4* DDQ: Nova vs Falcap

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
No fuss with lv274 5/5/3 Nova. Like most of my recent crashes, had a slow board, but eventually got 8 Black, 7 Yellow, and 6 Red at the same time. One Danger Zone, followed by one Nova Blast, followed by two Rocket Men, and Sam Alexander was victorious over Sam Wilson.

For undercovered, underlevelled Nova, the strategy is very simple: get a Black strike tile out asap, then do your best to keep Falcap airborne. And also prioritise Yellow matches, cos if Falcap gets a Wings of Liberty off you'll want to throw your mobile device or computer against the wall. Plus Nova Blast helps wear Falcap down if you have covers for it.

LT got me Mockingbird Red to put her at 1/0/1, plus a Bonus Winter Soldier Blue to complete Buck at 5/3/5 =D

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    More trouble than I thought it would be with a LVL 272 3/5/5 Nova. Falcap kept falling into yellow matches, and eventually got a red off that ate a lot of Nova's health. Eventually, I wore him down with Rocket Man and Nova Blast. Pew! Pew! Pew! Token is #75 in the hoard.

Since there are no allies in the fight, if you can respec him to 5/3/5, that would probably be the best way to go about this one.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I had made Strang3 my sole 3* bonus hero last week to get to 223 for the extra red cover and levels if I needed them, but my 2/5/2 Level 172 Nova made it through first time, no boosts. 

I did get pretty fortunate that I was able to fire Nova Blast at least three times, and everything else once I think. He only managed to get a Dive Bomb off, but since there were no protect tiles out, I was able to survive. Finished with 2310 health. Token to the hoard. 
  • Bunny
    Bunny Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Got him first try with my 2/3/3 lvl 160 nova. Strategy is simple. As Falcap's Blue almost useless here. Just deny yellow and red (both are your colors too) then fires every bullet you have. With chunk of strike tiles this would be quick fight.

Got first 5* Starlord from LT, yellow one.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Almost fully-covered 2/4/5 Nova at 229. Went in unboosted and prioritized denying Red first, then Yellow. Flaptain got a few Blue matches off to buff his Protect tiles but he only boosts one tile per Blue match so I didn't prioritize Blue, especially not if I could get Black instead.

I was annoyed to see Rocket Man is still bugged, in that Nova's Strike tiles still do not increase Rocket Man's damage. How long has this been bugged? Only since at least January 2016. 

I'm glad I downed Flaptain on the first try but that doesn't mean I'm okay with them making us use a bugged character for the Crash.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No problems with lv 272 5/5/3 Nova.  Board was **** early so I had to maneuver the board to get my colors.  Once I fired off Danger Zone and then Nova Blast, it was cruise on boosted match damage until I see "Victory" on my screen.  Had over 11K health left.

LT put my Wasp at lv 274
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    4/4/1, got destroyed at level 94, barely won at level 100. Repeated red for the win.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Almost fully-covered 2/4/5 Nova at 229. Went in unboosted and prioritized denying Red first, then Yellow. Flaptain got a few Blue matches off to buff his Protect tiles but he only boosts one tile per Blue match so I didn't prioritize Blue, especially not if I could get Black instead.

I was annoyed to see Rocket Man is still bugged, in that Nova's Strike tiles still do not increase Rocket Man's damage. How long has this been bugged? Only since at least January 2016. 

I'm glad I downed Flaptain on the first try but that doesn't mean I'm okay with them making us use a bugged character for the Crash.
    Does Rocket Man ignore Protect shields as well?  Because that would certainly help in this fight if so
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy first try for L273 5/3/5.  Had 9k health left.  Used no particular strategy and was only half paying attention.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have 8 covers for Nova and none of them are red.... FAIL!!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rocks52 said:
    JSP869 said:

Does Rocket Man ignore Protect shields as well?  Because that would certainly help in this fight if so
    Oh! You know, I think it still does! I did note that it did the exact amount of damage as stated in the power's text, and now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Flaptain still had a couple of Protect shields out at that time. Definitely an advantageous bug, in that case.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been a while since I've felt the need to post to remind myself how I did it with a low-level/coverage character since I have a goodly chunk of the 4* championed these days, but Nova is a throwback to the early Crash days for me.

Just playing unboosted with Nova @ L94 and 1/5/3, I got FalCap down to 29 health by denying red and (mainly) yellow; would have won unboosted, but he got yellow off once he got under 1k health and that was the whole shooting match.

Try #2, I boosted R/Y AP, all AP, and 100% match damage, and then promptly got a board that fed me four critical matches on my first turn. That'll help, yup yup. Ironically, the elite token I got for a bonus reward got Doctor Strange to 222, which means Nova mighta been 2/5/3 before his Crash cycle ends.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Nova is 5/5/3 and around 15 champ levels. Meant to boost Red and Yellow but forgot. I was able to keep him away from his colors but took a while to get the 6 red. It made for a moderately slow match but not as bad as ... two Crashes ago?

LT became a Star-Lord Green.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/4/3. I actually almost got him. I had some strikes out and was working him down, when he fired his first yellow. Ground me to a halt. Then a second yellow after I was starting to chip away at him again. Then he kept hitting blues to buff the protect tiles. I finally had to throw in the towel because I was less than 1K from dying anyway and had no way to match away his protects.

So, it feels like it's possible with a good board. I'll try again.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Won 1st try unboosted with a lvl 131 1/3/2 Nova. Prioritized yellow, then red. I think I got a very fortunate board, because it was very simple once I got strike tiles out. Kept him airborne for about half the match, pew-pewed when I could after he landed, and by the time I ran out of red he was under 1K health (I think I finished with around 2500 myself). Only the 2nd time I've beaten Crash!
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Won first try, no boost for 2/3/2 L147 Nova

Kept on taking yellow and reds away from Falcon, he never fired a power while his health wilted from strikes matches.

Pull'd Mordo cover to add for my champ'd L281.
  • Jesus Jones
    Options
    GOT'EM!!!!
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat him first try with 1/9/1 lv 156 Nova with and no boosts. Flaptain got off his red once but I was able to nab/deny enough yellow to wear him down.

Pulled Fisk yellow, which gets him to 4/2/5.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got it third go with my 0/3/3 lvl 147 nova. Falcap got one yellow off and then seemed to match blue every turn after that but was able to eventually match them all away.

LT was a hulkbuster blue for 3/4/4,which is ok
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just champed Nova at the weekend, so this was his first outing. Fairly straightforward, although FalCap did get some protect tiles out, I had enough strikes to make them inconsequential. The whole thing was over pretty quickly.

LT got me a 5* Star-lord yellow, taking him to a tremendous 1/1/1.
  • Jesus Jones
    Options
    Accidentally pulled the LT and got a second cover for Peter Parker....