Why are there a whopping SIX different bugs with Nova? lol

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
• Damage dealt by Nova's power Rocket Man is unaffected by Strike and Protect tiles. This will be addressed in R94.

• There is a bug in the airborne functionality that shows an incorrect amount of turns being airborne. The amount of turns being airborne is one less than what is stated. As a result, Nova's power Rocket Man shows the enemy being airborne for three turns but it is actually only two turns, which is the intended amount. We are still investigating a fix this to issue.

• Heroes will return from being airborne immediately on that player's next turn if there is only one hero left on that player's team. This will be addressed in R95.

• The player will see the enemy Nova's Rocket Man power go off when the enemy Nova's power Taking Off changes to Rocket Man. This will be addressed in R94.

• Nova's power Rocket Man can be used to send an invisible enemy airborne if they are the last hero on that players team. This will be addressed in R95

• Airborne minions still generate AP for their team. This will be addressed in R94.

We apologize for the bugs and will fix them as soon as possible.

Comments

• seekie
    seekie Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    maybe NoQA will be a more suitable name icon_e_smile.gif
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess this is their way of alluding to Sam Alexander being a relative rookie, especially in terms of his age. He's figuring out how to properly utilise his dad's helmet, all his new abilities, working with the Avengers...hence the bugs?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Because (and I'm really sorry to say this) Demiurge's testing of the "Airborne" effect was not thorough enough. They failed to anticipate several use cases which do not usually cause problems with "Fastball Special", but do with "Rocket Man".

For example, since Colossus is almost never paired with goons, the problem of them generating AP while airborne did not arise. Now that we can freely send enemies airborne, this problem will be very visible.

[On a side note, Colossus is almost never used as a PVE opponent, let alone with goons. There are only three events in which he'd be seen in this context - Gauntlet, Deadpool and Simulator. Perhaps his upcoming appearance in the Deadpool film will incite Demiurge to use him more often...]
  • CNash wrote:
    Because (and I'm really sorry to say this) Demiurge's testing of the "Airborne" effect was not thorough enough. They failed to anticipate several use cases which do not usually cause problems with "Fastball Special", but do with "Rocket Man".
    The more likely scenario (due to the fact that all the bugs were "known" before release) is that testing was done and edge cases identified, but there wasn't enough time to fix all of them before release.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    • Damage dealt by Nova's power Rocket Man is unaffected by Strike and Protect tiles. This will be addressed in R94.

• There is a bug in the airborne functionality that shows an incorrect amount of turns being airborne. The amount of turns being airborne is one less than what is stated. As a result, Nova's power Rocket Man shows the enemy being airborne for three turns but it is actually only two turns, which is the intended amount. We are still investigating a fix this to issue.

• Heroes will return from being airborne immediately on that player's next turn if there is only one hero left on that player's team. This will be addressed in R95.

• The player will see the enemy Nova's Rocket Man power go off when the enemy Nova's power Taking Off changes to Rocket Man. This will be addressed in R94.

• Nova's power Rocket Man can be used to send an invisible enemy airborne if they are the last hero on that players team. This will be addressed in R95

• Airborne minions still generate AP for their team. This will be addressed in R94.

So they're going to wait until after R95 to host his PvP event, right?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Because they're **** devs and included airborne which has been filled with bugs for well over a year but they didn't give a **** because they're **** devs who only fix stuff once in a blue **** moon. (those tinykitties are actually me cursing for once since these devs are a disgrace to the industry and I'm tired of pretending to be nice.)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving this to Bugs and Technical Issues.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Koffitok wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    The more likely scenario (due to the fact that all the bugs were "known" before release) is that testing was done and edge cases identified, but there wasn't enough time to fix all of them before release.

I agree that this is the most likely scenario, but software development should be quality-driven rather than deadline-driven. There's no excuse for pushing out an incomplete or buggy character to your customers just to meet a deadline. This results in users having to suffer these bugs until another patch can be certified by Apple and Google, which does not demonstrate "customer obsession" and does not built trust amongst the community. In this situation, my response would be to delay the release of Nova until these bugs can be fixed, and run a "backup" new character in his place.

But now we're delving into development strategy. Demiurge should absolutely have multiple characters ready-to-go at any time, so that if they identify problems with one, another can easily be substituted in. What if the problems with Nova had been game-breaking? Without a replacement character to sub in, they'd be hosed. But on the other hand, do they have the manpower to work that far ahead? And what about other factors, like promotional tie-ins (articles on Marvel.com, for example)? While being quality-driven should be every developer's goal, sometimes it's difficult to balance this with the demands of all of your stakeholders. It's a quandary that every project manager knows, and most likely despises. That's why I'm merely a software QA and not a project manager... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Well it wouldn't be because they didn't test it, right?
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    I think what this confirms is they don't do play testing, they just don't bother.

This is incorrect. Please refrain from posting speculation as if it were fact. Both in-house and external testing takes place.
    Cause, you know, if they did do play testing, surely one or more of these bugs would've been caught & fixed prior to go-live. icon_rolleyes.gif lol

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Nice to see Nova getting some love in the latest Crash. Not so nice is that it's been a year & a half, and Rocket Man still doesn't gain damage from Nova's Strike Tiles.

TLCstormz said:

Uh huh.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Friends, don't let friends necro old threads.  Locked.]
This discussion has been closed.