Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Well, I genuinely did not think they would extend 4* covers to T50, so that's a pleasant surprise. So are the additions of LTs in placement. Progression rewards are a little more on the meh side, but its never a bad thing to get more. 

I'm a bit ambivalent on the 5* required node. It feels like a natural progression of the gameplay, and extra resources are nice. But as others have already pointed out, that will likely have the effect of making it harder to place in SCL 8 and especially 7, as it's less likely that players who belong in those levels will have a full stable of 5*s. And, it's more time on the grind. And currently the only way to get these required characters is purely at the mercy of RNG, and most of us on these forums are aware of the dim prospects of drawing 5*s, particularly from Classics. 

That leads me to my next point though. I'm really holding out hope that they're at least going to buff the odds of drawing a 5*, and that the "accidental" increase we had in odds last month for those few brief hours is what they actually intend to change things to at some point. 
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe they should've left the 5* node for SCL 9 only. That way the existing SCLs wouldn't be affected (though it would also rob the SCL 7 & 8 players from the extra resources).
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Can there be a fix for the tappers Brigby ?  This will now cause even more of this in sl9
    I will be sure to include this in my weekly report to the development team.

So the 5* fight will have points that aren't calculated for max progression, but will still be a factor in placements? 
    Yes. You don't need to complete 5-Star Essential nodes in order to reach Max Progression, however players can still benefit from completion points, because they affect Placement.
    Adding this 5 star node to CL 7 is a really bad idea. Now those champed 5 star players can stomp on lower level players even worse instead of playing CL 9.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I welcome scl9 finally coming to MPQ, and with great rewards too.

I do not welcome that you didn't fix PVE first. And that those LTs will only increase the issue of all day grinders. Especially since overgrinding also helps the alliances get another LT for t10.

Late bracketsniping is going to be fun too. An LT for 1h of work if you're lucky? That's almost worth losing out the progression rewards for even more people.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Looks like fun!

One question about CP in progression.  It says 40 total, but the chart shows 8 and 30.  Did I miss the last 2 somewhere?
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Not a fan of the required 5* node.  It penalizes players who haven't been "lucky" enough, or buy enough to pull covers for the required node.  When you consider how hard it is to get 5* covers at all, much more - how hard it is to get covers for a specific character, this kind of change is unfair.  

As a solution, I say make it easier to get the required 5* - maybe offer the character at a higher pull rate like at launch, during the event where it's required.  

Another solution is to make the node not worth points for placement but just a worthwhile bonus like Iso, CP, Hp, or even a LT

This change should not be a permanent one at all. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised there was no test run of this system in the past.  This seems like a big enough change to warrant one.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    From my understanding the 5* essential doesn't influence points at all for progression or placement so it isn't really a detriment to players who don't have them, just a bonus to those who do.  You can grind a higher level node for the small node rewards if you choose to do so or not.  

While it is nice to see SCL 9 come out, the small increase in rewards for the jump in difficulty will probably not encourage too many players to move to it.  Those who do benefit will be the players willing to put in the extra time for the higher scaling and get top 50 placement for the 4* cover.  If you can't get top 50, no reason to even consider SCL 9 it seems.  

While my roster could handle it....I don't see the value to spending significantly more time grinding harder nodes for slightly better placement/progression rewards....if I can place top 50.  Now if there was a guaranteed additional 4* in progression (instead of placement), I would consider it but I think I will stay in SCL and spend less time grinding. I will probably try out SCL 9 at some point, but it sure won't be Venom Bomb!  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    From my understanding the 5* essential doesn't influence points at all for progression or placement so it isn't really a detriment to players who don't have them, just a bonus to those who do.  You can grind a higher level node for the small node rewards if you choose to do so or not.

It 100% affects placement, since it's points you need to get.

@mexus How's that brilliant idea of yours to sell all 5s as you draw them looking now?

• dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

I was really enjoying my 30 minute clears in 8, I'm not sure the meager guaranteed improvements are enough to make me go back to 60+ minute clears and using a ton of packs again.
    I 100% agree with @Bowgentle

I don't want to spend any more time grinding in PVE and I really thought this was part of the reason they made the scaling fixes.  I not to long ago started playing seriously again and the game was becoming fun and not too overwhelming because of the scaling fix.  But adding more time needed to win the game is not appealing to me at all.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for SCl9. This makes it easier for me to finally quit my addiction to this game.

5* essential for even more grind to SCl7/8 is a no-go. Scl9 will take up too much time for my 4* roster (Rank 106!), so I cannot get any placement rewards-- and you chose to ignore reasonable progression rewards.

I was holding out for SCl9 and hope it would create incentive for 4/5* players to create a better reward for time spent. I am very sad on the direction here.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Reward increase is almost non-existing, which cant be said about opponent difficulty.
    I will stay in SC7 instead of doing SC9 for like 10% more reward but 100% more time needed...
    Maybe i will change my mind after promoting my first 5*, but i guess they will add SCL 10 before this will happen :dizzy:
    At least we have 5* node, so not a total failure change list :D
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We should expect CL 10 to be open during 2019 then.  :p
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, SCL9 looks fine but I will not opt in for Venom Bomb.  I'll wait until the next event.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I for one am looking forward to 9.  Faceroll 8 for me right now is too dependent on when you join a bracket.
    In any case, the scaling is still not as bad it was previously for 5* players and I was already clearing optimally then. 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* node is important for both personal and alliance placement. If they did not add 5* node to cl7 or cl8, the pve alliance will have additional requirement on joining cl9. I believe that more complaints will be made. Now, you still are able to choose the time you want to invest or the rewards you want to choose based on your preference. It's a good addition and I expect that cl8 will be opened up more. We will see that effect in couple days.