Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Magic said:

Adding another node is also a piss at players. This should replace one of the hard nodes or 2* essential for scl 7-9. Not being extra (while still not being taken into account as it is more likely players don't have the character). If adding this node was meant to force the hoarders to open the hoards - not going to work.

This would've been a golden opportunity to remove those completely pointless easy missions (where you tap 10 times to get in and out of the mission and 1-2 times to kill a character and let Thanos do his thing)

Remove the 3 easy missions and replace them with the 5* essential offering the same or slightly better rewards than the three easy nodes combined.

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ducky said:
    Do 5* essential nodes mean we're getting better odds for classic LTs coming to help players gain access to those covers?! Perhaps that increase we saw "accidentally" not too long ago?! 
    I hope so (fingers crossed)....but I won't hold my breath
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options

I can't believe the amount of complaining on here about the release of SCL9 we have all been clamoring for since it was revealed that there was going to be a new SCL.

Come on people, it's new game play content! Give it a chance, play it or don't play it be fore you rip it!! I know I will even thou I have no 5 star champs. Luckily, I do have all 5 stars rostered.

SCL9 here I come!!

Not allowed to complain. I've heard that before...
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't see an incentive to move from SCL7 to SCL9. Will be staying put
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Great! I love it!!!
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @mexus    here the answers you needed :smile:
    Brigby said:

Yes. You don't need to complete 5-Star Essential nodes in order to reach Max Progression, however players can still benefit from completion points, because they affect Placement.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So with this new mode this is further incentive to level what 5* you may have
    Sandmaker said:
    This doesn't make any sense.

The level range for SCL 7 only goes up to 245. So it's clearly designed for people in the 3*-4* transition range. But now you're sticking a 5* essential in there?

It's already getting really difficult to place with all the 4*-5* in there. With this change, we're going to be down a node pretty much every sub, making it impossible to even place Top 50 for the HP.

Please move it off the SCL 7 and 8. Or make it so the essential is always one of the 3 from Latest Legend. Forcing a 3*-4* player to own a specific 5* to compete at their own level is just ridiculous.  
    Agreed. Of the twelve 5* I own, none have more than 5 covers or are levelled up higher than 263 because the iso I get is needed for 4* and 2* farms. Level 255 opponents are nothing to anyone with a half decent 5* but it is going to put extra pressure on 3-4* players to level their 5* ahead of time to have a better chance of beating that node. I would rather not have the carrot dangled. Even then, proper 5* players will crush that node in no time at all which is an incentive for them to play SCL7.

If the Devs really want to have a 5* event for players at level 65 and above, why not make it separate, maybe a weekly mini-event thing with fixed prizes that is away from main PVE events and is more of a bonus like Crash of the Titans.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    My placement rewards are now RNG based.....yay?
  • Starfury
    Options
    mexus said:

The 5* node is troublesome, not only for me personally that never rostered the (few) 5*s I have managed to come across. It's troublesome because it's not entirely stated whether this node counts for placement score or not.
    The way I read it, it does not count in progression so how could it count for total placement score?
    Will it be a node with a score table on it's own, independent from the Story even score?
    Will players not being able to participate in the essential 5* node be dragging the alliance score down for the event? Should my alliance kick those still in CL6 and also people like me who don't have a 5*? Will be have a loaner?
    Many questions! :)

It'll be an additional node, offering points like every other node.

Progression score targets will remain unchanged, so as before, 5 clears of every node except the 5* essential = max progression.

But since there's another node offering additional points for those who play it, those people will have a higher score and thus place ahead of you as far as T50/T100 is concerned.

• Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    mexus said:
    It's always been, have it not? There are 2*, 3* and 4* required nodes.
    2*,3*,4* have direct means of earning them. But 5* is completely RNG with LT's and then getting the correct character.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Echoing the opinion that the 5* node should not be in CL7 & 8. Encourage 5* players to play in CL9 by only having it in there. 

In the lower CL's, its only hurting the players those levels are designed for. 
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It feels as though they are saying that players who shouldn't be (in their opinion) in 7-9, should move down to 6, otherwise you won't get the new covers. Essentially, too many people are going for better rewards than the game developers think they should be aiming for.

This echoes the PvP changes - remove the top CP from progression, as too many people are achieving it (and give the 4* cover at an attainable target in exchange). Personally, it would have been better to level both PvP and PvE as they were, rather than starting to restrict or flip them.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus said:
    2*,3*,4* have direct means of earning them. But 5* is completely RNG with LT's and then getting the correct character.
    First thing we should mention is the fact that the new node is optional, which means all pros (more rewards, CPs especially) no cons (seriously, what does this take from you?).
    Second thing we should mention is the RNG thing. While i agree 5*s are fully random (and chance of getting specific 5* drops every time new 5* is released, since they share the same drop rate), as a free player i have almost all of them (with Daredevil missing i thing) WITHOUT using favourite champ on missing 5*s (favourite champ is cool feature which partially eliminates RNG and which works more frequently than new 5*s  are released).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny said:
    mexus said:
    First thing we should mention is the fact that the new node is optional, which means all pros (more rewards, CPs especially) no cons (seriously, what does this take from you?).
    Second thing we should mention is the RNG thing. While i agree 5*s are fully random (and chance of getting specific 5* drops every time new 5* is released, since they share the same drop rate), as a free player i have almost all of them (with Daredevil missing i thing) WITHOUT using favourite champ on missing 5*s (favourite champ is cool feature which partially eliminates RNG and which works more frequently than new 5*s  are released).

It's only optional if you don't go for placement.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doc L said:
    It feels as though they are saying that players who shouldn't be (in their opinion) in 7-9, should move down to 6, otherwise you won't get the new covers. Essentially, too many people are going for better rewards than the game developers think they should be aiming for.

This echoes the PvP changes - remove the top CP from progression, as too many people are achieving it (and give the 4* cover at an attainable target in exchange). Personally, it would have been better to level both PvP and PvE as they were, rather than starting to restrict or flip them.

So this brings up the question of what should the “average” SCL7 players roster look like?

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    veny said:
    mexus said:

Do we already know how many point it gives IF it gives some?
    And yeah, did not consider this perspective...i dont go for placement since i dont have 5+ hours each day for PvE and now changed PvP :D
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny said:
    Bowgentle said:
    veny said:
    mexus said:

And yeah, did not consider this perspective...i dont go for placement since i dont have 5+ hours each day for PvE and now changed PvP :D
    From the original post:

• The amount of points the mission is worth goes down after the 4th completion
    • The mission is worth points the first 6 times it is completed
    • The minimum amount of points this mission is worth is 4 points
    So presumably it is worth more than 4 points.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is worth more than the existing 4* essential node.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    veny said:
    Bowgentle said:
    veny said:
    mexus said:

From the original post:

So presumably it is worth more than 4 points.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is worth more than the existing 4* essential node.

Yeah I'm guessing it'll be the highest value node.
  • Starfury
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    jamesh said:
    veny said:
    Bowgentle said:
    veny said:
    mexus said:

From the original post:

Yeah I'm guessing it'll be the highest value node.

It better be, after all it's going to be the most difficult node by far.

...which only makes its influence on placement even more problematic.