Annoying terminology.

13»

Comments

• Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Dormammu said:
    Though I've never used them, I actually like 'sword' and 'fist'. I sometimes mix up strike and attack - those words are too similar (I'm going to attack you, I'm going to strike you) and my brain will lose track of which is which. Sword and fist are very distinctive.

I've been playing since shortly after day one, and I still confuse them from time to time.
    Strike and Sword both begin with "s". That's the  only way I've been able to remember which is which. 
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The way I remember it is strike tiles are the good ones that everybody likes, so people talk about them a lot more so you hear the name more often. Nobody cares about attack tiles.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way I remember it is strike tiles are the good ones that everybody likes, so people talk about them a lot more so you hear the name more often. Nobody cares about attack tiles.
    I set off some attack tiles and did 20k damage this morning. Don't underestimate attack tiles.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Though I've never used them, I actually like 'sword' and 'fist'. I sometimes mix up strike and attack - those words are too similar (I'm going to attack you, I'm going to strike you) and my brain will lose track of which is which. Sword and fist are very distinctive.

I've been playing since shortly after day one, and I still confuse them from time to time.
    Strike and Sword both begin with "s". That's the  only way I've been able to remember which is which. 
    Helpful.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    I set off some attack tiles and did 20k damage this morning. Don't underestimate attack tiles.
    Your attack tiles were probably being powered up by strike tiles. :^)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do you "Form a team of Rogue" (or other characters)? Mister Sinister clones?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    How do you "Form a team of Rogue" (or other characters)? Mister Sinister clones?
    The first time I saw that, it was Moon Knight, and I have to say, "Form a Team of Moon Knight" makes a lot more sense than most of the others ;)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    TOONS.

That makes me roll over in my grave. Also, it has put me in a grave.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    biryon said:
    I hate how "HP" can refer to any one of 3 totally different things in MPQ, making me have to reread sentences because they don't make any sense the first time I read them.

I'm pretty sure this is why people call Hero Points "coins", because there's already HP for Hit Points and Health Packs. Also, since the art clearly shows that they're gold coins, I don't have a problem with the whole "coins" bit.

People who call them "toons" on the other hand, I hope they all find themselves matched up against Medusa and Carnage forever.

I bought some HP with HP yesterday, because my characters were low on HP.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Straycat said:
    Sword, Fist, Shield tiles, instead of strike, attack, and protect. The piecing together articles often say strength tiles instead of strike.

It baffles me how the devs get this wrong like 90% of the time. It doesn't even make sense - strike tiles are the swords, and when you hear "strength tiles" you immediately think of the fist, which are attack tiles.

Ugh.
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    abmoraz said:
    Yinz are a bunch a jags.  Typos don't matter, as long as the message gets through.  Behold:

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Never try to do that in German or it will quite definitely be unreadable.
  • DAZ0273
    magltheuansr = manslaughter was quite tough.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread has gone off the rails.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Hendross said:
    Pink instead of purple *duck*
    I drew the duck purple because I've never seen a purple duck before, and to be honest with you, I wanted to see a purple duck
  • DAZ0273
    STRIKE tiles, people, how hard is it?!!?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad said:
    Hendross said:
    Pink instead of purple *duck*
    I drew the duck purple because I've never seen a purple duck before, and to be honest with you, I wanted to see a purple duck
     That's quack-tastic!