2 events after the release of CL9 and......

13»

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if the word is out about CL9 and its 5-Star node, and most CL9 eligible players are purposefully avoiding it because the top end nodes get too hard too quickly for most rosters? 

I am avoiding it because of the time investment VS rewards issue.  The extra time it takes for full clears is not worth the slight uptick in rewards to me.

I mean, CL9 opens up at a pretty low CL Requirement to begin with.  It could easily be almost double and it still might be too low.  Just because someone has a high CL doesn't mean they have usable 5-Stars or numerous Champed 4-Stars.  Cover acquisition is almost totally RNG (and it is for 5-Stars), so two player with the same mid to high CL will have noticeably different rosters.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if the word is out about CL9 and its 5-Star node, and most CL9 eligible players are purposefully avoiding it because the top end nodes get too hard too quickly for most rosters? 

I am avoiding it because of the time investment VS rewards issue.  The extra time it takes for full clears is not worth the slight uptick in rewards to me.

I mean, CL9 opens up at a pretty low CL Requirement to begin with.  It could easily be almost double and it still might be too low.  Just because someone has a high CL doesn't mean they have usable 5-Stars or numerous Champed 4-Stars.  Cover acquisition is almost totally RNG (and it is for 5-Stars), so two player with the same mid to high CL will have noticeably different rosters.
    It's not so much that it's too hard but that it takes too much time
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, the time breaks down like this:

CL7 - 25 minute initial and final clears
    CL8 - 45 minute initial and final clears
    CL9 - 75 minute initial and final clears - and that's if I don't run out of health packs for the 5* node

So I can do CL9, but I don't want to do it competitively.  I don't have that kind of time each night.  So I'll drop down to CL7 or CL8 depending on availability.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Lol, i dont even need Rogue cuz in after she gets in LTs, i will be getting tons of her duplicates (like now with Groot i had to promote, or Sandman i dont have ISO for) :D
    SCL 7 has the best time/reward ratio for many players... maybe for all of us.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:
    For me, the time breaks down like this:

CL7 - 25 minute initial and final clears
    CL8 - 45 minute initial and final clears
    CL9 - 75 minute initial and final clears - and that's if I don't run out of health packs for the 5* node

So I can do CL9, but I don't want to do it competitively.  I don't have that kind of time each night.  So I'll drop down to CL7 or CL8 depending on availability.
    That's a pretty good rundown really.  

25 minutes per final & initial clear sounds like a reasonable investment just in general.  After all, there is still DDQ, PVP, and Season Sim to spend time in if for some reason a player does a clear "too quickly".  So it's not like there isn't enough other things to do.

I did attempt CL9 when Spider-Man was the 5-Star, and it probably took me more than 75 min cause he is nowhere near usable, so I spent a ton of time on those nodes.
    Maybe that's why I don't think I'll play CL9 for a long time.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I've been playing CL9 and pretty happy with it, even though 75-90 minute clears are normal.  For me I can place t50 for a 4* cover, but t10 in 7/8 wasn't possible because I don't have a 5* champed Thanos.  CL9 t50 is possible without even doing full clears, so you can do some clears early or late.  I also like the challenge of the CL9 5* node.  

It probably isnt isn't the best reward/time ratio, but it's definitely more rewards for more time, and I think it's more fun.

In a 3 day event I'm getting an extra 4* cover, and an extra 10 CP.  Now if only my alliance could get t10 for that extra LT. :)
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    CT1888 said:
    Hadronic said:
    Hadronic said:

Or, alternatively once you get first in a given SCL you have officially beat it and the game locks you out from that point on and forces you to go higher
    One of the worst ideas ever posted.

Youre assuming everyone who finishes first, in all brackets, in all scls, is qualified for a higher scl. Sorry unwary 3* player, the prize for having worked your tinykitty off is being locked out of your highest available scl. Winning!

Also, this is the equivalent of saying, slum all you want, just dont take first. Or second, or whatever, wherever you set a line.

This would be a band-aid. Need prevention, not afterthoughts.
    Has anyone ever told you that you over analyse things? hahaha

You've seen his frankly awesome graphs, right? Of course he over analyses stuff.
    That was the joke man. I've seen his posts.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    The 5star node is a good team composition at lvl 515. multiple 5star Champs isn't enough to beat that at a comfortable rate unless you added another 50 or so covers in champ levels.
    They're beatable with combos sometimes but the level is still a good amount too high for my taste.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5star node is a good team composition at lvl 515. multiple 5star Champs isn't enough to beat that at a comfortable rate unless you added another 50 or so covers in champ levels.
    They're beatable with combos sometimes but the level is still a good amount too high for my taste.
    They aren't beatable with combos just some of the time, Hawkeye/Coulson beat them virtually every time.  Yeah, it's slow, but I'll take slow over wiping 3 times every day of the week.  If the node is extra hard, like the royal family one, then boost red/blue/all AP to jumpstart Hawkeye.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards

Figured so, I just wanted to take the opportunity to point out how freakin awesome some of his graphs are.
    Hadronic said:
    CT1888 said:
    Hadronic said:
    Hadronic said:

Or, alternatively once you get first in a given SCL you have officially beat it and the game locks you out from that point on and forces you to go higher
    One of the worst ideas ever posted.

Youre assuming everyone who finishes first, in all brackets, in all scls, is qualified for a higher scl. Sorry unwary 3* player, the prize for having worked your tinykitty off is being locked out of your highest available scl. Winning!

Also, this is the equivalent of saying, slum all you want, just dont take first. Or second, or whatever, wherever you set a line.

This would be a band-aid. Need prevention, not afterthoughts.
    Has anyone ever told you that you over analyse things? hahaha

You've seen his frankly awesome graphs, right? Of course he over analyses stuff.
    That was the joke man. I've seen his posts.

• Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Omega Red said:
    On principle, there's no reason why top players with champed five stars should play anything but scl 8/9. Of course, the meta doesn't follow that principle. 
    Would that be a moral or ethical principle? Some other kind?

The only guiding principle I follow in MPQ is efficiency. RoTI.

The game's design and the SCL scheme fail to conspire to make time spent in SCL 9 the most lucrative use of my time.

Until it does, I won't be there much.
    The principle of RPG games where the point is to level up your characters to take on bigger challenges and win better rewards. Not to go back and keep crushing/farming on the same low-level enemies.

Of course, since the rewards don't scale accordingly, most of us end up playing pve below our level.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Orion said:
    They aren't beatable with combos just some of the time, Hawkeye/Coulson beat them virtually every time.  Yeah, it's slow, but I'll take slow over wiping 3 times every day of the week.  If the node is extra hard, like the royal family one, then boost red/blue/all AP to jumpstart Hawkeye.
    'Hawkeye' being the Keyword here. Mine is only at 5 covers. The 6 5stars I have champed just died most of the time. Better luck with 4star champ combos but still very very painful. Scaling at that level is just insane.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    SCL9 made me actually enjoy PVE!!!!  i dont have to compete and just play for progression, but still the rewards are worth it.  challenge beating the 5* node with a 1 cover essential put the puzzle back in puzzle quest (while waiting for gauntlet n simulator)

every day is potential 5 cp just by winning 2x in the 5 * Essential, and 4x each in the 4essntial n final non-essential nodes.    

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,778 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually play SCL8 and dabbled in SCL9 but the time commitment is more than I want to give for the rewards returned. I can optimal clear SCL7 much faster so I'll stay here for personal preference and for best contribution to my alliance. Until I can 4x clear in 30 minutes and end grind in less than 15 minutes, I'm not moving anywhere
    And that is why I said the second the new scaling came out that sub 30 clears should never have been allowed to happen for so long without a new CL ready to go. People have become so used to not playing the game or playing with any challenges they have dumbed down the whole experience. 

So so they either bring back old scaling.
    Nerf thanos
    Lock out rosters from certain CL. No one above for example 100 in CL 7. 
    Double Iso CL9.