R136 Release Notes (9/25/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R136 update!

What's Changed
  • Logging out of Google Play on Android devices during the early stages of the game will no longer leave the player in an unresponsive state.
  • Story Event missions that do not recover points will no longer display the points counter after it has been completed.
  • Tiles destroyed by the a line clear from a Match-4 or greater are now considered "Destroyed" instead of "Matched". Special tiles that specifically react off of matches will no longer react if the tile is destroyed by the line clear from a Match-4 or greater.
  • Character covers are formatted correctly in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply screen
  • Countdown tiles that deal damage each turn will no longer do so if they are locked.
  • Colossus (Classic)'s power Colossal Punch will only deal additional damage when he is in front.
  • Tiles converted to Green from an opposing Daken's power Chemical Reaction will no longer disarm friendly Trap tiles.
  • Medusa (Inhuman Queen)'s power Hair Meddle can now shuffle Fortified tiles.
In addition, if you are an iOS 7 user, then please read the Important News for iOS 7 Users announcement.

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Here are the Pre-Release Notes for the upcoming R136 update!

What's Changed
    • Logging out of Google Play on Android devices during the early stages of the game will no longer leave the player in an unresponsive state.
    • Story Event missions that do not recover points will no longer display the points counter after it has been completed.
    • Tiles destroyed by the a line clear from a Match-4 or greater are now considered "Destroyed" instead of "Matched". Special tiles that specifically react off of matches will no longer react if the tile is destroyed by the line clear from a Match-4 or greater.
    • Character covers are formatted correctly in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply screen
    • Countdown tiles that deal damage each turn will no longer do so if they are locked.
    • Colossus (Classic)'s power Colossal Punch will only deal additional damage when he is in front.
    • Tiles converted to Green from an opposing Daken's power Chemical Reaction will no longer disarm friendly Trap tiles.
    • Medusa (Inhuman Queen)'s power Hair Meddle can now shuffle Fortified tiles.
    In addition, if you are an iOS 7 user, then please read the Important News for iOS 7 Users announcement.
    Medusa got a buff? 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa got a buff? 

and a nerf...

• Beer40
    Options
    To be honest, I didn't know what that meant when I read it and still don't. What am I missing there?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't remember Medusa getting credit for matching tiles by match 4s, but I could be wrong.  I think this hurts trap tiles a lot, tho. Spiderwoman, Winter Soldier, Fury, X23, 3* Daredevil got nerfed. Winter soldier got nerfed on his red too.
    Not entirely sure tho, gonna have to see it in action

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually Entanglement triggers if it's matched or destroyed, so maybe that won't affect her.

Sucks for Fury and Spider-Woman traps, though.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Impacts Resolute Queen assuming you get health/AP for destroyed tiles right now (just tried to test it but couldn't get the right scenario set up).  I've honestly never paid close enough attention!  

Not a nerf technically.  Fixing it so it works the way it was supposed to in the first place.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    When it comes to the Match-4 change, the best examples we can think of for this is when you do a Match-4 and the line clear would trigger an enemy Nick Fury's Demolition Trap tiles or Kishu's Caltrops Trap tiles. Starting with R136, this will no longer be the case
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another patch notes with no clue? This should be for anniversary too. There should be some kind of character. Unless the secret is the clue being no clue. "There is no clue." An alteration of the line, "There is no spoon" from The Matrix. Matrix starred Keeanu Reeves, a similar last name the Christopher Reeve, well known for playing Superman. So, Marvel's Superman, Hyperion, is inbound. Got it!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jesus, guys, traps are already incredibly flimsy and hard to use effectively. Why?

I feel like the goal was to fix Fury's traps double-firing if they get match-4'd (rightfully so, that was dumb) and the only way they could figure out to make it work was to shart on all traps.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    To be honest, I didn't know what that meant when I read it and still don't. What am I missing there?
    Lets say you have a blue trap on this column:
    TU
    TU
    Y<-TU
    TU
    *Trap*
    R
    R

Matching the TU would make a line clear and destroy the trap.
  • Beer40
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Beer40 said:
    Lets say you have a blue trap on this column:
    TU
    TU
    Y<-TU
    TU
    *Trap*
    R
    R

Matching the TU would make a line clear and destroy the trap.
    Ok, now I got it. The trap would be "destroyed" not "matched" and thus not activate.  WOW! This seems like a major nerf for Spider Woman. I will purposefully leave match 4's to the AI to get them to activate her traps. 
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mkay, so re-spec Spider Woman and Fury and never play DD again. Got it.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Brigby And just to be perfectly clear, are all 8 tiles being considered destroyed? Or only the "Other 4" that weren't part of the match?

I am thinking the latter.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always figured the destroyed tiles thing would eventually be changed.  As people of mention many of the command say if matched. 
    Interesting to see no hint again.  Wondering if they are just keeping anniversary stuff tighter to the vest or if there is really no character again (not that I'd be complaining, the character release cycle is a little too aggressive).
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Is this change specific to Daken or all tile color changes? I noticed in the last pve that Cloak and Dagger's color changes would deactivate Doom's traps.