Your reaction to load times

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
How are you reacting to the sudden addition to loading times in Marvel Puzzle Quest?

Your reaction to load times 149 votes

This is the best new feature since champion levels
7% 11 votes
I'm suffering through it
42% 64 votes
I fixed it with a forum work-around
10% 16 votes
I'm not playing until it's fixed
3% 5 votes
#*$%-tinykitty load times!!!!
35% 53 votes

Comments

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm suffering through it, but if you could tack the orange bar on to the end of the blue bar, that would be the complete picture for me...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I select "Why does a bug/problem need a poll? It will be fixed eventually regardless of the answers here."
  • animaniactoo
    Options
    Daiches said:
    I made the forum-work around.
    Unfortunately, it's still doing it to me despite having gone through most of that. On nodes that I've been through since updating.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's a forum work around?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm suffering through it, but the last answer represented my feelings of frustration better. It's a minor annoyance in any other context, but doing double and triple PVP hops inside of the last 8 hours was kinda scary knowing I'd have these small delays. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If I didn't play on wifi most of the time, this is the kind of bug that would make me quit.  It's been unplayable before from gamebreaking bugs like Medusa vs Medusa.  But even on wifi this is the kind of constant inconvenience that's gonna make me develop an eyebrow tick. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is the issue just that cached images were deleted, or is there some ongoing bug that continually prevents images from being downloaded and cached ?

Did they update the images in any way (different formats or anything)? 

I was under the assumption that this was intentional and likely an update for images...  I guess they could have just held everyone up at update download and packaged them with the update, but I didn't see much of an impact, but I only play when I'm on my wifi connection for the most part...

I haven't heard of a workaround per say, just people trying to get as much downloaded as they can by using different characters, which unless they store images in one orientation only and flip em for use with the other side will really only get you half way, you still have to wait for the enemy teams to cycle through all the heroes...

I'm assuming the gripe is that people would have rather opted to wait through all the downloading at once with the patch?

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Unfortunately, it's still doing it to me despite having gone through most of that. On nodes that I've been through since updating.
    I haven't had a single load since doing it, besides Goons in DDQ and of course the story art in PVE nodes. And each only once.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not hurting too badly but free stuff is always appreciated.
  • animaniactoo
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    I haven't had a single load since doing it, besides Goons in DDQ and of course the story art in PVE nodes. And each only once.
    Seems to mostly be happening in Lightning rounds. It's happening with the seed teams and I've absolutely been through all of them (and all combos of them) since I updated.
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm playing, but just barely. I'm doing the Deadpool Daily, and that's it. I find that I'm actually enjoying the break.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it's the no internet service that's getting me now

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really do hope there's compensation for this and not just a scant offering.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It was annoying the first day, but after playing normally for a day most of my matches have no download, or at worst 5-10 seconds.

The "I'm not playing until it's fixed" option is just silly.  It fixes itself by playing. ;)

I do feel for the people on slow networks though.  Luckily I'm usually on decent wi-fi.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The loading times started exactly the same day i bought a new phone. At first i thought it was a problem with the new phone and that its softwere didnt co-op with MPQ. Hmm..maybe i need to update MPQ..no its already updated. Maybe i need to update the phone..no. Then i went to the forum and i read that several others had problem with loading times so im kinda thankfull that im not the only one and that its gonna be fixed :)
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Load times? What load times?

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deadpool vs MPQ my first game back since the Galactus event and I run into load screen problems.
    Tinykitty this, I'll return when this bug is sorted out.
    The time needed to play PVE is annoying as it it. With load screen issues thrown in as well you can go whistle.
    You are single handedly ruining brand Marvel.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

On Android, I was going to just avoid the game until it was fixed, but posts here gave me a reason to stick at it.  On starting the game I always get Loading, and it goes from 60% up to 100% within about 15 seconds.  I guess it's checking something and only downloading if it has to.  But it does that every single time.

And every single game I also get Loading, and it rushes from 2% to 100%, pausing now and then, I guess to download resources it doesn't already have.

It's an annoying 2+ seconds every single game, but it is annoying.

There's got to be a better way to do a single check that "yes, I already have everything I need to start the game" as a hash total or last updated date, rather than checking everything individually.