R136 Release Notes (9/25/17)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starfury said:
    j0nats said:
    confirmed medusa got nerfed.  her passives dont work with tile destruction now.  tiles have to be matchex fot her powers to trigger.

nobody would really care about fury getting nerfed.  but medusa... man that sucks!!!

Did it ever work differently?

I was always under the impression that Medusa only healed / generated AP for tiles that were matched away, not cleared away in a match-4

Yeah that's how it always worked.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Starfury said:

Did it ever work differently?

I was always under the impression that Medusa only healed / generated AP for tiles that were matched away, not cleared away in a match-4

Medusa has a second passive. Destroyed Entanglement tiles would spawn attack tiles (which I anecdotally find happens a lot more often than a direct match from the AI).
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    j0nats said:
    confirmed medusa got nerfed.  her passives dont work with tile destruction now.  tiles have to be matchex fot her powers to trigger.

nobody would really care about fury getting nerfed.  but medusa... man that sucks!!!
    The update hasn't been released yet, so no changes have occurred.  If you read the rest of the posts you will see there was no nerf to Medusa.
    Entanglement - triggers when the count down is destroyed (not matched) so this will continue to work as is always has.
    Resolute Queen - triggers when special tiles were matched - it never triggered on tiles destroyed by match 4's

The change effects trap tiles which specify they have to be matched to activate, until now they were activating when destroyed.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No clue, but this info is posted:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67788/unknown-coming-soon#latest

I guess the clue that will be in the next patch.

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    X men back in time for the gifted?
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    The new loading screen gives me happy chills.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whoami said:
    Same here. I can only hope more X-Men are incoming!
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    whoami said:
    Besides seeing xmen on the loading screen, the yellow pattern is very pleasant to look at.  I've closed and reloaded my game several times already for no other reason.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Going on the loading screen I would guess at 4* versions of storm and colossus 

I’d love to see new xmen though 

not it long to wait and find out 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The new loading screen is awesome. I miss seeing the old X-Men. Both in the game and in comics. Hoping for Rogue or Nightcrawler. Would be nice to see a buff for X-Force or Beast too.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    The new loading screen is awesome. I miss seeing the old X-Men. Both in the game and in comics. Hoping for Rogue or Nightcrawler. Would be nice to see a buff for X-Force or Beast too.
    Rogue and Gambit. After that: Nightcrawler and Shadowcat.

After all that I legitimately don't give a **** anymore, I'm happy.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anon said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    Rogue and Gambit. After that: Nightcrawler and Shadowcat.

After all that I legitimately don't give a tinykitty anymore, I'm happy.
    Forgot about Kitty. I'd love her and Lockheed duo. But I'm a Gambit hater through and through. Which means he'll be in the game and great probably.
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My money is on Cable!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On the loading screen there are Storm, Colossus, Wolverine and Cyclops.
    The second generation of X-Men. The missing are: Nightcrawler, Sunfire, Thunderbird and Banshee.
    Maybe we will get finally some of them ;)
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Honestly, they could have just saved themselves a ton of dev time (ie $) and changed the text to read "matched or destroyed" and left gameplay as is.

Actually, they couldn't: you can destroy traps without activating them in much more ways than just by match-4s.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My money is on Cable!
    Cable is coming with Deadpool 2.  I mean, probably. That makes the most sense.  June 2018.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It appears that the last update on Android added new permission requirements.  the game no longer works unless I grant it permission to look at my google account profile. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    It appears that the last update on Android added new permission requirements.  the game no longer works unless I grant it permission to look at my google account profile. 
    Indeed, I raised this in the bugs subforum.  But you can back out of the Google Play account selection (after you click Deny) and run the game.