Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Can there be a fix for the tappers Brigby ?  This will now cause even more of this in sl9
    I will be sure to include this in my weekly report to the development team.

So the 5* fight will have points that aren't calculated for max progression, but will still be a factor in placements? 
    Yes. You don't need to complete 5-Star Essential nodes in order to reach Max Progression, however players can still benefit from completion points, because they affect Placement.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More than I expected. Glad to see 4*s available at more ranks, I like seeing everything go up in general (whether it's the top placements that I never get anyways or the total CP/HP over the course of an event).

Definitely surprised to see a 5* required node! As someone who hasn't moved up to champed 5* gameplay, I'll be glad to see them going to use finally. I'd be curious as to how long between release of a new 5* and them getting included into Essential rotation.

Looking forward to moving up and increasing rewards, here's hoping things smooth out across other SCLs to improve things for those that don't move up.

Now we get to hope it doesn't take a full year to roll out SCL10, and that maybe SCL10 will finally do away with Standard tokens somehow. (the idea that I'm going to start earning another Standard token every day by using end-game characters kinda makes me want to kick someone in the shin, if I'm honest)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Not very excited by the thought of 515 Carnage, Venom (Eddie), red/green feeder node
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As a CL7 player, I'm happy to see there's finally a use for my 15 5* characters with 1-3 covers

Unfortunately, Star Lord is not one of them so wont get it try it out in the first event
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So the 5* fight will have points that aren't calculated for max progression, but will still be a factor in placements? 
    My guess is it means that the points obtained aren't calculated when they set up progression rewards.  So, if you clear every other node 5 times, you'll get the top progression (30 command points).  If you do the 5* required node, then you can get top progression without 5 clears
    I get that, Brigby specifically said max progression won't be affected in his initial post.  My question was about placing in pve.  To get consistent top 10 finishes in pve going forward, I would have to have been lucky enough to have pulled a cover of a specific 5* character.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess it is a good thing I held on to my 5* covers then, even if it was a pain under the old scaling system.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Sooo basically 5* players can stay in SC7 and make it even easier for them to place above the 3 and 4* players. And why was this decided? I don't understand why we earn points for placement but not progression. Why not just remove points from the node? It would be just extra rewards to make it worth the wasted 1000 HP to slot a 1 cover 5*. Especially when it's still too rare to pull a 5*. 
    (Disclaimer: I'm not a designer, nor a developer, so please consider my following comments as just a fellow player)

Well then let's say that the 5-Star essential node doesn't award any points at all, so it affects neither progression nor placement. The only thing it awards is node completion resources, like CP or Iso-8.

What would be the benefit of taking the time to complete the 5-Star nodes, as opposed to any other node?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very underwhelming, and especially disappointing that there is no 5 star fix. Adding an essential 5 star node is the cherry on top.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Sooo basically 5* players can stay in SC7 and make it even easier for them to place above the 3 and 4* players. And why was this decided? I don't understand why we earn points for placement but not progression. Why not just remove points from the node? It would be just extra rewards to make it worth the wasted 1000 HP to slot a 1 cover 5*. Especially when it's still too rare to pull a 5*. 
    (Disclaimer: I'm not a designer, nor a developer, so please consider my following comments as just a fellow player)

Well then let's say that the 5-Star essential node doesn't award any points at all, so it affects neither progression nor placement. The only thing it awards is node completion resources, like CP or Iso-8.

What would be the benefit of taking the time to complete the 5-Star nodes, as opposed to any other node?
    ...extra resources, it seems to me?