Anniversary Survey

Options
Blindman13
Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
Just got a popup for a survey that simply asked for my favorite 3, 4, and 5 star characters. It didn't ask for comments or give any limitations, so I went with Patch, Nick Fury, and Thanos.
Different reasons for each, so I'm curious who others picked and why.

Comments

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Hulk
    4* Iceman
    5* OML

I choose theese characters not because they are the best or the most fun to play. I choose them because they are my favourite characters :)
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    3* Thanos - Thanos is a badass.
    4* Cyclops - I wasn't sure whether or not to click on Wolverine, Deadpool, or Cyclops here. I didn't want two of the same character so Cyke won out over Deadpool.
    5* OML - My second favorite character in the Marvel Universe behind the "real" Logan. 

Ironically, if they'd have given me the survey in reverse, I would have still picked the same characters, only different versions (5* Thanos, 4* Wolverine, 3* Cyclops).
    Edit: My reasoning was choosing my favorite characters, not thinking about their in game design.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I chose KKhan/Vulture and Hawkeye
    KKhan was one of my first 3 stars
    I just love Vulture 
    Hawkeye was the first 5 star i started leveling and he fits well with all my current 4s.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3*: Strange because I use him so much that when I am forced to NOT bring him in a fight I get confused when the enemy does not take damage from using a skill.

4*: Dino because I love that big red guy

5*: Peter because even at only 3 covers I enjoy using him and can't wait to get him really going.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I answered incorrectly to avoid nerfs. Oh thanos is a big favorite let's do something about this situation.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Psylocke. 
    4* Sam Wilson. 
    5 *Doc Oc.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I answered incorrectly to avoid nerfs. Oh thanos is a big favorite let's do something about this situation.
    I had a similar mindset.....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* IF
    4* IW
    5* BB
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For 3* I chose Captain America. He is just so fun to play once his red and blue get rolling. IM40 would be my second choice.

4*: Peggy Carter. I'm always excited for when her buff weeks roll around. She is great to take on nasty enemy teams and emerge relatively unscathed. Second choice would be Iceman. Really enjoyed Heart of Darkness with both of them buffed.

5*: OML. I leveled him up to 390 to roll through seed nodes and he's the only 5* I use at all since I don't want to move into 5* PvP play. So there really wasn't much choice there.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Hawkeye
    4* Iceman (honorable mention to my girl Medusa)
    5* Probably would be Hawkeye but didn't want to list two of the same characters and went with my other fave Black Bolt.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Strange survey I must agree. Wonder what the purpose is...

I chose Strange, Carol & Black Panther
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One could imagine an Anniversary vault having favorite characters, or an anniversary boost list. The vault probably wouldn't have a 5 in it.  Would it?
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Doctor Strange - narrowly pipped The Hood, but he's just too darn irreplaceable!
    4* Rocket & Groot - another everyday pick, and not at all a cynical ploy to get him in event vaults.  ;)
    5* Green Goblin - don't have him or any interest in 5*s, but he's the only one I want.
  • Over__Flow
    Options
    Maybe they will gives us scl9/10 where the most loved 3 4 5* will be the reward?
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Cyclops.
    4* Captain Marvel. I'm very much in transition so my choice is fairly limited, but she's been invaluable in some heavy nodes.
    5* Black Widow, no real experience at all but she was always a good choice to use in early nodes before I started to fully cover and champion in 3* and 4* land.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think this is to come up with new varients for those characters
    i voted all x men to send a message (psylocke jean phoenix)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I ignored the survey request. If they can't figure out who the most popular existing characters are without a survey, we're all in bigger trouble than I thought.
    They didn't ask for the most popular, they asked for people's favorites. You can tell just by looking at THIS TOPIC that a lot of people have favorites that aren't necessarily the most used, and thus wouldn't be most popular. The devs aren't mind readers. The only way to get this information is to ask.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    See, I find this hard to answer.
    Are we talking favourite to use or favourite actual character? Because favourite character would be
    3* Doom
    4* Thor
    5* Black Widow.

But favourite to use would probably be
    3* IM40
    4* Cloak & Dagger
    5* Black Panther.

Eh...I'll go with favourite actual character...seems a few people in this thread did that already.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Elektra
    4* Invisible Woman
    5* Hulk