Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    I'm still sitting at 0. I'm super jealous I wasn't awake during the 25% chance at 5* for the small window.
    Hopefully it happens again, with an actual advance warning. Maybe that's going to be a solution to get people to stop hoarding their CP?

I've been hoarding for months, so I am absolutely terrified that I'll pull all my tokens some day, and all of a sudden, days or months later, the odds will change without warning.
    If that's the goal it will fail (at least to completely eliminate it).  Hoarding for some of us is less about 5* rates and more about beating the RNG boss.  Increasing drop rates of 5* doesn't fix RNG and as some point people will get to a place where they have 5 in so many 5* colors they will hoard because of that.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've only ever gotten 3, 5* bonus pulls this entire time.  1 was a dupe, but it did allow me to finish a 2/5/4 IM46 the other day with a bit of luck.  Not thrilled with 5* bonus odds, but it's kinda nice I suppose.

3* bonus heroes feast and its so-so for 4*.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I made  snapshots on gamependium just before and after opening a mini hoard when BH were implemented. I now have 96 more 5*s than before BH. I'm certain on 6 bonus covers with possibly 1 more. So it's either 89+7 or 90+6. 

Seems very lucky to me. But someone better at math would be needed to say exectly how lucky that is...  :)

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've gotten 6 BH 5* out of 126 5* pulls since the start of BH system.  4 of those 6 have come in last 4-6 weeks or so though.  I pulled one very first day then went 2 months or so without (I am not a hoarder so I open as soon as I have enough).
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I've pulled five 5* bonus heroes out of 3000+ cp spent only on classic pulls and another 60+ legendary tokens since bonus heroes started. 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not enough.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 since BH started, but I only pull classics so I've pulle far less than latest pullers.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    smkspy said:
    2 since BH started, but I only pull classics so I've pulle far less than latest pullers.
    My 3 are all from classic pulls also, but why would that matter? Odds of receiving ANY 5* cover for a character in their respective vault is the same- 15%, thus BH rate the same. The difference is Latest is split 3 ways, Classic 14, soon to be 15, ways. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    smkspy said:
    My 3 are all from classic pulls also, but why would that matter? Odds of receiving ANY 5* cover for a character in their respective vault is the same- 15%, thus BH rate the same. The difference is Latest is split 3 ways, Classic 14, soon to be 15, ways.
    Didn't latest use to have better percentage rates than classics? It wasn't much, but the odds were simply better. 

I assumed that still held, but guess not, shrugs.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    smkspy said:
    Didn't latest use to have better percentage rates than classics? It wasn't much, but the odds were simply better. 

I assumed that still held, but guess not, shrugs.
    TBH, I don't know for sure. What I can remember is that Latest and Classic have always had the same odds at 15%, except the one day last week when Latest was 10% and Classic was 25%. I could very well be wrong though..... 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    charmbots said:
    I've pulled five 5* bonus heroes out of 3000+ cp spent only on classic pulls and another 60+ legendary tokens since bonus heroes started. 
    210 pulls has expected 31,5 5stars. With 5 5star BH that's about 1/6 instead of expected 1/20. You may be the luckiest non-exploiter there is with that number....
  • Chicago
    Chicago Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've pulled one bonus hero on the 59 5-stars I've pulled since BH came into the game. My overall 5-star pull rate is only 12 percent all-time (and I've never bought from the 10-percent stores), so I'm not a fan of how they administer that tier. Then again, by all accounts, 5-star PVP play is awful so I shouldn't really complain.
  • Chicago
    Options
    Also, PSA: I recommend against ever buying from the new-character store. I'd been hoarding LTs and CPs for months and, as Daredevil is my favorite Marvel character and the Hornhead store had 15 percent odds for 5-stars, I decided to open a ton there. I had no Daredevil or Peter Parker; I do have a 7/1/1 Black Panther but stupidly assumed they'd treat the Hornhead store the same as the latest store should I get any more black BP covers.

You can probably guess the rest of the story yourself. They closed the ticket last night; I was very polite but they just weren't going to budge. I'm debating whether I should open another ticket or add to my 2/0/0 dupe.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Only two which is probably below par for what has been opened.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chicago said:
    Also, PSA: I recommend against ever buying from the new-character store. I'd been hoarding LTs and CPs for months and, as Daredevil is my favorite Marvel character and the Hornhead store had 15 percent odds for 5-stars, I decided to open a ton there. I had no Daredevil or Peter Parker; I do have a 7/1/1 Black Panther but stupidly assumed they'd treat the Hornhead store the same as the latest store should I get any more black BP covers.

You can probably guess the rest of the story yourself. They closed the ticket last night; I was very polite but they just weren't going to budge. I'm debating whether I should open another ticket or add to my 2/0/0 dupe.
    I feel your pain and it's not a cool CS move at all. I do appreciate your story as a warning to us all.  That just stinks.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only pulled one since the launch of the feature and that was when I pulled a hoard on day one.  Since then I've mostly been hoarding but last hoard I opened as during the bug and only got 1 4* on pulling 83 covers (but who know if BH rates weren't wonky too that day...)  I'm not overly stressed about it, it'll get there eventually.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I literally got my first 5* BH last week (GG yellow). No hoarding, just spending PvE progression CP.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chicago said:

This is good info. Hornhead store should be a "Latest" store but by adding a "Classic" 5* in Black Panther into the mix, they gave themselves an out to not honor cover swaps. Seems like poor design/implementation/customer service all on that one...

I wonder if you'd over pulled Daredevil or Spider-Man if you'd have been treated the same? That's info we all really need to know.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Chicago said:

This is good info. Hornhead store should be a "Latest" store but by adding a "Classic" 5* in Black Panther into the mix, they gave themselves an out to not honor cover swaps. Seems like poor design/implementation/customer service all on that one...

I wonder if you'd over pulled Daredevil or Spider-Man if you'd have been treated the same? That's info we all really need to know.
    BP is in Classics. Hence not swapped.
    Spidey is in Latest. Hence swapped 
    Daredevil is new and soon Latest. Hence swapped.

no change in policy.
  • Chicago
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Beer40 said:
    Chicago said:

BP is in Classics. Hence not swapped.
    Spidey is in Latest. Hence swapped 
    Daredevil is new and soon Latest. Hence swapped.

no change in policy.
    Customer service specified that they would not have honored a request for a Daredevil cover swap had RNG put me in a situation where it would have helped. They explicitly said they only swap characters presently in the Latest Legends packs, meaning Spider-Man is the only one of the three that would have been swappable.

So I'm not suggesting there's been a change in D3's policy, only that there could be other players who, like me, might not be aware of the finer details of the developer's aggressively arbitrary and punitive swap policy for 5-star characters.