MPQ at Marvel.com: Gambit and MPQ 4th Anniversary (10/2/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Celebrate Marvel Puzzle Quest's 4th Anniversary with the X-Men comic's coolest card shark.
Check out both 3 & 5-Star Gambit here: Gambit (Modern) and Gambit (Classic)

Comments

• RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Finally...Double-ISO...HAS COME BACK...to MPQ!!!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find this most interesting:

We ran a survey earlier in the game for players to vote on their favorite characters. The 12 most popular 4-Star Characters and 8 most popular 5-Stars will be featured in a special store with increased odds. 

Interested to see who the 20 characters are.

Also excited for new boss event and can't wait to hear more!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Gambit's store, will CS do swaps for OML or PHX like they did for the Cosmic Legendary store?  IIRC, they didn't do swaps for Panther in the DD store.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby who are the 8 5* and 12 4* characters that will be in the special token?

also any information on the contents of the anniversary vault?  Thanks!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby, for the customers choice LT store, will they swap the covers if we pull a duplicate cover for 5*? 

i think that is the most important question on our mind, ok, my mind right now. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it sounds like a boss event is after Webbed Wonder. If the 4* rewarded is Vulture or Teen Jean then that would be amazing.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good. I was hoping for a Apocalypse boss back when I the movie came out. Guessing the side-missions will have lots of Daken, Mystique, Magneto, and... uh, Daken?
    Sad to see lazy 3/5, but at least 5 looks noticably stronger.
    Danger Room Versus? How is it different from Children of the Atom?
    Let's be Frank!? If you're doing 4* Versus, why not an X-men one? It's been so long, pretty sure players will forgive you for near-complete X-Men saturation.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a fan of a 3 and a 5 star as for me, I'm in 4 star territory so i really don't want to waste a slot on either. 

I hope vulture is a featured favorite as mine is almost done.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay for double iso!!!!

Kinda disappointed that classic gambit isn't the 3 star...I don't even know what modern gambit looks like lol.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    smkspy said:
    I don't even know what modern gambit looks like lol.
    Modern Gambit is just a pic of Channing Tatum

also, I start with the complains, why the double iso week begins with a boss event...
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    The moment it sets in that you dumped your CP hoard to cover Thanos as best you could because they're just not adding Mutants to the game...only to cover Star Lord, a character you despise because he's part of the forced GotG/Inhumans push...

And then the 5* Gambit cover store comes with increased odds for Logan and Jean.

I think they just sucked the fun out of the game for me. Hope Anniversary is better for the rest of you.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I can't find the part in the article where the level cap for shield ranks has been increased from 125.
  • FrostKnux
    FrostKnux Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Five star gambit? You gotta be kidding me. You have murdered the five star division. The first fives were Phoenix and Surfer... now you have total losers as five stars like every Avenger not named Hulk, and you add Gambit? Yeah, when I think Gambit, I think oh yeah that dude is as strong as Phoenix. For sure.

I've been coming to this site for years and this finally made me post. Because it's enraging.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    zodiac339 said:
    Let's be Frank!? If you're doing 4* Versus, why not an X-men one? It's been so long, pretty sure players will forgive you for near-complete X-Men saturation.
    I believe The Punisher Netflix show releases sometime in October
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Beer40 said:
    The moment it sets in that you dumped your CP hoard to cover Thanos as best you could because they're just not adding Mutants to the game...only to cover Star Lord, a character you despise because he's part of the forced GotG/Inhumans push...

And then the 5* Gambit cover store comes with increased odds for Logan and Jean.

I think they just sucked the fun out of the game for me. Hope Anniversary is better for the rest of you.
    Yeah, kinda disappointed about Phoenix simply cause I have a fully covered version, but get why they included her since this new multiple 5 star store is going to be a thing.

@FrostKnux,

5 star is not about in-universe power, it's about rarity simple as that. Looking at it from your view, many many 4 star shouldn't be 4s because they are not strong enough.
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Questions for @Brigby

1. 5* Gambit Rajin' Cajun (Purple): if the enemy team has no special tiles, will he create countdown out of basic tiles?
    2. 5* Gambit Aces & Eights (Red): since the damage dealt is so much greater for "random" charged tiles destroyed, will the power default to destroying charged tiles and ONLY destroy basic tiles if there are no/not enough charged tiles?
    3. Will CS exchange duplicate covers from the Players Choice store?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Questions for @Brigby

1. 5* Gambit Rajin' Cajun (Purple): if the enemy team has no special tiles, will he create countdown out of basic tiles?
    2. 5* Gambit Aces & Eights (Red): since the damage dealt is so much greater for "random" charged tiles destroyed, will the power default to destroying charged tiles and ONLY destroy basic tiles if there are no/not enough charged tiles?
    3. Will CS exchange duplicate covers from the Players Choice store?
    Almost exact question set I was going to post. 
    Any chance Gambit's purple can replace enemy CD's as part of the Special Tiles requisite? This would be great vs Panthos etc.

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Dude, I'm so looking forward to 5* Gambit. Hopefully my hoard will be ready while he's still in Latest.

That black passive looks amaze-balls. Everyone's always wanted an AP generating goon on their team. Now Gambit gets 3 red and 3 purple every turn to fuels his own powers? That's crazy! Teams well with charged tile makers. BB/SS/Gambit new dominating 5* team?

EDIT: He'd also be great with everyone's favorite, Thanos/BP. Just can't fire Thanos' purple, which isn't that useful anyways.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    smkspy said:
    Beer40 said:

Yeah, kinda disappointed about Phoenix simply cause I have a fully covered version, but get why they included her since this new multiple 5 star store is going to be a thing.

@FrostKnux,

5 star is not about in-universe power, it's about rarity simple as that. Looking at it from your view, many many 4 star shouldn't be 4s because they are not strong enough.
    Are you trying to tell me that Peggy Carter ISN'T really four times as strong as Juggernaut?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Trying to think of teammates that could stun him or send him airborne to disable his passive temporarily, but all I can come up with is:

Punisher: Doesn't work because he stuns both allies and doesn't use red or purple.
    Gwenpool. Can use her purple. Decent.
    Thano5: Can get his purple out, I guess? Eh.
    Colossus: Works well but is it really worth bringing him when his powers suck and his black costs a ton?

It's almost like they planned it this way.