Anniversary Survey

Options
13»

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did you answer in terms of character and story or gameplay? I went 3-Hawkeye, 4- Cyclops, 5- Jean Grey
    Hawkeye was both character and gameplay, Cyclops was more gameplay, Jean is my most covered 5, and rise from the ashes is pretty cool
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    It's a trap.  Whoever you choose is a candidate for the nerf bat.  Pick every version of Spiderman.
    Or they are looking for which characters to make lazy copies of to other tiers
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    pheregas said:
    It's a trap.  Whoever you choose is a candidate for the nerf bat.  Pick every version of Spiderman.
    They may be almost out of those.  Most the main characters have 2/3/4-5 versions.  Heck, we have 6 spidermen in the game!

I suppose we still have Ultimate Spider-man, Cosmic Spider-man, Symbiote Spider-man, and Iron-Spider that need in-game versions sooner than later.
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* Blade
    4* Peggy Carter
    5* Old Man Logan
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    pheregas said:
    broll said:
    pheregas said:
    They may be almost out of those.  Most the main characters have 2/3/4-5 versions.  Heck, we have 6 spidermen in the game
    I'm sure we'll get a new Hulk to go w/ Thor: Ragnarok (called Worldbreaker or Green Scar a la to the Planet Hulk & World War Hulk stories). I'm sure they'll put in the grey Hulk at some point, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see "classic" versions of Drax, Quicksilver, Vision, & Scarlet Witch that look like their comic book selves. Avengers Infinity War is coming soon, and they're all in it.
  • pheregas
    Options

I'm sure we'll get a new Hulk to go w/ Thor: Ragnarok (called Worldbreaker or Green Scar a la to the Planet Hulk & World War Hulk stories). I'm sure they'll put in the grey Hulk at some point, too.

4* Ragnarok incoming.  

#intentionallymisreading

But on a serious note, PlanetHulk is one of my all-time favorite stories.  Made me sad what they did with WWHulk, but maybe I need to reread it with lower expectations and as a collected volume.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I loved Planet Hulk but only liked World War Hulk. The good: Hulk vs. everybody, and the Hulk has a legitimate reason to be so angry. The bad: art was not to my taste & the story didn't end as well as it could have. The writer, Greg Pak, stayed on the monthly series (retitled Incredible Hulks) for awhile afterward and produced some enjoyable comics. Fall of the Hulk & World War Hilks, the crossovers w/ the (less good) red Hulk series, should have been better coordinated, however.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    I didn't answer based on who I like to use, but rather who my favorite characters are just in general. Because of that, I picked 3* Luke Cage, Riri, and Bruce Banner.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I ignored the survey request. If they can't figure out who the most popular existing characters are without a survey, we're all in bigger trouble than I thought.
    Same thing, same reason..... 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Dormammu said:
    I ignored the survey request. If they can't figure out who the most popular existing characters are without a survey, we're all in bigger trouble than I thought.
    Same thing, same reason..... 
    Well, they would only be able to determine that from play data if every player had every character rostered and champed, and even then all it would determine is what characters we play with the most — which is distinct from our favorites, as some characters are just more useful than others and some the game almost forces our hand to use to remain competitive.

I really like Green Goblin but I only have him at a couple of covers and I'm not sure if I've ever brought him into battle as a result. Based on my play data, I could care less about Green Goblin but boy do I like 2* Daken! Similarly, I love Thing and have him champed, but he's so badly in need of a rework that I only use him when he's boosted. Medusa I like less as a character, but use all of the time because of her utility.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Where do we find this survey you speak of?

I never got a pop up for it.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    voted
    3* Kamala Khan
    4* Captain Marvel
    5* Phoenix
  • pheregas
    Options
    I loved Planet Hulk but only liked World War Hulk. The good: Hulk vs. everybody, and the Hulk has a legitimate reason to be so angry. The bad: art was not to my taste & the story didn't end as well as it could have. The writer, Greg Pak, stayed on the monthly series (retitled Incredible Hulks) for awhile afterward and produced some enjoyable comics. Fall of the Hulk & World War Hilks, the crossovers w/ the (less good) red Hulk series, should have been better coordinated, however.
    My biggest beef with WWHulk was that Hulk, with good reason, came back to Earth to punch some faces.  But as soon as he got back, he forgot all that awesome strategy and teamwork stuff he just learned.  :(
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    My optimistic take is this helps them:  1. decide Anniversary rewards and/or 2. Decide to Buff popular, underused characters.  People love Wolverine, but hate XFW.