MPQ at Marvel.com: Gambit and MPQ 4th Anniversary (10/2/17)

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    So it sounds like a boss event is after Webbed Wonder. If the 4* rewarded is Vulture or Teen Jean then that would be amazing.
    It needs to be Jean, she's the only one capable of beating Apocalypse in movie canon.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    2 Gambits? I didn't even want 1 Gambit. :/ 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    So it sounds like a boss event is after Webbed Wonder. If the 4* rewarded is Vulture or Teen Jean then that would be amazing.
    It needs to be Jean, she's the only one capable of beating Apocalypse in movie canon.
    Magneto killed him in the comics, though.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    FrostKnux said:
    Five star gambit? You gotta be kidding me. You have murdered the five star division. The first fives were Phoenix and Surfer... now you have total losers as five stars like every Avenger not named Hulk, and you add Gambit? Yeah, when I think Gambit, I think oh yeah that dude is as strong as Phoenix. For sure.

I've been coming to this site for years and this finally made me post. Because it's enraging.
    Yawn.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    This showed up on Facebook detailing the events planned for the anniversary.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Questions for @Brigby

1. 5* Gambit Rajin' Cajun (Purple): if the enemy team has no special tiles, will he create countdown out of basic tiles?

A dev on Discord said that the Purple prioritizes specials, then hits basic.

Not sure about the other question.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    FrostKnux said:
    Five star gambit? You gotta be kidding me. You have murdered the five star division. The first fives were Phoenix and Surfer... now you have total losers as five stars like every Avenger not named Hulk, and you add Gambit? Yeah, when I think Gambit, I think oh yeah that dude is as strong as Phoenix. For sure.

I've been coming to this site for years and this finally made me post. Because it's enraging.
    Sounds like someone has never heard of New Sun. You know, the version of Gambit with his powers fully realized that KILLED the Phoenix.

Even if star-level had anything to do with power level (it doesn't, never has, it's always been a stupid complaint), you picked a really bad 5* to complain about.
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    Questions for @Brigby

1. 5* Gambit Rajin' Cajun (Purple): if the enemy team has no special tiles, will he create countdown out of basic tiles?

A dev on Discord said that the Purple prioritizes specials, then hits basic.

Not sure about the other question.
    Thanks.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    scottee said:
    Dude, I'm so looking forward to 5* Gambit. Hopefully my hoard will be ready while he's still in Latest.

That black passive looks amaze-balls. Everyone's always wanted an AP generating goon on their team. Now Gambit gets 3 red and 3 purple every turn to fuels his own powers? That's crazy! Teams well with charged tile makers. BB/SS/Gambit new dominating 5* team?

EDIT: He'd also be great with everyone's favorite, Thanos/BP. Just can't fire Thanos' purple, which isn't that useful anyways.
    Same here.  I'm thinking Hawkeye and Coulson would be fun too
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Yay for double iso!!!!

Kinda disappointed that classic gambit isn't the 3 star...I don't even know what modern gambit looks like lol.
    There's a picture of him in the article. That's the modern version. Basically he has a newer coat and no band over his head :smile:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Good. I was hoping for a Apocalypse boss back when I the movie came out. Guessing the side-missions will have lots of Daken, Mystique, Magneto, and... uh, Daken?
    Sad to see lazy 3/5, but at least 5 looks noticably stronger.
    Danger Room Versus? How is it different from Children of the Atom?
    Let's be Frank!? If you're doing 4* Versus, why not an X-men one? It's been so long, pretty sure players will forgive you for near-complete X-Men saturation.
    Daken, Mystique, Magneto and Juggernaut I would guess.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    smkspy said:
    Yay for double iso!!!!

Kinda disappointed that classic gambit isn't the 3 star...I don't even know what modern gambit looks like lol.
    There's a picture of him in the article. That's the modern version. Basically he has a newer coat and no band over his head :smile:
    Thanks, I missed it cause of having to scroll thru the photos manually. 

Pretty lame modern costume, they could have gone with plenty of his better reworks over the years. His X-Treme X-Men uniform was pretty cool ircc. Edit: that was pretty similar to the modern one. 

Need to find the image, but one of thing of is a toned down version of his classic costume. Purple chest, but all black pants with black boots.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    smkspy said:
    Yay for double iso!!!!

Thanks, I missed it cause of having to scroll thru the photos manually. 

Pretty lame modern costume, they could have gone with plenty of his better reworks over the years. His X-Treme X-Men uniform was pretty cool ircc. Edit: that was pretty similar to the modern one. 

Need to find the image, but one of thing of is a toned down version of his classic costume. Purple chest, but all black pants with black boots.
    I guess his X-treme custom was too similar with the classic and they wanted a bigger difference (see Star-Lord 5* and 3*). 
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Very exciting news! And I'm glad Gambit will be a 3* too, you know, someone that have a chance to max cover in a few months rather than years (5*)  ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know, it would have been quite fun if they had swapped over some of the character covers for the Apocalypse event with Age of Apocalypse ones, like they did with the Women of Power and Monster ones.
  • stephmorris
    stephmorris Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    All of this is great but......where and when does Nightcrawler come in?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would guess 10/12 or 10/19.  I would like it to be 10/12 or 10/26 personally, we'll see.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would guess the next 4* release after the boss event, probably during a rerun in mid October.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    FrostKnux said:

Well first off * level has to do with rarity not power level.  Also if you read his first solo book you would know that gambit is in the same kind of power level as Phoenix and actually made a deal with Mr. Sinister to basically dial down his powers because they were so strong.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby when will we be getting a break down on Xmen v Apocalypse?