not have purple and red cover. All the purple and red AP he generated and you collected and can't use a all (unless of course he is stunned, airborne, KO).
    Nope... read more closely...

"Josh Austin: Gambit gets a little selfish with Stacked Deck and will actually block an ally from using a red or purple power—this happens only if the player has a cover in either purple and/or red."
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plus, we don't even know the rates he earns this AP yet. At 1 cover, it may well be 1 red 1 purple each turn. It could take 4 covers in black before he earns 3 AP each turn in either color. Who knows?
    Oh, @Brigby does!
    The Shadow knows!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I suppose you could argue that Old Man Logan is a 5* on the basis that he manages to outlive all of the other X-Men, so he is sort of like Yoda, even if his best days are behind him.
    Hmm...I actually love this comparison...except he's sort of like Vader, in a way. You know, because of the REASON he outlived them LOL
  • Rick_OShay
    Apocalypse info is now in-game!
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby will CS swap duplicate covers from the Mes Amis store? 
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Definitely a AP generating character.

https://youtu.be/t-EUDF2Lglo
  • Dunamis101
    edited October 2017
    From testing him out for a bit, I believe his best builds to be 544 of 445.

Him and Blackbolt make a obnoxious tinykitty of a team.

For 4* pairings Rogue and Wasp with Gambit are death to even 5 star teams. You may store up blue due to no outlet, but if the opposing characters strongest color is blue and you fire rogues green...

#Insta-tinykittyed
  • Dunamis101
    edited October 2017
    Gambit team synergy

https://youtu.be/2ST0gn8A2K4

• Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Oh, @Brigby does!
    U do know we can just read his stats of each skill level to find out.

thats how I got details of the character even without getting the character for the videos.

if ur still wondering its
    Purple - Red
    2 - 0
    2 - 1
    2 - 2
    3 - 2
    3 - 3
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    jamesh said:
    mexus said:
    Does Gambit block also passive skills?
    Article says no.
    At the end of the video u can see X23 still healing and Bullseye still creating protection tiles while Gambit is around.
    :)

https://youtu.be/hVCD594dNzo

Rajin Cajun:
    A nice skill to get rid of enemy PAS tiles
    It doesn't do extra damage like Daredevil or Bullseye
    But at least it'll cut them short.

Aces & Eight:
    A mere attack skill that at most do 500+ damage
    Also charges tiles to be targeted by the skill next.
    Damage cause by tile may be taken account, that's why he hits the charged tiles to do more damage.
    Tiles hit will generate AP, charged tiles generate more as usual.

Stacked Cards:
    Passively increases purple and red colours
    However it only benefits him because this skill prevents other skills of the same colour from being used.
    Not sure if black is effected, as the stack skill is black itself.
    Passive skills however still works.
    As shown here X23 healing (Red) and Bullseye adamantium bones (Purple) still work.