2 events after the release of CL9 and......

Comments

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Zelmourn said:
    How bout this for a fix. Implement a maximum level that is allowed in each SCL.

Or, alternatively once you get first in a given SCL you have officially beat it and the game locks you out from that point on and forces you to go higher
    If your saying that they should lock out characters based on their rarity (stars) or by how high of a level they are based on the CL you chose, this could be kinda interesting. Though it does eradicate the ability for anyone to do a min/max deal unless they are a tad generous on it. For CL 6 i could see banning all 5 star chars and perhaps limiting the 4* to ones that aren't above lvl 200 or so. 

Your idea for locking a person out after getting first would mean that eventually some people wouldn't be able to play the game and if there is a "cool down" or something to when you can compete in that level again it just forces them into a weaker bracket if they are min/maxing thus continuing the problem when hundreds (maybe thousands?) of people do it across all the CL's. 

Just some thoughts

Well the highest SCL wouldn't lock you out obviously. Just 1 through 8 currently was what I was thinking.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I'm in 6 for one simple reason: no 5* required.  

I would rather be in 7 or 8, but it's idiotic for me to play there with a missing character.   So I'm stuck in 6, and yes I'll probably t10 at worst just from my speed.  
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I'm in a different camp. As someone who mainly goes for progression, the 5*, when I have it, helps get to my goals much easier each week.

I gave up on ranking rewards a long time ago.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    This ^ once again proves that Story mode ain't really a PVE mode. 
    You compete for rewards against other players and the competition got harder now with super-players exploiting the clearance levels for easier placements and stealing our poor suckers' goodies. 
    But it should be we already have a pvp mode, Story mode is just a way to reward people less, make the thread mill longer. 
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    On principle, there's no reason why top players with champed five stars should play anything but scl 8/9. Of course, the meta doesn't follow that principle. 
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Omega Red said:
    On principle, there's no reason why top players with champed five stars should play anything but scl 8/9. Of course, the meta doesn't follow that principle. 
    I'm playing down in CL6 with many champed 5 stars because the current setup forces any high roster to play that way without the essential 5 star on new releases.

I want to win 3-4 Rogue covers and without 5Ock, this is the highest CL that does not require him. I did play optimally in CL9 for last PVE without 5Spidey and placed #32 which won't earn as many covers this time.

Bottom line is that some of us would rather play in a higher CL, but for new releases where covers are more important than a little more ISO or CP, you will find many top-end players moving to CL6 based on the current structure.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Kevmcg said:
    Omega Red said:
    I'm playing down in CL6 with many champed 5 stars because the current setup forces any high roster to play that way without the essential 5 star on new releases.

I want to win 3-4 Rogue covers and without 5Ock, this is the highest CL that does not require him. I did play optimally in CL9 for last PVE without 5Spidey and placed #32 which won't earn as many covers this time.

Bottom line is that some of us would rather play in a higher CL, but for new releases where covers are more important than a little more ISO or CP, you will find many top-end players moving to CL6 based on the current structure.

Thank you. That means I get an easier placement in scl 8 while you drop down to terrorize the weaker rosters. This is why characters need to get whacked to lower levels to compete in lower clearance levels.

Similar to Pokemon games limiting some legendary Pokemon and lowering the level of all of them to 50 for certain competitions.

Your advantage to dropping down in scl should be roster diversity. Not being able to beat every node by turn 3.
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I play sl8 and I have all 5*s but have never invested any iso into them.  So far I have found that the two boosted 4*s are enough to beat the 5* node with my weak 5*s.  I find it interesting that people are willing to drop down so far to avoid them.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    dstann said:
    I play sl8 and I have all 5*s but have never invested any iso into them.  So far I have found that the two boosted 4*s are enough to beat the 5* node with my weak 5*s.  I find it interesting that people are willing to drop down so far to avoid them.
    Worth noting, it's not a concern of losing to the team, it's a concern of losing time.

Just because work made me miss the opening I waited a for a new bracket and yesterday caught a fresh one in CL7. The time I'm spending not fighting lvl 4-- or 5-- characters makes playing the game more enjoyable, even if I've given up about a dozen CP.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    dstann said:
    The 5* node in SL8 and SL9 are very different beasts, especially when you get to the 5th clear.  Characters and strategies for level 405 enemies are often destroyed by level 515's.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker

tiomono said:
    Kevmcg said:
    Omega Red said:

Thank you. That means I get an easier placement in scl 8 while you drop down to terrorize the weaker rosters. This is why characters need to get whacked to lower levels to compete in lower clearance levels
    If he was in SCL 8 you were gonna get an easier placement anyways because it sounds like you have Oc and he said he doesn't.  You will have thousands of points advantage over anyone without Oc even if you fight him once per sub. 
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    I am a strictly four star player and ranked first in the past two PVE events in SCL7.  Ranking high is more about skill and correctly estimating how much time you will need.  But yeah I will only be top 10 for the Hearts of Darkness PVE.  Still good for three covers.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Hadronic said:

Or, alternatively once you get first in a given SCL you have officially beat it and the game locks you out from that point on and forces you to go higher
    One of the worst ideas ever posted.

Youre assuming everyone who finishes first, in all brackets, in all scls, is qualified for a higher scl. Sorry unwary 3* player, the prize for having worked your tinykitty off is being locked out of your highest available scl. Winning!

Also, this is the equivalent of saying, slum all you want, just dont take first. Or second, or whatever, wherever you set a line.

This would be a band-aid. Need prevention, not afterthoughts.
    Has anyone ever told you that you over analyse things? hahaha

So I will admit, I thought the idea up in like 3 seconds and just typed it out. I did not think out all the little details of how it would work exactly. Why should I? That's the Dev's jobs, they get paid to do that.

I simply thought to myself, what if there was some way to "beat" a clearance level at which point the game would force you to move up. Clearly there are some issues that would have to be worked out as your analysis points out, but I don't know if that constitutes it as worst idea ever.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I'm playing in SCL 9 for the first time ever in the Webbed Wonder event. Took out the first 3 rounds of the 5* essential with a 255 purple cover DD, 451 Star Lord, and 381 boosted Carol. Crashed and burned two or three times after that with the same team. I requested Deadpool team ups from my alliance, and decided to give it a go actually using my 255 Deadpool while waiting. Beat it on try four by using the B/P and All AP boosts and dropping "all the whales". 

So I lost my SCL 9 virginity. Instead of getting the dude experience, "This is great! I wanna go again!" I got the likely female experience, "That was not worth it".

Bye bye SCL 9. I won't see you anytime soon after this event.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    Hadronic said:

Youre assuming everyone who finishes first, in all brackets, in all scls, is qualified for a higher scl. Sorry unwary 3* player, the prize for having worked your tinykitty off is being locked out of your highest available scl. Winning!

Also, this is the equivalent of saying, slum all you want, just dont take first. Or second, or whatever, wherever you set a line.

You've seen his frankly awesome graphs, right? Of course he over analyses stuff.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    You can forget t50 without the latest 5* in scl7. Las event i had a 1 cover ock and smashed past the final provression reward by over 20k and thats without bothering to do the last sub more than 5 times each node and non optimal play (just play when i can) and i landed at 35 overall. Now without ock you can deduct nearly 10k or more off my total and will stop you getting t50. Im thinking about scl 8 as it hp i want the most but my 4 star roster isnt good enough :/ kinda sucky
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I've played SC9 all 3 events so far, first 2 just doing 6 clears for progression, not very optimally.  Still got a 4* cover out of them because of the broader availability in CL9.  For the Rogue release I got top 20 for 3 covers.  I love how I didn't need to hit top 10 to do that.

BUT for Webbed Wonder I went back down to CL8.  It's not to try to get top placement awards, it's just a matter of time commitment.  CL9 clears take much more time for my roster than CL8 does, and this week I don't have the time for it.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I usually play SCL8 and dabbled in SCL9 but the time commitment is more than I want to give for the rewards returned. I can optimal clear SCL7 much faster so I'll stay here for personal preference and for best contribution to my alliance. Until I can 4x clear in 30 minutes and end grind in less than 15 minutes, I'm not moving anywhere
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    Hadronic said:
    Hadronic said:

You've seen his frankly awesome graphs, right? Of course he over analyses stuff.
    He does, but I find this meme is generally true about his analysis':

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    9 is the way to go at this point.  My bracket has been open for about 24 hours and it isn't even full.  I placed top 30 without optimal clears (only green checks, didnt finish essential nodes until 3 hours before close) and without DD